go to bottom

Author: Subject: New CD- What do you expect?
Dagger Phillips
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Motley Crue- If I Die Tomorrow

posted on 2004-9-12 at 18:22
New CD- What do you expect?

Hey everyone, Won't be long and we'll have a brand spanking new Livid CD, something we've all been waiting on for a while. What are you expecting/hoping this disc will be like? Do you think It's going to be the best CD you will own, or do you think it's gonna be one of those one time listening experiences.

I'm expecting it to be a solid disc, It probably won't crack my Top 10 tho. I'm expecting it to be better than most of the crap thats on the radio these days for sure. I'd love the CD to be full of tunes like Sink, Shaded, Egzit, Watch It Die, and Release... but I don't think thats gonna happen... in a way I expect to be diappointed, but am hoping to be pleasantly suprised.

Well thats my thought(not like anyone cares) What say you guys?

www.bittercandi.com

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-9-12 at 18:31
well here's what Bart said incase you missed it:

"the new cd goes like this:
test run
i could fall
release
sink
shaded
at the seams
part of you
the tide
reckless
in circles

in that order."

i cant wait for it. i think that it will be one of the best disks that i own. probably top 10. my only problem is that i have the mp3s of 5 songs on it, and i have heard At The Seams, so there isn't really much new left, although i hear the other 4 are excelent. i kinda wish i haden't heard any of the songs on it so it would be a complete supprise. but all of the songs that i have heard are solid tunes, so it's ok. i wish they would put on one mellower song, like Falling behind or Reach, because those songs rock so much!

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-9-12 at 18:31
I hope this CD will turn heads.

I just dont think Murray, their producer does justice for the livid. I dont know how to decribe it, but some of the songs sound empty and not filled out... dunno

I'm soo hyped for hearing "test run" and "the tide".

I hope "test run" will be the breakthough song.

All we can do is wait and see, what ever way it turns out , I'm sure its gonna be an awesome ride.

www.westpointrock.com

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-9-12 at 19:10
release, reckless and i could fall have been remixed and remastered for this CD as the guys didn't really like the way the mixes we all have mp3s of turned out. they'll sound cleaner and shinier like shaded and sink. i can't wait for this CD.

Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-9-12 at 19:23
I think I've seen almost every song on this list performed. There is not a bad one there. If the Livid doesn't evolve from small "unsigned" band to major Rock/Alternative influence after this disc, then they definately need a new producer. There is nothing in their way now: Chris is a cornerstone for the boys. His solid chords, ripping solos, and ever improving singing voice pull so much together. Adam never misses a beat, and is the worry-free end of the mix. With his drums, the other guys don't even have to think about timing. Rob has eased seamlessly into his role as bassist and, although he could smile more, shows he's comfortable performing by occasionally pretending to enjoy himself :p His lines are clean, and well learned. From what I know and have seen of Justin, he has become not just more of a performer, but more of an artist. At the filming for Test Run, at least 10 people came up to me and said "Wow, that guy is powerful on stage". From someone who's seen Justin since his first performances with the band, I can tell you he has grown leaps and bounds into his role. Rarely do you see such a turn around, but Justin now has by far one of the strongest and most compelling stage presences I've ever encountered. His confidence has gone thru the roof, and from what he's been saying, I have the feeling he's not gonna be happy playing in front of 5 or 10 people (4 or 5 of which show up at every Livid gig) anymore...

It's about damned time this band starts going places.... and this record is gonna be the one that does it

Anyone know when the lyrics are going to be added to the page?

[Edited on 9-12-04 by Raine]

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-13 at 06:13
even tho there are only 4 songs i have yet to hear, i am still very excited. I just wish someone would tell me how i can order one, i'd just send money with a note to chris saying its for a new cd but i don't wanna do that until i know i can.

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-13 at 07:10
yeah, i noticed on Reckless, Release and I Could Fall, the symbols sound really terrible, sort of digital sounding.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-13 at 07:41
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
really terrible

i cant belive i just said that.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-9-13 at 11:16
I'm expecting this to be the best CD in my collection. I have very high hopes and expectations.

If all of the songs sound as good as they do live, I have no reason to believe I will be dissapointed. I have a feeling everyone will be getting a little more than they expected.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2004-9-13 at 12:45
the cymbals probably sounded terrible because all you've heard is a 128kps mp3 of the song. at only 128, mp3s have lots of higher freq. distortion.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-9-13 at 17:52
quotation:
Originally posted by Raine
Anyone know when the lyrics are going to be added to the page?

new website coming up, and i've already typed in all the lyrics for its lyrics page. they're in the inlay too. i'm hoping to have the website finished in about a week from now. you'll get most of the lyrics from king of the castle too. i still can't get through to jeremy to clarify a couple of lines of "in your face" and "emanon". i have all the rest, minus the tracks which are also on fear of fading which we can leave out.

quotation:
Originally posted by machine gun blues
the cymbals probably sounded terrible because all you've heard is a 128kps mp3 of the song. at only 128, mp3s have lots of higher freq. distortion.

spot on. but i think some of it is to do with the production too, which was supposed to have a more raw feel.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-9-13 at 19:29
My expectations are definately low. But I know it'll be a good record. This way, I can be even more surprised when I buy my two copies. I'll be like wow, this DEFINATELY surpassed my expectations....

You can say my expectations are about the size of a Schembri shoe.... Which basically contradicts everything that I just said....

one last show.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-9-13 at 20:16
PIS - you're an ass

but a good ass.

www.westpointrock.com

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-13 at 21:50
wait, are you hitting on him?

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-9-13 at 21:57
Haha. That was halarious man.

What, I'm allowed to have my own low expectation.

I'll compile a Schembri shoe of photos for you guys too!

one last show.

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2004-9-14 at 14:13
I have pretty high expectations for the new album..cuz we have been waiting for it for sooo long now so i think the antisipation has added to that...either way i know i will love it.....cant wait

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2004-9-15 at 05:47
okay so...

i don't want to comment on the album to come. You are all going to love it or hate it no matter what i say but what i would like to say is whether you have high expectations or low ones. weather you want more heavy songs or more softer ones. i don't think any of you know whats coming. i would put it like this: its everything you are hoping for and everthing you didn't think would happen. Secondly, in regards to the comment about murray the Producer? The songs that you didn't like the mix of have been remixed but were not released and saved for the album. also i think the livid is better off with murray. he is a fantastic producer and is one of the reasons that the band is were it is today. he stuck with them when things were at their worst and he made sure that the band kept surviving. He saw great things in the band and pushed them to become the band you guys know today. Murray quite frankly is the man.

There is lots new in livid land coming and its gonna be a good time to be a livid fan. i know i am excited and can't wait to see the new site and all the goodies that will be on there.

see all of you at the CD release party
cb

[Edited on 15-9-04 by Xlivid]

[Edited on 15-9-04 by Xlivid]

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2004-9-15 at 20:54
The Ambition Within

What can I say about the new songs. The writing style as many of you know has gotten a bit darker as well as heavier. Three of the songs are played with a guitar that's tuned down 3 whole steps. The only downside is that production on these 5 new songs absolutely SMOKE the production on the other 5. The other 5 still sound good cuz we had 3 of them re-mixed and all of them re-mastered. All in all I think the 5 new songs are our best yet. Enjoy them.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-15 at 23:09
3 whole steps? holy fuck man, that's insane!

Dagger Phillips
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Motley Crue- If I Die Tomorrow

posted on 2004-9-16 at 21:51
That's beyond insane.
View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Millard
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Thrice

posted on 2004-9-16 at 22:55
sick looking cover though, good job

"A Mirror that hasn't met my fist but i can'h help but feelin' i'm due for a miracle"

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-17 at 07:18
yeah the cover is really cool.

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-9-17 at 16:41
I will have to agree with the fact that Murrey is a killer producer. There's no doubt about that.

I also agree with the fact that the production on the new Livid tracks just kills. It's awesome

It is also the best performance I've ever heard The Livid put in on a recording.

Constructively, I've been maintaining that The Livid should be produced by someone else for a long time now. Murrey is incredible but I think it would have been a smart decision for the band to have seeked out a new producer for this record. Every Livid recording I've ever heard has the same feel/tones etc but virtue of the fact they've all come out of the same studio. I just feel that a new producer could breathe new and exciting life into the Livid's sound.

I have some more comments for you Chris but I'd rather share them in person or privately than on this forum.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
icouldfall

Currently listening to: Medicate- Breaking Benjamin

posted on 2004-11-15 at 14:40
the ambition within is by far, one of the best cds i own, and its the most frequent played list on my pc.. snaps for the livid.. you guys roxorz.... YEYE!!!! cant wait for my fear of fading cd... hoping to c it within the next two weeks! ne luck there?? hopefully...

"I can't beleive you could look at me, and find away to destroy my dream"

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-11-15 at 16:30
last i heard, the newly pressed copies of Fear of Fading were on schedule, but i haven't heard about it for a while. the artwork was actually lost so a big effort was made by the band and myself to reconstruct it using scans and my photoshop work. the lyrics page is all new, and various things are touched up from the original. so all you guys who already have a copy gotta buy this one too to have the full set!

go to top