go to bottom

Author: Subject: October Concert: feat. Elvyn, Autumneve, and Westpoint
Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-9-15 at 20:42
October Concert: feat. Elvyn, Autumneve, and Westpoint

So I've been thinking about doing another show sometime soon. I've promised too many damned bands that I would throw a gig and feature them, so it's about time to get on it again. For any of you that attended my last concert, you missed agreat band in Elvyn (who closed the set), so I've reinvited them, and they have a tonne of new songs. Autumneve (formerly "Cornerstone" is made up of a bunch of my buddies, so they'll have a spot. I've invited Westpoint to play, and they've also agreed. This will be their first show with their new singer, and thus a very special event for them. Many of you know Jeff, so I encourage you to try to make it out. I think I'll stick to 3 bands this time, but might get a short 4th set in for a buddy's band. We'll see what's said. Anyways, I was thinking the last week of Oct as it seems to work for everyone, so it would be a halloween-type thing. The only issue I have right now is getting it to be all-ages, as the only way I can get the venues for free is if the bar makes over a certain amount on drink sales. If anyone knows of a good venue in Toronto that I can get without muchos dineros, that'd be awesome. Anyways, post your thoughts, suggestions, offers to advertise, whatever :p Thanks!

~Al

Edit - Here's links to the band's pages:
Elvyn
Autumneve
Westpoint

[Edited on 9-15-04 by Raine]

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-9-15 at 20:48
Sounds cool. I'll be there for sure. I've been looking forward to a Westpoint show.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-9-15 at 20:50
Here are some pics from the last gig I threw, courtesy of shifty.

Pics of concert, April 29th @ The B-Side

Problem with the last show was the guy that was doing up posters for me dropped out at the last minute, so I had NO advertising. This year, I've got a new promo guy, so there will be posters plastered everywhere :p

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-9-15 at 23:19
If there is anyway I can help out with Promo, let me know.
This is regardless of whether it gets to be All-Ages or not.

I've wanted to check out Westpoint for a while too, that's awesome. Keep us updated for sure.

I know there's not only 19+ but All-Ages shows done at TheReverb, not sure how cheap or expensive that place is..though.

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-9-16 at 04:39
Ahhh! Dez, you little angel you! I've been trying to remember the name of that place for ages! LOL. When I contacted them last year, they were assholes about booking, but I'll try them again this year. As it stands, I've got a bit of a deal with Reillys (3rd floor) but I dunno how strict they are on carding. I might implement a card-at-the-bar system, if they'll go for it. I don't want all you younger guys to miss a chance to see these kickass bands.

go to top