go to bottom

Author: Subject: June 3rd @ 279
Dag Phillips

Currently listening to: Skid Row!

posted on 2005-6-2 at 00:05
June 3rd @ 279

I'm looking forward to seeing the band perform again. Can't wait to hear the new songs. Should be awesome. The Livid always sound super awesome at 279.

Does anyone know what time The Livid are going to be on?

I've got better things to do tonight than die!

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-6-2 at 05:10
as a matter of fact, yes. chris sent out a mailing list message. show starts at 8 and they're on at 11pm. $5 cover, it says.
wish i could be there, enjoy.

Dag Phillips

posted on 2005-6-2 at 11:53
Thanks
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-6-4 at 16:45
Don't think you were there, were you, Dag?

Only board members I recall seeing are Marce and Shiftyroach. And speaking of Ish, dude has lost like 50 pounds. Pretty impressive.

After work, I was at the point where I was thinking I'd be going to the show by myself, but ironically, I was able to gather up the most people that have ever come to the livid show with me right at the last minute. I ended up getting 6 people to come, most who have never seen the band before. And of course my friend Ryan who's always at the shows with me, was there. I'm glad I got others to come experience that great club.

I know I said I'd try and record it with a minidisc recorder, or something, but I had some other things more important that I had to pay for, so I just brought my camera and video recorded the new stuff. It sounds like shit, but it still enough to remember how the song went.

So, the show didn't go as smooth as most of the shows tend to. I noticed right away that the setlist had 10 songs. I was stoked about that. It's pretty rare to get that many. Basically all new except 2 from Ambition within and Watch it die.

They started out with one of the newish ones that name slips me right now, then into test run. Near the middle of test run, he broke a string, then he had to switch guitars for the last bit. Unfortunately, the broken string threw 2 songs off the setlist "remembering never" and "in circles". That sucks, but I think because of all the confusion, they spent a good amount of time standing there trying to reorder the setlist.

I think after that they played a new song. It was quite typical of a livid song, and I dug it alot. I remember liking it alot.

The second new song they played was definitely the song by the livid that was the greatest departure from the livid sound most people have gotten used to. I'm actually listening to it right now and it's still pretty damn cool. Lots of screaming by Chris. I think it took a toll on him after the show, because I asked his something and he could barely talk.

That's all for now. Until next time.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-6-4 at 16:50
I wish I went now.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Dag Phillips

posted on 2005-6-4 at 21:31
Yup I was there. I was sitting beside the merch table. Talked to Justin a bit. What an awesome guy.

As for the show... Let's start witht he negative. Just joking!! I can honestly say that this was the best I've EVER seen the band perform. Everything was tight as hell, and Justin sounded like a god up there. His stage presence has gotten even better since the last time I saw them.

There were alot of new songs that I've never heard. The one thar Reivax mentioned was definetly the standout of the bunch. It was a bit a of a different sound, and gave a nice change of pace in the set. Great song too. Also Under This impressed the hell out of me. It sounded so much better than the live My Space version I've heard. When the opening chord from Watch It Die played I kinda freaked. I didnt expect them to play it. Was the song of the night for me.

Dag's Rating (like anyone cares) ***** (out of 5)

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-6-4 at 22:46
Not sure why it would surprise you that they played Watch it die. I've probably seen the band 12 times (maybe more) in the last year and a half and that's the only song I've heard at every single show I've ever been at.

I'm not complaining, 'cause it's great, but it doesn't surprise me to see it on the setlist.

A couple other things to mention. They sort of changed a little of "under this". In terms of vocals. During the part where Chris sings backup, Justin sings a higher note half way through. He also sung "holding a grudge all along" a bit different...as with some random other parts. It also sounded like Chris changed the lyrics when he first sung his backup line.

I'm only pointing these things out, because I know a couple people here may be interested. I know it's pretty useless.

One of the people that came with me was very impressed at Justin's stage presence and mentioned it a few times after the show. Dude goes crazy even if there's only one person watching.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-6-5 at 00:07
Schembri is a screamer!!111111!!11111!1! loloxlozlzozlzlozozzllzolzlolzollololozz!111!!!!!!11

*runs into a wall*

In any case, I envy you guys for getting to hear all these new songs, but 7 new songs means they're close to the 12 average for a cd. Keep up the great work, you guys are pumping out these songs now.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
x_afraid2ask_x

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-5 at 17:00
I was definitely impressed with the set on Friday. The new songs sounded great, and Chris screaming was amazing. <3

Manda <3

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-6 at 02:29
i wanna hear chris scream!!!

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-6-8 at 04:10
Have I heard him scream??? ugh.. its been so long since I've heard the livid.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2005-6-10 at 17:22
i need to see a livid show, lol i dont think i have seen one since march.. gah, on the bright side i am almost 19 so no more waiting for all ages shows...

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

go to top