go to bottom

Author: Subject: Fukai & Schembri
XaVieRGizmo

Currently listening to: Halifax, Hawthrone Heights, Dead Poetic

posted on 2005-6-22 at 12:44
Fukai & Schembri

For those who dont know who fukai is, he's the guitarist for TRUSTcompany*.

I've been listening to TrustCo since their 1st album ( The Lonely Position of Neutral ). My cousin Jer, XLivid vocalist, introduced me to them.

I have found that Schembri and Fukai have similarities in their styles, both of their Riffs are GODLIKE , although Schembri has a unique way of playing...I never knew has complex his riffs are till i read the tabs (eg. The day i understood, Watch it die, egzit etc etc,)

These two would make a great band together, and yeah, The livid is the The livid, and TrustCO. is TrustCO. but i would sure love to see them both live, playing together. Like G3's (Satriani, Eric Johnson, and Vai).

Oh well, to make it short, im sure im not the only one listening to TRUST.CO* These are the 2 bands that made me pick up the guitar, and started playing hardcore again...

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-6-22 at 13:31
I haven't heard them before, I'm going to check them out tomorrow, can you give me a website so my lazy butt doesn't have to look for it?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2005-6-22 at 13:35
If you want GODLIKE guitars, check out Mors Principium Est.

http://www.morsprincipiumest.com

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-22 at 15:04
I will do that too, but again, tomorrow. No good listening to it now, I'd have to have it really quiet.Actually, it is tomorrow, but I still won't listen yet because it's not "day tomorrow" it's "night yesterday". Well not really yesterday, since it's today, but today is the tomorrow that I want to listen to the music, but I can't because it's still yesterday in terms of sleeping and if it's yesterday then I can't listen because I'll wake people so I'll have to wait until it is tomorrow which is really today but not now today. now today is still yesterday, wait no, it's tomorrow, but it's still today, later today when I wake up it will be real tomorrow today as opposed to tomorrow still being today but not actually now, because now it's really tomorrow, it's only tomorrow after you sleep, which I haven't done yet, so I guess by that reasoning my argument that I'm going to listen to them tomorrow still stands since I've just decided that now is actually yesterday, even though it is today, and I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow which will be later today.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-22 at 15:14
I forgot a word in there:

"... because now it's not really tomorrow..."

There you go, substitute that where it fits, now the sentence will make sense...

o.O

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-6-22 at 21:59
If you leave a link to hear the music, I'll definitely check it out.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-6-23 at 04:46
after reading that sin, i think you are saying that it's yesterday right now, cause you havent gone to sleep yet, and it will be tomorrow when you wake up. but that makes no sense, cause where does today fit in to that?

Some things take more than a lifetime.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-6-23 at 05:04
damn chris, i just listened to Mors Principium Est. that guy is nuts. the walk up in the intro of inhumanity, and the solo in altered state of conciousness are particularly incredable.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-23 at 05:30
wow i had the trust company - downfall cd and used to listen to it all the time but i've forgotten about them until now. cant wait to hear whats new since then

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

XaVieRGizmo

posted on 2005-6-23 at 06:27
Srry, i forgot to post a link lol. Their main website is http://www.trustcompanyband.com . On that Website, there's no songs from their old album, although, their new hit "stronger" is on there. THe singer also has a very unique voice.

But hey, i found on of their best songs from the old album on purevolume. Check it out here
http://www.purevolume.com/trustcompany

If you wanna check them out, try searching for these songs.
- Hover
- Someone like you
- Falling apart.

Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2005-6-23 at 12:26
Glad someone checked out Mors Principium Est.

But alas, i'm not Chris.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-23 at 12:40
You'll be Chris and you'll like it! I can check out both bands now, so I will and let you guys know what I think.
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-23 at 12:58
TRUSTcompany: I like it, the whole band feels very The Livid, similar styles. Only qualm would be that the songs sound like they're not very professional, in production terms that is, it has nothing to do with the band themselves though.

Mors Peincipium Est: HOLY HELL!!! These guys are amazing, only thing, in my opinion, that lets this band down is the vocals. I've never really been into the screaming thing, I can stand it a bit, so long as there's some melodic vocals in the mix too, but just plain out screaming, or even the whole gruff voice thing, I don't like, it sounds very monotone. The biggest problem with this is that all the bands with these style singers always consist of killer musicians (I like the drumming a lot, most bands like this I hear are just double kick 24/7 but he mixes it up a bit, I likey). I do really like Mors, I just wouldn't buy an album, simply due to the vocals. If they release/have released an instrumental album, let me know.

XaVieRGizmo

posted on 2005-6-23 at 13:02
i've just checked out Mors Principium Est, that's a little too heavy for me.

go to top