go to bottom

Author: Subject: 24
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-8-31 at 21:49

Hey, I just want to know if anyone watches the show "24"? I recently bought the season 1 DVD because it was/is on a crazy cheap sale for only $28.99, even thought I knew nothing about the show and just wanted something new to watch. My girlfriend and I started to watch it and were instantly hooked. I've got to say, I don't watch many TV shows, but this has to be the best one I have ever seen. I never thought the idea would work, but it does. I love everything about it.

If you do post, please don't mention anything about season 2, because we've only watched the first 4 hours so far. And if you haven't seen the show, start watching it and buy the season 1 DVD. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-8-31 at 21:56
You know, I have to be honest, one of the main driving forces for me to want to watch this show is because I had the biggest crush on Elisha Cuthbert when I was young. Even when she looked like that (below), I was in love. I think I actually thought I might date her one day (I was probably only around 15, so I guess that's a good enough excuse). I always knew she'd be really hot when she was older, but I would never have thought she'd grow up to be famous.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2004-8-31 at 22:36
awwwww

ta bi

Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2004-8-31 at 23:04
I think I've only seen one episode of this show. It was pretty good but I just never watched it again. I heard that she quit the show.

If you have something to say, raise your hand...and put it over your mouth.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-8-31 at 23:12
Elisha Cuthbert is amazingly hot. I've always wanted to watch 24, buut never got to. and its like 45$ for the season here

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-8-31 at 23:17
That sucks about Elisha if you're right, Krista.

Go to Future Shop, Jorge. I guarantee you it will be only $28.99. It's been that way for quite a few weeks now, so I can't see why it would change. It's all a part of the crazy season one sale's that has been going on everywhere. I really can't stress enough how amazing this show is, so check it out if you can.

[Edited on 31-8-04 by Reivax]

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-8-31 at 23:18
i would, but the closest future shop is a three hour drive

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-9-1 at 00:00
I've seen the whole first season on TV, but didn't catch the second due to work, I think I missed the third as well, unless it hasn't come here yet.

I thought it was a good show. Nice concept if a little on the far fetched side (hey, it's TV, what ISN'T far fetched on TV, I'll tell you what some punk kid with punk kid friends living with a bunch of rich people and yet there's not a single curse word said save for "bastard" which is about as bad as a combover).

[Edited on 1-9-04 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
nott

Currently listening to: Alexisonfire, Rufio, Story of the Year

posted on 2004-9-1 at 00:16
I watched 24 a few months back when I was sick in bed. My dad had both seasons on DVD and I watched both seasons in 3 days. The dude is right, the show is amazing and totally addictive.

I've taken the habit of turning off my 'sense' when I watch television. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

"This shit is not about pants. And this shit is not about shirts. And this shit is definitely not about hair. This shit is about having a good fucking time." - AOF

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-9-1 at 00:35
If you're interested about the basic plot for season 2, Sin: basically, there is a nuclear bomb somewhere in Los Angeles that is terrorist controlled and the government found out that it is to be used on the city that day.

I remember watching "beat the geeks" a few months ago and the TV geek was asked the real names of all the cast members, he couldn't answer the question because he refused to learn the real names of all the actors because it would ruin the experience for him.

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-1 at 18:17
Good show but never got hooked. Missed one hour you were pretty much screwed. They also pretty much out did theirselves with the second season which made it hard to come up with a more thrilling plot for the third.

[Edited on 1-9-04 by nickelback_2202]

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2004-9-1 at 23:08
Can't believe I missed this!

24 is my favourite show (along with The Shield). Season 1 is good but doesn't really have any replay value. Season 2 is ok but in my opinion 3 is by far the best.

I've just forked out £69.99 (about $110 US) for a trading card featuring a patch of fabric from the Senator's tie from season 1 to complete the collection, woohoo!

Jack Bauer is the daddy.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-9-2 at 11:13
quotation:
Originally posted by Hyde

24 is my favourite show (along with The Shield). Season 1 is good but doesn't really have any replay value. Season 2 is ok but in my opinion 3 is by far the best.

Glad to hear that Season 3 is good. I was worried for a second. It should be out on DVD pretty soon.

I'm about halfway through the Second Season now. I just can't to find how everything is going to tie together.

go to top