tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:13
"There comes a time..."

http://www.thelivid.com/news.php

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:18
this is the saddest day of my life.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:35
Mine too

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:41
How the fuck did I see this coming. God damn it! This is really devastating. Fuck it, I got nothing to say to this. If it had to be done, it had to be done, but this is really going to take away a huge peice of me away. Honestly, I don't think you'll ever truly understand how much your music means to me and alot of people out there.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:43
"Breaking me apart, piece by piece"

Eric

Currently listening to: Owen

posted on 2005-8-3 at 02:44
Crazy. The one time I hit up www.thelivid.com all summer and it's the day of their break up.

www.nobodyknew.net

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:03
As sad as it is, I can't really say it was unexpected. Good luck to all the members of the band in whatever ventures you take for the future, keep fighting the good fight (whatever the Hell that means).
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:18
ugh... :/
markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:20
can you guys release all the unreleased tracks and stuff you were recording? live material? anything to ease the shittyness of this?
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:45
see http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1376

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:51
My internet is being a jackass, so I originally meant to post this before 10:30pm.
Here it goes...

To the band:
Thank you for blessing us with the gift of music that only The Livid can play, no matter who its members are. From Jeremy to Justin, Bowes to Adam, Christian to Rob and the control tyrant founding member Skembri, it’s all been such a wonderful ride.

I will absolutely always be forever thankful to the four of you for everything you've said to me throughout this beautiful journey.
I'll always remember the first day I listened to "Egzit" and became instantly addicted to the band and what it had to offer.

As soon as I'm done this post I'll e-mail you all separately..but let me be the first to say that your music left an impact on the music scene and you'll always be remembered. Better to go out on your own than to have someone tell you to get out of the game.

Much kudos to Schembri's brilliant mind which works in mysterious ways and was able to create such beautiful music for everyone to find something they could take from it and relate to. From King of The Castle to The Ambition Within, every single song had something about it that made you want to keep listening.

As much as I knew this was coming, I’m part of the crowd who didn’t expect for it to happen tonight. I would have loved for there to be one last show, seeing as how June 3rd’s was 19+ and nowhere nearly as crowded as it should have been.

I feel blessed for the friendship I’ve had with you all over the past 2 years and I hope it will continue to be that way for a long time.
The four of you are more than lovely. You’re fantastic people with so many good qualities, and whatever it is that you do after this, I’ll always have the memories of how hard you rocked out on stage, and how dedicated you always were to your fans.

To the fans:
Stay strong my babies.
I hope that the message boards will stay, even if the site goes, because we’ve all become a big family. A lovely, lovely family who has gone through everyt hing one can possibly think of.
I feel honored to be part of such a strong community of supportive fans, who no matter what (with the exception of a few people..ahem) always had The Livid’s back and were ready to rip open a can of whoop-ass to anyone who felt like messing with any of the members, or the music.
I sincerely love you all and hope that if the end of this site and its forums come to an end soon, we can all keep in touch.
Feel free to ask anyone I’m close to for my MSN, and we’ll be talking again in no time.
To the “Crew”...thank you for all the wonderful laughs and memories. You guys are the definition of fandom.

In ending..we have to respect their decision, and know that the music is still there, and we can always pick up any of the cds, play them and rock out infront of our mirrors, remembering all that this wonderful band was.

Much kisses and hugs to everyone.

Chris...I want that CD...and not from Mrs. Schembri ...I need a hug.
Adam...Coffee and cake are in order..pronto. Now I’ll really frame that photo.
Justin....Stay lovely. I’ll always remember every single conversation we’ve had from back in the “stop frontin’ on me” days to times in between sets at Livid shows.
Rob....You’re absolutely crazy. Keep rockin’ hard. I feel bad for not getting to know you better.

Dez. <---- oh my..this is the ‘goodbye’ of the ‘dez’smilie...

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-8-3 at 07:42
im going to buy enough shirts to last a lifetime.

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2005-8-3 at 10:32
Great band. Although I wasn't a fan of the most recent material you released, your music really made an impression upon me, especially when I first discovered and got into the band.

Good luck with all future endevours boys!

RIP

Jeff.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-8-3 at 11:14
it's all quite gutting, really. sort of like being dumped by your girlfriend.

i would encourage mr. schembri not to stop writing songs, as he has a serious talent, but somehow i don't think he will.

the livid were one of the most talented bands i've ever heard (that's a lot of bands) and, when i first heard their stuff, i couldn't actually believe that they didn't have a huge recording deal and were incredibly rich.

good luck and best wishes go out to all of the band.

ta bi

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-8-3 at 11:25
quotation:
Originally posted by markspe34
can you guys release all the unreleased tracks and stuff you were recording? live material? anything to ease the shittyness of this?

Remembering never @ www.myspace.com/thelivid

Pretty hard to hear the great guitar. This is the song with the much requested solo.

Btw, I do have the video for this song as well. Getting it synced up with the mp3 will be pretty cool.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-8-3 at 13:48
Dam this sucks major ass.

The worst part about this is that I was a huge fan and didnt even get to see them play live.Fuck.

Bart how long until you take down the boards and the whole site?

Also if anyone actually gave a rats ass about me add me on you MSN its on my profile if anyone wants to.

RIP The Livid.

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Chad of Spinstill
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: WTF DO YOU THINK!?

posted on 2005-8-3 at 15:35
Any body elses stomach a little woozy? I agree with Reivax....This takes a huge part of me as well and I'm sure everyone else on this board... But shit happens, Schembri don't you ever stop writing, and same to the rest of you boys, all of you had something unique about you. Justin's unparalelled vocals, Adam's ridiculously amazing beats, and Rob's bottom end hold all of it together. The Livid will never completely die tho it will always be in my CD player cause it hasn't left since I bought my first Livid CD.
Good luck guys....

www.myspace.com/spinstill
www.spinstill.com
c~

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 17:32
I think I'm gonna be sick. This has been the worst week of my life. And that's not just the hangover talking. I never ever thought that this band would throw in the towel. Guess I put my faith in all the wrong places. But whatever, I'm sure whatever reasons they had for quitting were good ones. I know these guys wouldn't just give up over nothing. Best of luck to them. But stiiiilllll

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-8-3 at 17:52
i just want to say...

Freshman year of high school, 6 years ago...i first heard the livid. They instantly became my entire life. I loved the band so much i showed all my friends and family their music, made my own t-shirts and eventually got at least 40 people to love this band like i did and pulled for them to get a record deal because we all knew how amazing they were. In high school people would associate me with the livid because i was so passionate about their music. My mom was a huge fan and even said they were all incredibly talented and should get a record deal (and she hates rock music, but somehow she loved the livid). Even when the first band broke up and Justin came in to sing, at first it hurt me because jeremy in my eyes had the most incredible voice out of anyone i've ever heard. However after seeing Justin play live i really understood how incredible he was... and he and all the other members of the band were so down to earth and nice. i even told the guys in person that they were practically my hero's and i looked up to them so much....i still do. I understand how hard it is to keep a band together and stay on the same page, i just hope all of you don't shy away from music now, because you are all so talented. All i ask is keep us, your loyal fans who would stick with you through everything, in touch with what your doing and to either link us to songs or tell us how things are going in life in general....because it would mean more to us than i'm sure you guys even realize. You're band is so much more than just a cool rock band to us, you're a huge part of our lives and we're so passionate about you're music and we all wish you the very very best, no matter what you do in life. Thank you for everything guys, you've made my life significantly better throughout the past 6 years and i know i'll still be listening to this band for the rest of my life.

-mark

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-8-3 at 17:59
can i still buy the cds? im gonna buy them both and frame them

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

ConsolationDay

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2005-8-3 at 20:47
I haven't posted here in forever, but I've still been around reading the board and everything. It's horrible to see this band go. I feel like a tonne of bricks has just hit me. This band to me (as well as many other people) have meant more than just a band. Their music has done so many things, they've changed the way I listen to music completely. They showed me that you don't have to be on some major label to get music out there. They were the first independant band that I became a fan of, and led to me finding out about so many more bands that I probably wouldn't have found out about before. Thank you, all the past and present band members, for all the great music you have given us and all the great shows. Your CD's never have and never will leave my player. This band truly was something special. Good luck with everything in your future.

Oh and I'm sure this has been said before but GIVE US ONE LAST SHOW!!!!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of ConsolationDay This user has MSN messenger
Dag Phillips

Currently listening to: Skid Row!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 21:47
Fuck. In a way this isn't a big suprise for me but its still a HUGE shock. I don't really know what to say. The Livid were one of the few bands that I'd actually go and see live, cause I thought they a cut above. Even through my spells of extreme criticism the Livid always had my respect as the best band in T.O. And I've got to make it known, that seeing The Livid on stage made me want to get back on stage again.. which I have.

I'd like to give a heartfelt thank you to Chris, Adam, Justin, and Rob for some fun times and lots of memories. I hope you all find happiness in whatever you do.

And to all my friends that I've made off this board, Thanks.. Its been a good ride.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-8-3 at 23:50
holy fuck.

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-8-4 at 00:29
Everyone BETTER go vote on that poll.

Do it now, and get every single Livid fan out there to vote as well.

you won't let me down...

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-8-4 at 00:51
I voted, now someone better bring along a killer MiniDV cam or something and record the whole 45 minutes.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top