go to bottom

Author: Subject: Memories
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:40
Memories

Just let the band know how much their music meant to you and all the good things it has brought in your life.

I just want to truly express to the band and just try and get them to understand how much their music and memories mean to me.

I always felt like The Livid had no clue how special they really were. Not one time did I recommend you to a person (and there are fuckin' hundreds!) and people didn't have something positive to say about you. That's rare in itself, but I know alot of people that became huge fans right from their first listen. Not only did people have great things to say, but you amassed a huge amount of dedicated fans. People that would do anything to try and help you and would kick someones ass if they say you sucked. I've had to do it myself (they said you sucked in a joking way, but they knew what to expect from me. ).

Not only has your music brought endless euphoria to my ears, but your music has brought me many friends. Many people I would say are close to me. And our love for your music has only brought us closer to one another. That will never happen again, I'm sure of that. There was something special here that I can't really explain.

The thing I think I may miss the most is going to your shows. You always treated me great and always seemed happy I was able to make it out. Even though I know you may not understand it, that made me feel pretty good. I never wanted the shows to end and I always would imagine the day that I could see you guys in a big stadium and I could actually hear more than 8 damn songs in one night. Everything about the band onstage was flawless, and I'll leave it at that. Hopefully the actual realization that it wont happen again wont hit me too hard.

Funny thing about your shows is that the last one (and more than likely The Livid's very last), I was able to bring friends who had never seen you or even really heard you, and my good friends girlfriend said to me "I've never once seen you this happy in my life". She's probably right, because everything was all good when I could spend a Friday night at 279 with beer, friends and my favorite band.

I hope you don't think I'm too nuts for being like this, but I can't help it and I know there are alot more people like me out there that feel the same.

I haven't listened to your music yet since I heard the news and I'm sure it's going to be hard. All I can say now is thank you to Chris, Adam, Justin, Rob, Jeremy, Chris, Shane, Christian and whomever else contributed to this bands greatness. I'll miss it more than you know.

Chris Luyk a.k.a. Reivax

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:56
Well said darling. -hug-
You're right about the power of this community. It's gonna be hard letting go.

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.
In the meantime, go see what I said on the 'there comes a time' thread.

you won't let me down...

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-8-3 at 03:57
Memories, huh... okie dokie.

You were always a band who were a little different. I was drawn to the fact that there was a decidedly unique style to your music and how you were never afraid to take a stab at something to see if it helped you to grow (I speak of course of such delights as Emanon, which has quite a different sound to it than a lot of other rock I listen to, also when you experimented with screaming in The Day I Understood and brought your knowledge from that to newer tracks) which I find highly commendable. You experimented, something a lot of local bands I know personally are too scared to do.

The lyrical styles also drew me to the band, both in the writing and in the delivery. You were never afraid to delve into the negative aspects of life, but you didn't dwell there and make it feel angsty, you don't glorify the situations you write about, you simply put it out there for people to hear, and anyone feeling close to that particular song can take a lot from it, but those who aren't as close, don't feel like it's too heavy handed.

Yeah, you guys did well, for the time you were together and releasing albums I had a good time listening and i can assure you, I will spend many more years enjoying the unique sounds of The Livid.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-8-3 at 04:06
I'm going to write a song for this band.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-8-3 at 07:40
awesome Chris.

Like Chris, the livid has meant more to me than any other band has, and probably will mean more to me than any other band ever will except my own.

I remember the first time I ever heard Falling Behind, it was a bit unlike anything i had ever heard before, however it was farmiliar in a way, because it was music that i could really relate to. The discovery of that song changed the way i listen to music. before that i had never broken a song down and actually listened to the drums/bass/guitar/vocals seperately. it was just music. but now i have come to appreciate different aspects of a song, and how a song is put together and i owe that to you guys.

Now as i look at my livid playlist containing 45 songs, im realizing that The Livid is the only band that i can say I thuroughly enjoy every single song you've written. i cant say that about any other band, not even the classics like Floyd and Zeppelin, or my favorite band Incubus. Only The Livid. Seriously you guys are the most sensational song writers i can imagine. And not only are they great songs, but you have managed to touch so many people with them. like Chris said there isn't one person who i've introduced to the livid that hasnt instantly connected to your music. so thanks for creating this amazing music that has touched and inspired so many fans.

Another thing that this band has done for me, is that it has introduced me to independant bands. The Livid was the first band that i ever got into that wasn't signed to a major lable or played on the radio. since then i have discovered tons of indie bands that i really love.

thank you for bringing such a special group of people together here on this forum. this was truly a unique experience to meet a bunch of people on the internet who mostly live 3000 miles away, and to have such a tight connection to so many people. it's amazing how many friends i've made here over the past few years who were brought together by the music.

I have been inspired by the music that this band has made more than i can express. not only have i found solace in the lyrics while going through a tough time, but the music has really made me want to better myself as a musician, and to persue the creation of my own band (it's in the works). Chris your guitar playing is godly. i cant remember how many times i have said "god damn, I wish i could play like that" and then gone and practiced for days just to get a little closer to being able to play the intro to reckless or some other craziness that you've devised.

I guess i probably should have seen this coming. I mean you guys have never really had a solid lineup, but the dream of you guys making it big and coming to california so that i could go to a show with all my friends and getting to meet you guys was just too good to be true. i'm still holding on to it for some reason, even though i now know that that will never happen. i am just so pissed that i couldn't have found a way to get to a show.

anyway you all dun good. all the way from KotC to Ambition Within, you wrote some amazing songs, played some mind blowing shows (i've heard), and touched so many people.

thank you, Chris S, Chris B, Phil, Jeremy, Shane, Christian, Adam and Rob, the best luck in your future persuits, and rock the fuck on!

Some things take more than a lifetime.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-8-3 at 07:52
and just for the record im glad we'll never see The Livid on Behind The Music, bitching at eachother.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Chad of Spinstill
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: WTF DO YOU THINK!?

posted on 2005-8-3 at 15:21
I'll always remember when Chris sent me the unmastered versions of Release, Reckless, and I Could Fall, after listening to them it brought tears to my eyes cause not only did the songs just take me to a place where I felt like everything was right but I also just knew that these guys were something special... It's a damn shame that it ended without a label deal so everyone else in this world could have the chance to hear what we all hear.... I beg for one last show, cause I don't even care where it is I will be there!

Thanks for all the music guys...The Livid will always be my most influencial band!

www.myspace.com/spinstill
www.spinstill.com
c~

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 18:37
quotation:
" I beg for one last show, cause I don't even care where it is I will be there! "

I couldn't agree more, and I'm sure all of us feel the same way.

you won't let me down...

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-8-3 at 18:50
i remember seeing someone make a thread about them on the Hoobastank message board. so i checked them out and saw the I Could Fall video and fell in love. i checked out broke and crossed and fell in love with that too. then i told my brother in law about them (big music fan) and he bought their cds and i got the rest of the songs from him. i fell lin love with Clear Me and when i heard about the meaning of the song i was blown away and couldnt stop listening to it. i still cant stop! i was so excited to one day go to a The livid show all the way in canada.. but now it looks like i wont be doing that . this band meant so much to me.. and even though they are just a local band, it means way more to me than seeing a huge band go down. The Livid has been through a lot but i never thought i would see them end. we all love you guys!

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-8-3 at 20:06
Thank you guys for all the music.

You dont know how much it changed me and my sisters' bond,We used to hate each other then she intruduced me to this band and we began to enjoy listening to the songs together and discussing them.

You dont know how much you changed my life...

Thank you guys for changing my ways...I will never forget you for aslong I stand on gods green earth.

Dam I am tearing up and I never do that shows what you have done.

I will hopefully meet everyone of you so I can thank you in person.

I love you all

-Mez

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

ConsolationDay

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2005-8-3 at 21:09
I remember about 3 years ago on the finger eleven message board, someone comparing The Livid to f11 with the song Live to Imitate. So i went and found the song off of napster (just before it shut down). While I didn't see the comparrasin, I could instantly tell that this band was something special. After finding the site I ordered Fear of Fading...when I finally got the CD I ran to my stereo and popped it in. I've never instantly liked a CD or band as much as the first time I heard that disc. It was something else, everything about it was so unique and just nothing like I had ever heard before.

The other greatest memory I have of the Livid was The Ambition Within release party. It was one of my favourite of thier performances that I've seen. Something about most of the people from the rest of the night leaving and it being just the Livid fans made it so much more special, and they sounded tight that night too. Unfortunately this was and will be (so it seems) the last Livid show I will see.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of ConsolationDay This user has MSN messenger
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-8-3 at 23:36
This band was a big part of me. They took my life in a whole different direction, and when I think about it, had I not met Chris and had he not whored his band to me so much I would not be the same person I am today. I wouldn't have met a lot of the amazing people I know and love today (Dez and Diana to name a few). And hey, haha, I wouldn't even know how to play guitar if it weren't for Chris.

The first show I ever went to (besides Hanson when I was like 8...that does NOT count) was to see The Livid. I was nervous and felt out of place in my stupid butterfly shirt. I had no idea what was in store for me, no idea what to expect. Someone else had that same feeling that night. It was Justin's first time singing live with the band. When they started playing, I found myself mesmerized in their powerful music. That moment, that 45 minute set, turned my whole world upside down. After that set, nothing in my life was the same again.

One night I got a call from my nana, and she told me that my dad had passed away. I had never known so much pain in all my life. Three days afterwards, one of my best friends made an attempt at cheering me up. She took me to see The Livid play in Streetsville. I can't say that I was at all thrilled to be going to a show at a time like that. But as I watched them play with tear-filled eyes I couldn't help but have the feeling of comfort. Listening to the music, listening to such inspiring lyircs, and music so filled with emotion triggered a sense of security in me. I began to realize that everything was going to be okay, and that I had people there for me. It just broke me listening to them play clear me. In the same way that I support this band, the supported me so much that night, and continue to do so every time I listen to their cd. I felt like I had someone there to fall back on and they helped me get right back up again. This band saved me.

I sincerely thank this band for everything that they have done for me. It's hard to let them go, but I know each of them will move on to great things. We'll always have the memories, right?

Well...that's my eulogy.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-8-3 at 23:38
I can't believe I never heard Broke and Crossed live.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-8-5 at 15:10
I have so many memories with a bunch of the members. All except jer, shane, and Christian. All my memories I will always hold dear to my heart, I did before but now they are so special to me, its even just the little things with the band i hold dear.

Like the last time I saw them play i was chillin out talking to the Chris' on the stairs in masonic and Adam comes up behind me and slaps my leg, why he did it was no reason at all, but its something thats just so small but its a wikkid memory.

Even when Chris and Justin came to my guitar class was one of the most memorable things ever in my life. As I sat in my chair they just blew me away with the acoustic set they did.

I will always remember the first song I ever heard by them and it was sink and i was instanly hooked right in, they are the main reason I started going to all these local and not so local shows.

I thank them for opening my eyes up to all these amazing bands along the way of our journey through these years.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic

go to top