go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: livid cover band?
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-7-21 at 09:58
livid cover band?

hey, i was just thinking that it might be cool if we created an online livid cover band. it would be similar to that band the Reivax was just talking about, where we all live really far apart, but we each record bits and put them together. maybe just a track or 2 to start off. and we could change the songs as we see fit, like Bart did with that release lounge version. it's probably more than anyone has time for, but it might be cool. we definately have enough musicians on the board for it. discuss.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-7-21 at 13:31
Are we talking strictly instrumental, or will their be some chance for vocals too? If I find a way to record, I don't mind helping out with that. I think the only song I've arranged to fit my voice is Shaded...but yeah.

you won't let me down...

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-7-21 at 14:41
could work, best bet would be to decide on a song, post some sort of a structure and a tempo and work from there. of course, you'd have to consider how all of these bits are going to be put together - is each person going to record the whole song? what if there are 23 guitarists etc. i'll have a think about it. you lot should, too.

ta bi

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-21 at 18:49
well what i was thinking is we only have 1 drummer and 1 bassist (Chris and Sin) and a bunch of guitar players. so we would probably have the guitarists submit an idea for the key and tempo, and then record the drums first then bass, and then for guitar each person could do a section such as 1 would do verses, 1 would do choruses, 1 bridges, solos etc. but the main idea would be to make it our own. just try to make it enough of a variation that it's still the same song, but it's not exactly the same as the livid.

and then as far as vocals go maybe Dez could it, or whoever else wants too really. it might be cool to get a male/female dynamic going on.

i was thinking for starters probably the easiest song to do would be falling behind, because it's one of the simplest livid songs and it's one that everyone loves.

and for anyone interested in guitar for this, it may be a good idea for different people to write stuff, and then 1 person to record the whole thing so that we have a congruent sound throughout the song. depending on who would be singing, and thier capabilities, we could decide what key it should be in, and then we would have to start writing lead stuff.

that's just how i was thinking we would do it.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-7-21 at 21:54
I shotty the cow bell, motha fuckas!

"I got a feva and the only cure, is more cow bell."

one last show.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-22 at 06:21
"Guys, if Bruce Dickenson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!"

PIS, Im sure you can throw down a sick cowbell line. lets do it. it'll be fucking nuts.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-7-22 at 12:24
My amp is currently deciding to be ****ed, and I can't afford to get it fixed.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-7-22 at 15:56
i can't see many of us being able to get a great quality recording. especially drums. me, i have a £3ish voice mic which will probably break if i put it anywhere near my amp. however, it'll be a laugh. i shotgun the solo in falling behind if we're doing it though.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-7-22 at 16:16
i suppose i could submit drums via midi or something since i can plug my ekit straight into my computer.

ta bi

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-22 at 22:12
YO. My cowbell is Universal, so ya'll can just imagine that shit. I'll head to Paige's to lay down my recordings.

one last show.

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-7-23 at 04:19
awesome, id love to get in on this. ive just got an acoustic right now but im getting a schecter here soon

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-23 at 06:23
sweet. what kind?

I too am getting a schecter, im getting the 006 Elite Black cherry.

and you are probably going to have a way to record in order to take part. but maybe not. as i was saying, you could just write some variations in the lead riff or something, and someone else could record it.

oh, and as soon as i stop being lazy and figure out what cable i need to be able to plug my guitar straight into my computer, i should be able to record some quality stuff.

thelividfan

Currently listening to: Livid EP

posted on 2005-7-24 at 02:55
just a thought for this idea, why not have people record their versions of their favorite livid tunes rather then try and put a version together without physicaly being able to play together as a whole, rather it be acousticaly, karaoke style, or hell if you got some descent recording equipement lying around have some fun. It would give a chance to hear the diversity in different peoples playing. Or even make plans together with some poeple from the forum.

The idea of everyone recording or writting a part of song.. sounds a lil far fetched.. but maybe if people submited their own version of a tune that could work out a lil easier.

Just a thought. Peace.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-24 at 03:37
Where abouts can I pick up a decent quality cowbell?

one last show.

thelividfan

posted on 2005-7-24 at 04:48
I'd say any music shop should carry one, never shopped for one though lol. good luck on that.
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-7-24 at 07:16
that was the whole idea of the plan lividfan, was that people from far away could make a song together. obviously you didnt read much of the convos. but ya some other guys did it and it turned out pretty good so ian thought it would be cool to give it a try

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-24 at 07:38
yeah, what jorge said. we could do what you are thinking marce, but i thought it would be cool to try to include anyone who is interested, and to work together. that way we might end up with something that everyone can be proud of. and it gives the people who dont play guitar a chance to get in on it too.

i know it may be a little far fetched, and my not turn out very well, but there's a chance that it could be cool. but i know that recording drums is tough. so it may have to be acoustic unless chris can do it. and sin too. it's kind of riding on you guys, so let us know if you can/even want to.

btw, i ordered that cable today. it should be here in a week or so.

thelividfan

posted on 2005-7-24 at 16:06
I've got recording equipement lol i could record drums, but i have no drum kit, plus what could be cool for this idea is to get a few people together in someones basement, rent a bit of equipement split the costs, and have some fun, You don't need a pro tools setup, just like an digital 8 track, a few mics, it wouldn't cost much. I'd say we can use my studio. but i've got it all packed up now and its going into storage for a few years as I am moving out for a while.
Livid

posted on 2005-7-24 at 18:47
i wanna get a Schecter Tempest, Ian. or a C1 Plus.
but yeah im not the best guitar player, but i can learn stuff really fast. i can play Broke and Crossed, Clear Me, and most of Egzit, but those are my favorite songs, which is why i learned only those songs so far. i'll play whatever you need me to play!

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-25 at 04:30
nobody needs you to play. goodness knows we have more than enough guitar players here. but if you want to come up with your variation of an aspect of falling behind for example the lead riff, the chorus, solo, or background chords, we can try to incorporate it.

Livid

posted on 2005-7-25 at 16:27
if you dont need me, thats fine

Rob
of The Livid

Currently listening to: BREAKING BENJAMIN-FORGET IT

posted on 2005-7-26 at 07:19
Ha Ha Ha, give it guys, I want to hear that, that'd be cool
View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-27 at 02:54
yeah, it could suck, but it could be pretty cool. either way, im sure you guys from the band are going to have a lauugh.

so as soon as i get that cable i'll lay down the backup guitar and we can get this thing rolling.

Livid, if you want to be a part of it, you totally can. just figure out what you want to play.

oh, btw who wants to sing? I know Dez would be down, but if nobody else wants to, i could give it a shot. if anyone else would rather do it, say something as i'm not too happy with my singing. and let us know what key to do it in. if you arent sure, just say if you need it higher or lower than the original.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-7-27 at 03:30
I would sing, but I can't, so that'd be a rather poor choice. Actually, it's not that I can't sing everybody can sing (sans the mute) but it's more a lack of any real ability to hold a note, or even begin my incessent wavering all over the place in the key that the song is intended to be in.

As for bass, you might want to ask mi, although she doesn't seem to be around any more.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
thelividfan

posted on 2005-7-27 at 21:22
IF i wasn't caught up in packing my gear, and planning my move i'd do any lead guitar/bass/vocals and drums (to a certain extent) that would be needed.. but my schedual wont allow that.. sorry guys.
<<  1    2  >>

go to top