go to bottom

Author: Subject: Justin or Chris
ginerocker

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-5-12 at 20:17
Justin or Chris

Hey, im from a small town in Pennsylvania, USA. I got Fear of Fading last year and I think it's one of the best and most complete albums I've ever heard. It doesn't have a bad song on it. I was wondering if you would be playing anywhere in the US anytime soon. Also, I was wondering if Justin or Chris or both could give me some insight. I've been playing guitar for about 7 years and I like to write music. I think the way the lyrics fit into your songs is amazing and guitars riffs like the beginning of Egzit and the funky solo part in Watch it Die are brilliant. If you could give me some tips on how you come up with songs and maybe what you write first.... the lyrics, or the music, I would really appreciate it......thanks man.

Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2003-5-12 at 20:42
Hey there, welcome to the boards

The Livid are currently trying to establish themselves in Canada, so there is no current US tour plans in the works. However, if all goes well they could be playing near you soon

Chris regularly comes on the boards, so you may get an answer soon

Hyde.

[Edited on 12-5-03 by Hyde]

LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2003-5-13 at 18:14
Hey dude. I write the music first. Once I'm comfortable playing the parts, I start belting out random words in different singing patterns until I come up with something I like. As for the music part, learn your scales, and learn what chords go good together. Lots of chords sound good together, but the ones you choose will be very important in determining your style.

ginerocker

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-5-13 at 21:11
chris

Alright man, thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2003-5-15 at 21:48
big ups to those who write their own stuff. i'm all about a crappy multitrack program i got in download.com and the ovation standard balladeer

go to top