go to bottom

Author: Subject: "The Ambition Within" Review
minddazed

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-11-27 at 03:36
"The Ambition Within" Review

People here probably don't remember me since I don't post that often, but I'm the Hawaii chick who works at a webzine.

My site, Silent Sky Media, has reviewed the new album here if you're interested in reading it.

Cheers!

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-11-27 at 03:56
Awesome. I enjoyed the read. And I can't speak for everyone, but I definitely remember you.

Something I have noticed about the livid recently, is that every fan I have talked to have completely different opinions of which songs they thing are amazing, and which songs they find to be on the weaker side. For instance, you have written that you find "I could fall" and "Shaded" to be more powerful tracks, and "In Circles" and "The Tide" to be less appealing. Myself, I enjoy "In Circles" immensly, and find "Release" to be the weakest track on the album. On the other hand, I talked to someone a couple days ago who said "Release" is probably their favourite livid song ever. I guess what I'm trying to say is that most bands write their hits, songs that are going to appeal to everyone, then write a bunch more songs that aren't really quite as appealing and memorable. The Livid have written an album with absolutely no filler whatsoever. Any song could be released as a single, imo. I listen to alot of music, and I don't think I can say that about any other album I have heard.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2004-11-27 at 05:09
i'd have to agree with reivax... everybody has an opinion...

my two favs are: in circles and Part of you. (reckless is a close third)

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-11-27 at 10:19
great reveiw minddazed.

i too remember you. i think i kept calling you "man" when you first joined the site...

but i am going to have to go with the Chris's on this. for me, i love Shaded and I Could Fall, but The Tide and In Circles are far superior. and i find Release the weakest track on the album.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Dagger Phillips
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Motley Crue- If I Die Tomorrow

posted on 2004-11-27 at 17:23
Release is my favorite Livid song, but The version on the CD I'm not too crazy about. I like the acoustic version much better.

Just pointing out that it's possible to love a song and still thing its a weak recording. So the two don't necesarily go hand in hand.

www.bittercandi.com

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
minddazed

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-11-27 at 18:28
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
i too remember you. i think i kept calling you "man" when you first joined the site...

hahaha, I recall that also.

Wow, this is great! I didn't realize so many people loved "The Tide", maybe I should add a parenthetical comment (doesn't apply to most The Livid boardies). Either way, it is an eye opening experience. Reivax you make a very strong point.

[Edited on 11/27/2004 by minddazed]

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-11-27 at 18:58
Hey "man" awesome article. All jokes aside, you have an extremely vast vocab. That's good I suppose.

one last show.

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-12-2 at 18:56
How I wish I was in Hawaii right now sipping on something with Rum in it rather than in chilly Toronto studying for exams.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger

go to top