go to bottom

Author: Subject: Super Mario Brothers Live Action Movie
RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2006-2-5 at 07:40
Super Mario Brothers Live Action Movie

Has anyone ever seen this? I just happened across it today while I was supposed to be studying and ended up watching the whole thing.

I think it might have been one of the worst movies ever made, and it made me lose respect for the Nintendo game.

There's probably a tonne of really shitty movies based on video games, but I can't really think of any others right now...

www.sluggy.com

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2006-2-5 at 07:55
when I got up this afternoon my brother was watching it and I had to ask him what it was. I think from what I saw of it, horrible.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-2-5 at 17:25
I watched it in the theatre when it came out...twice. I think it was '93, or so. I loved it at the time. They probably could have made any movie whatsoever and titled it Super Mario, and I would have liked it.

I haven't seen it for a long time, but I know it's god awful. I swear the people that made the movie didn't even know what Super Mario was. But just take it for what it is. A piece of shit movie. I wouldn't lose respect for Nintendo or even the character. Who really knows how much say they had in the movie?

Ever seen Street Fighter the movie? Came out just a very short time after the Mario movie. Jean-Claude Van Damme, the horrible French action star, played the Patriot American Colonel Guile. French. Really no reason to say more.

While it doesn't really mean much, it even has a worse average score on IMDB than Mario does.

I think the worst movie I've ever seen is The Fantastic 4.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2006-2-5 at 21:07
Oh yeah... Street Fighter... I saw that one too a while back. I actually liked it better than the Mario Bros movie.

But there isn't much separating them...

Wasn't there a Mortal Kombat movie too? I never saw it myself...

www.sluggy.com

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-2-5 at 22:11
I adored the first mortal Kombat movie. I watched it so many times. It was the very first movie I ever watched when I finally got a TV and VCR in my room when I was a kid. I don't know why, but that memory is very clear to me.

I also saw it in the theatres a couple times. The first time I watched in the theatres, I was so excited that I actually talked out loud to my friend to whole time anytime something I thought cool happened. I didn't realize how obnoxious we were being until the people in front of us turned around and told us to shut up.

The soundtrack to the movie was also one of my favorites. My brother owned it and we listened to it all the time. There's still a couple songs on there that I wouldn't mind hearing again.

All the other Mortal Kombat movies sucked completely, though. The second one I almost walked out on.

It probably isn't nearly as good as I remember it, but I'm still going to bet it'd be my favorite of the 3 movies discussed if I had to watch them all right now.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

go to top