go to bottom

Author: Subject: trip to canada
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2006-8-1 at 22:39
trip to canada

i'm flying to calgary on the 3rd. i'm not sure for how long i'll be there -- we're catching a lift from there to saskatoon some time the same day. i'm then flying to toronto on the 7th or 8th and i'll be around in ontario until about the 24th. i hope to see as many of you guys as possible. pm me your number and maybe we can hang out! beers are on me. then you buy a round.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-8-23 at 00:28
I spent a day with Bart on Sunday and he stayed at my place for the night. It was definitely a great time. It would have been even better if I didn't have to get up on Monday for work. We definitely consumed an immense amount of alcohol that evening and it was a miserable day to be landscaping.

We spent, regretably, only a small amount of time playing guitar, then we played some classic mario kart and some tetris. That night we went to a bar and watched Adam, formerly of The Livid, play a show with a cover band he's in and hung out with the rest of the Livid, minus Justin. I hadn't seen any of those guys for over a year now, so it was pretty cool. I don't really remember much about the last hour before we left. I definitely hit my peak and I had to get up for work in 4 hours.

This is a pic Andrea took right before he left my place on Monday. It's really dark for some reason. I don't know how to fix that.

It was incredibly short, but Andrea and I had a great time hanging out with the guy. Bart, you have to send me those pictures you took at the bar. I'd love to get a copy.

[pic brightenified - chris]

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2006-8-23 at 21:58
So is this the picture just before you went to work?

ta bi

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2006-8-24 at 01:01
oh my, such good looking chaps!
i think it's awesome you got to see him considering how much you've e-conversed this whole time between board chitchat and tabbing tunes and loading photos and whatnot.

i got to be in the presence of mr.bartholomew for a few hours last thursday. saw the Will Farrel flick (pretty sweet actually) and rode on public transit, twice! ooh yeah. and as expected, i was a chatterbox and talked way more than i should have.
no photo of us though. there totally should have been one.
ooh! me mum thought he was cute. ha ha.

but great seeing ya again, bart. really.
come back! and bring that crazy brother of yours along too!

you won't let me down...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-8-24 at 04:05
chris looks like he works in a coal mine for some reason

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-8-25 at 05:23
i don't look real in that photo. i think reivax made a wax model of me. i don't really remember taking them, but i have photos of that night at the bar. nothing with adam and rob and schembri all at the same time unfortunately.

quotation:
Originally posted by Chris
So is this the picture just before you went to work?

nope. chris went to work and i was still sleeping when he came home. he swung half the day off, you see. andrea was in a pretty bad state in the morning too.

it was great to see you and andrea, chris. thanks for the beers and food and such.

you should all know that reivax is ridiculously good at tetris. our scores were fairly constant, in the region of 600 to chris, 50 to me. i'm told that his lady andrea is even better.

i'll post photos etc when i get home. just realised i forgot to take a photo today -- went to see saosin with justin, schembri and shane told.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-8-25 at 17:16
That picture does look really odd. I don't know why that is. It didn't look like that before. My tan just makes me look dirty...thus the coal miner thing. I did just get home from work, though.

And no problemo, Bart. I figure that if anyone flies across the ocean and pays me a visit they deserve to be treated as best we can.

It's a shame you didn't see my actual mad skills at tetris. What you saw was sloppy at best.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-9-10 at 23:06
here we go...

shane told, his girlfriend julia, bowes, me, schembri and schembri's girlfriend brittany

paige's friend brittni with a drawn on tattoo (and eve to her right)

paige's friend craig, who i thought looked a lot like my buddy tiny tom at the time (i can still see the resemblance but it's not "exactly the same" as i assured him) and me, outside paige's friend matt's place. brittni has drawn a cow and other things on my arm.

craig/tiny tom and me again, at cameron II's kegger

me and a very drunk chris at the toronto beerfest

the original ambition within art, hanging over schembri's massive plasma telly

reivax's awesome turtle, whose name i have forgotten

reivax's missus andrea, me, adam, reivax and schembri at the lazy flamingo (to see adam's band)

andrea, rob's missus, reivax, me and rob at the same place

adam's missus (i think!), adam, me and rob at the lazy flamingo the following sunday

that's pretty much all i got on my phone. waiting on some more photos from various people.

cheers to everyone who i spent time with -- it was fun.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-9-13 at 19:38
Awesome. Thanks for posting.

The turtles name is treader.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-9-21 at 01:45
just so you know, buddy, i've now got the new tetris and am getting better. my top score is five hundred and something, but it's slowly going up.

here's me with most of westpoint at point palace:

Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2006-9-24 at 18:25
hahah you guys were so burnt out from tetris that night in Hess Village, it was hilrarious!!! It was great to see you again brother!! Thanks for coming to Hamilton... Good times!!! And by the way, the girl beside me in that picture up there is not my girlfriend, it's my friend Elena... She's super cool... Anyhow... take care bro....
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-9-25 at 20:37
That's really awesome. I told Andi and she laughed for a while. She thought that was really amusing that you bought it. I believe my record is somewhere around 2300, so best of luck to you. Sounds like you're coming along quickly, though!

go to top