go to bottom

Author: Subject: Star Wars
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-5-20 at 06:16
Star Wars

Ok guys, break out the light sabers, clean up those vadar masks, and go find your jedi robes, cause it's time for the final enstallment of the greatest, and most influential movie experiences of all time...

i went last night to the midnight showing, and i had a blast. my friends and i got there at 6pm to try to get tickets. we ended up carrying around a sign saying "we need tickets" and after 3 hours and never-ending laughing and jeering from the true star wars geeks, some guy sold us 4 tickets for $100 not a bad deal, $25 a piece. a bit steep, but you guys should have seen the people trying to sell 1 ticket for $100. there was a rumor that someone bought a single ticket for $60... nuts eh? about being laughed at, it was ok, we decided, because for those people this was their 1 day of glory, where you finally had the upper hand. we can afford to give them 1 day, because any other day, the joke would be on them... my friend wanted to just walk by with his girlfriend and say "you see this? this is a girl. losers!" lol.

*I dont know if this is a SPOILER or not, cause you all know what happens. but i'll try not to delve too deeply into the details*

so the movie was epic. it was so much better than episodes 1 and 2, but still nowhere near as great as the original. the strange thing about it was that you knew how it was going to start, and you knew how it was going to end, so all you really cared about was how's it going to happen? in a way it was great, cause you see the darth vadar mask and then you hear the first breath and the whole audience errupts into imediate applause. the problem with it was that there's no room for suprises, it was unhelpably predictable, but if you like star wars, you should love it.

my only problems with the film were that the script was terrible, the love scenes where just as cheesy as the ones in Episode 2, and a lot of the cg was way too fake looking. the ships just didnt have that authentic feel of the originals. and one thing that was nice in episodes 1 and 2 that this one didnt have was a bit of a slow pace. there was no time to linger on a planet, and meet new and interesting characters, or just take in the stunning landscapes. it was constantly moving, and jam-packed with story and action.

but the scope of the movie was mind boggling. when you see the first scene and you see how many ships and lazers they fit on the screen, you will be amazed. every space is filled with something. i bet you could see this movie 50 times and notice something new every time.

but for me what i liked the most about it was just watching anakin's struggle between the light and the dark side. i have always been facinated with watching why good people do evil things, and this is a perfect example. his torment, and confusion was just so awesomely portrayed. and at the end you feel sorry for the guy.

the bottom line, it's a great film. *jedi hand movement* you will see it as soon as you can. and you will love it.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-5-20 at 06:46
i'll wait to see it this weekend before i read that. i knew you'd be there for the first seeing ian

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-5-20 at 18:59
i haven't seen it yet and i haven't read your post. i anticipate episode 3 to be better than episodes 1 and 2 (which were terrible), but worse than episodes 4, 5 and 6. the problem with the newer episodes is that lucas relies too much on special effects and neglects to devote any attention to actually writing a decent script.

ta bi

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-5-20 at 21:51
Why couldnt you have gone the next day and watched it at any time of the day for the regular price.....
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-5-21 at 01:57
it wouldn't have been nearly as fun.

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-5-21 at 03:00
it was awesome, i saw it. it kinda sucks that you know whos going to die and whos not if you know anything about the later sequals (episodes 4 5 and 6 with Mark Hammond i think his name is) but it was badass

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-5-21 at 04:35
Haha, I saw it after school in the theatres even though I already have the movie on dvd. I just felt like I needed to see it in theatres as well to get the full effect. MAN do I love Star Wars! I do agree that the love scenes were rather cheesey and the script for those scenes in particular was pretty poor, but I tried to ignore that.
******SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*********
The only thing that REALLY got me, and I actually burst out laughing because the acting was just utter shit, was when Anakin had fully become Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious tells him that he has killed Padme and he slowly walks forward and yells "Nooooooooooooooo!". HAHAHA. So awful. Anyway...
And oh man! R2D2 is setting things on FIRE now! Man, I remember back in elementary school when my friends and I used to play Star Wars, and I always got stuck playing R2D2. I'd just roll around on a skateboard on my knees and make droid noises. Just a combination of beeps, clicks and whistles, really. I never got to set anyone on fire, though!

I went to the park today with my friends, Pat and Sean, and we played Star Wars. It was intense. I, being the most awesome jedi master ever, beat both of them. Some gangsta kids walked by and saw us, and they were trying to be all cool so I was forced to use my jedi mind tricks on them. Yeah, I got pictures, I'll post them tomorrow.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-5-21 at 06:15
haha, nice paige. yeah that particular incident was super fake. i am glad that James Earl Jones came back to do the voice for vader. it just wouldnt have been the same without him. and man, R2D2 kicks ass in this movie. i would say it's just like how yoda kicked ass in episode 2.

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-5-21 at 13:18
That must have been an epic battle between you and the kids
Livid

posted on 2005-5-21 at 16:51
i think it was hilarious when R2 shocked that droid thing that tried to grab him, so the droid thing kicked him over. hahaha

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-5-21 at 17:01
Yeah that was pretty funny hahaha.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-5-21 at 21:11
Star Wars in the park pictures posted in the picture thread, as promised.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-5-22 at 01:00
Geez... way to ruin the secret at the end of episode 6, oh well.

^ In retaliation of the film itself, not anything you guys posted.

[Edited on 22-5-05 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-5-22 at 07:41
actually, sin, it's revealed in episode 5. trust me, i just watched it tonight.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-5-22 at 12:25
It is? Oh... well that's ok then.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Livid

posted on 2005-5-22 at 20:55
i cried when vader died. nah im kidding haha, but if i did i wouldnt tell anyone

[Edited on 02-23-05 by Livid]

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-7-4 at 04:49
the scenes with anakin and samuel L Jackson were hard to watch. but over it was a good rap up. the love scenes near the beginning were also very akward tho. you could tell from the first 10 minutes of the movie that he was trying pretty hard to make some people laugh which was kind of not fitting with the rest of the movie. I think anakins epic battle with himself was very well done.

i went with my dad and we got there a half an hour early so he told me about the times he went to the theater for the original 3 movies we had a bonding moment.

and just to point out how much my town sucks we had to wait 2 months for this movie to get here

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-7-4 at 09:42
quotation:
Originally posted by Livid
i cried when vader died. nah im kidding haha, but if i did i wouldnt tell anyone

you're blatantly not kidding, you big girl's blouse.

ta bi

go to top