Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2004-8-12 at 01:10
Paige - we need ppl there to do our cool noises! lol

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-8-12 at 01:54
My god! The video just wouldn't be cool without our noises!

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-8-12 at 02:04
EXACTLY!

oh well, i kno other bands that will enjoy our noises.... DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2004-8-12 at 13:25
there is 5 bands all bringing out a huge crowd. and the livid is working extra hard to make sure the show is packed and they will be playing test run but twice. only there is 8 cameras catching all the action of the entire set.

no worries kids, the lights and all that stuff has all been accounted for. i promise that this video will rock the house... you guys deserve nothing less

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-8-12 at 19:40
its in good hands

www.westpointrock.com

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-8-17 at 23:43
Well, I got this in the e-mail today.

Hey kids just thought I’d let you know the skinny on our show.

The Skinny

When: Friday, Aug 20th
Where: Club 279-Toronto
Time: Doors @ 730pm FTF on at 8pm
Cost: FREE* or $5
Bands: The Livid and others
19+

The Livid are shooting a video that night for…well one of there
songs, which one exactly I don’t remember but you can check out
some of their stuff here: www.purevolume.com/thelivid

If you want to be in their video just hang out after our set and
look sexy.

*The show is FREE if you e-mail me before 12pm on Friday the
20th. If you can get your name and the names of anyone else
your bringing I can get y’all in for free. If not its $5.

SEND IN YOUR NAMES!!!

Also we’ll be busting out some more new material so come and
judge us, we need yer approval!!!

See yah Friday kids!
Keep it real

Kirby (FTF)

www.firsttimefallen.com

Pick up your copy of “The Spectacular View from the Ground to
the Sky”

Online:

www.cdbaby.com/cd/firsttimef
www.firsttimefallen.com

In Stores:

Looney Tunes – Burlington
Cheapies Records - Hamilton
Screamin Mimi’s – Hamilton

Or come check FTF out live and grab the CD at a low show price…
and hug one of us…please?

So definately check these guys out!!! I haven't caught any of their new stuff, but their old stuff is killer. The two bands are quite similar indeed. If anyone can grab their CD for me, I'll pay yah back I SWEAR!

one last show.

Mark

posted on 2004-8-20 at 15:06
Its the shoot today ! have fun everyone who is going and make sure you smile

It will make the livid look good.

www.westpointrock.com

DeeDee
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-8-20 at 18:26
they will have permanent drunk smiles!

BOOYA!

machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2004-8-21 at 06:05
so how'd the show go? the video? the turnout? the setlist? any news announced at the show?

dammit, if only it had been sept 20th, i would have been there!

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-8-21 at 06:47
"Don't you just hate pants"

You know, next to the first time I had ever seen this band, this was the best. There was something about tonight that was different from all the rest. It felt like one of those concerts that you pay alot of money to go see. There were alot of people, everyone was chearing and clapping and the band actually played more than 8 songs. What a fucking night.

They recorded the whole show with all of the camera guys shooting it, btw. First they played "Test Run" for the first time, then they went on and played "I could fall", "at the seams", "shaded", "In circles", "Watch it die", "Egzit", amazing new track with cool riffage that I can't remember the name, "Test run" again and thank god "The Tide". That's probably not the exact order, but it's close enough.

I thought for sure they had to cut "the tide" out because of time contraints, so I was so happy that they played it. I guess I thought that because they were supposed to play "test run" first and last.

Apparently the click track broke and they were having a little trouble getting the proper tempo. I found that only noticable a couple times. Hopefully that won't post any problems for syncing up the video.

Well, that's all I should say for now. Thanks again for the drinks and smokes Joel.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Mark

posted on 2004-8-21 at 11:44
any pictures from the show ?

www.westpointrock.com

shiftyroach

Currently listening to: Feist

posted on 2004-8-21 at 15:45
Because I decided to go and see Kevin Fox play C'est What before the show I missed most of Test Run. The turnout was absolutely incredible for a Club 279 show. Got harder to take pictures as there wasn't much room at all to move around in front.

The guys are louder, sounding heavier and certainly more commanding on stage now. All eyes on them the whole time. F'n right!

The entusiasm portrayed by the crowd there certainly doesn't seem to be reflected in this thread. Where the hell is everybody that saw the set? Why is that people only seem to post reviews of the all ages shows? Quite disappointing that no one even said a thing abuot the July 23rd show.

Sorry if I sound cranky right now... work sucks donkey balls.

can I find my faults // leave them and start // to find myself?

Mark

posted on 2004-8-21 at 16:32
The only posssible explanation is that most of the people in the crowd were actually fans of the other bands.

But sounds like they really enjoyed the livid experience.

www.westpointrock.com

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-8-21 at 17:30
I doubt that, Mark. Only because most of the other bands I saw had just a very small handful of people watching them. As soon as the livid were getting ready to play, the crowd started to pack in.

As many people as I saw there, I can only think of about 3 or 4 board members that I saw. Joel, Ish and I think Allison was there, but I don't know what she looks like...plus myself. It's just that most of their harcore fans from this message board are still not legal drinking age.

It's funny that Justin mentioned his "www" issues. I was just thinking that when he said it. I don't think I have ever seen them live where he doesn't say to check out "ww.thelivid.com".

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-8-21 at 19:06
the livid have a hell of a lot of fans who aren't part of the forums! glad it was packed, i'm looking forward to the video a lot.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-8-21 at 21:04
I missed out on free drinks from Joel?

That's awesome,Chris....thanks a lot for the review of the show.
I'm very happy to hear there was such a great turnout, can't wait to see the video, it's gonna own.

you won't let me down...

allison
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Breach of Trust

posted on 2004-8-21 at 22:59
Yup, I was there Chris! I was standing behind you for part of the set after being ousted from my original spot by some super tall drunk and disorderly guys. I took a few pictures but there were too many people (including the cameramen!) in my way to get any good shots. As Ish said, the band definitely commanded the crowd's attention. I friggen love the direction they're taking with the heavier sound. They were really tight and all of the new songs sound amazing. I was really happy with the enthusiasm the crowd showed and can't wait to see the video! Did any of you catch First Time Fallen's set? I thought they were only supposed to start at 9:00 and ended up missing all but two of the songs they played. I was heartbroken! I adore those guys.
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-8-21 at 23:45
You should have said 'hi' or something, Allison. I just don't know what you look like, or I would have said something.

I heard the last "first time fallen" song when I was walking in. It's a shame, I'd like to have seen them, too.

I completely agree about the new sound of the band. Justin was saying to me that they decided to take out the screams he was doing in "the tide" and decided to sing the words instead. I was a bit concerned at first, but once again the band was right on with their choice. The Chorus never sounded better. And they do keep the scream in at the very end, which I hear is going to blow our minds on the CD.

allison
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Breach of Trust

posted on 2004-8-22 at 15:04
Sorry Chris, I will definitely say hello next time I see you! Thanks to Ish for letting me know who you were after I asked about 'the guy in the Livid shirt'!
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-8-22 at 18:00
quotation:
Originally posted by allison
I was standing behind you for part of the set after being ousted from my original spot by some super tall drunk and disorderly guys.

dont release joel and his cousin out on the city. we ousted more than just spots that night.

yeah. i was there. good tunes. good times with the friends. it was nice to see the boys, although i didn't really get a chance to talk to them in great length.

double down,
-joel

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2004-8-23 at 12:39
hey guys...

just wanted to give a big shout out to all that the peeps that were at the show on friday. I really do appreciate the turn out. The crowd was pumped and as a result the band was really into it. The footage for the video should be kick ass and i am eager to get to the editing. You guys truly showed that the livid is a killer band.

thanks again
cb + the entire 64dollar Productions crew.

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

JustinTheLivid
The Livid's very own

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-8-23 at 18:30
What A Killer Crowd on Friday

Hey everyone,
I just want to say that the show on Friday was amazing. The crowd was great...full of energy and I was feeding off of it....thanks. The turnout for our video shoot was fantastic and I was told that 64dollar Productions got some great footage to use...I'm real excited about it. What I really was impressed by was that I recognized almost every single person in the first 3 to 4 packed rows in front of the stage. It was nice to see familiar faces singing the lyrics with me and letting us know once again that we have some of the most supportive fans out there. The band can't wait to have the new record all ready to go very soon for you to enjoy. It's about time we get the record in your hands, we owe you that after the long wait. We hope to play many shows in the near future to promote our record and we hope to see you all out there. We'll let you know immediately when we have finalized our plans for our CD Release Show. Rock on!!
Take it easy, Justin

Mark

posted on 2004-8-23 at 19:20
awww Justin we love you !

www.westpointrock.com

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-8-24 at 00:04
sorry about the whole 'showing my ass with reckless abandon' thing........

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-8-27 at 05:46
I haven't posted in a while, but after this show, it wouldn't be fair not to. (For those of you that didn't know me, I was the guy selling merch while the band was playing). I've been checking out The Livid's gigs for over a year now, hosting one of them myself, and I can say, by far, this was the absolute BEST show they've put on since I've been watching them. One thing I can definitely notice is the amazing amount of confidence Justin is showing these days. His stage presence has changed from somewhat "shy" to completely comfortable and it makes the whole band that much more awesome to watch. Chris, too, shows he is getting very much into the groove of singing, as his voice rings out clearer everytime he's there to harmonize. I thought that was something the boys would lose when Christian left, but wow, has Chris ever filled that gap. Rob's bass lines are so damned clean, and Adam is amazing as always. This show was intense. I've never seen that big a crowd in front of the boys and it was so very obvious that they were feeding off the energy. As Justin said to me, it's so much more fun playing in front of a huge crowd. If any of you guys can make it out to any more of the shows with all your friends then do it. The guys really deserve it, cause as you've all seen they put on an AMAZING set. Can't wait till the Video comes out of this show. I'm first in line for a copy. Cheers.

~Al

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top