go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
Author: Subject: New Music.
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-12-20 at 06:25
sounds pretty awesome chris. ive been writing a lot of stuff too, recently. none of it is quite developed enough to record/post, but soon, very soon i'll give you guys something to listen to.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-12-20 at 16:47
Thanks guys. I'd like to hear some more of your stuff, Ian.

Silent Narcotic, I listened to all of your stuff. It was yesterday, so it's not really fresh in my mind. I remember it being sorta trippy. Not really stuff I'd generally listen to, but you've definitely got some talent.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

5ilent Narcotic

Currently listening to: Death Cab For Cutie "Title & Registration"

posted on 2004-12-21 at 15:46
merci, you're far too kind about those demos.

I really have to get my new site domain up and running so I can put real samples of the tracks up rather than those shitty sounding demos.

Thanx

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-1-8 at 10:09
This is something else I started writing a couple days ago. I think it sounds pretty cool so far. The middle section with the 3 chords is just a foundation for the time being. I just threw down the basic chords I think sound good. I'll come up with something better tomorrow.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-1-9 at 04:09
I know no one's downloading them, but I think what I did tonight sounds pretty cool. So, I'm attaching it.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-1-10 at 03:19
i downloaded the first one but i got no action on winamp. probably due to my sound setup - i'm getting no sound. i could definitely get sound out of it if i put some effort into it but tonight is not the night. if i see this topic tomorrow night i'll definitely do it: if i see this post i'll have to, since it's a promise.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-1-10 at 11:49
Strange. No reason to download the first one, since it's just a less evolved version of the second one. They are only a few kb's, so at least it will only take 1 second to download.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-1-10 at 23:30
that sounds really cool Chris. i can just imagine it being played on piano/guitar.. awesome.

oh, btw how do you make midi files?

[Edited on 10-1-05 by armour_guitarist]

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-1-11 at 14:28
Thanks, Ian. The files are extracted right from the tab program I use to write it.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2005-1-11 at 22:41
How does a "super-group" begin? In most cases, alcohol is involved, as it most definitely was in this one. Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody, chief instigator of this new ensemble, says the world has Lou Barlow to thank for the emergence of The Reindeer Section, for it was at a Barlow gig in Glasgow attended by many of The Section's eventual contributors that Lightbody ran around drunkenly asking people if they would join his band The Reindeer Section. They all said yes, so after sobering up the next day, Lightbody got out the old acoustic guitar and wrote an album's worth of songs. After going to Belfast to get the new Bright Star label to sign off on the idea, Lightbody returned to Glasgow and assembled the band, which then spent ten alcohol-filled days recording the album Y'All Get Scared Now, Ya Hear!.

In case you were wondering what exactly is "super" about the group, here are its members: there's Lightbody, who sings and plays guitar, keyboards, and harmonica, his Snow Patrol bandmate Jonny Quinn (drums), Mogwai's John Cummings (guitar), all four members of Astrid, Eva's Jenny Reeve (occasional vocals and violin), Arab Strap's Aidan Moffat (lead vocals on one track), Belle and Sebastian's Richard Colburn (occasional percussion and pigeon noises) and Mick Cooke (trumpet and flugelhorn on one track), Mull Historical Society's Colin McInytre (harmony on one track) -- and a few others. You could even say that Lou Barlow makes an appearance, since the album's folky, lo-fi, downbeat flavor is to some extent indebted to his stylistic experiments, and since, of course, Reindeer Section was conceived at one of his shows. For all its contributors, Y'All Get Scared Now is a surprisingly cohesive collection of subtle, intelligent Scottish indie pop songs, even while clearly showcasing everyone's individual contributions. Let's hope the band gets together again sometime soon.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-12 at 00:31
you guys might be into the new !!! album as well.

[!!! is pronounced "chik chik chik" for those interested]

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-1-12 at 20:02
quotation:
Originally posted by mr. dobalina
[!!! is pronounced "chik chik chik" for those interested]

that sounds about right. i like it.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-12 at 21:37
http://mp301.epitonic.com/files/reg/songs/mp3/Chik_Chik_C hik-Hello_Is_This_Thing_On.mp3

ourownsay

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-1-30 at 19:19
Westpoint...

...is sooo awesome.
Saw them at the drake hotel.

They were trying to be all like suave and shit cause the drake hotel is money.

haha just joking.

JEFF KENNEY IS GOD HIMSELF. but in Jeff form.

NOW IN POG FORM!

j

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-1-31 at 13:15
This thread actually started as a Westpoint topic, and then it ended up being about 'new music' from different bands. Haha.

Nice whoring though.

you won't let me down...

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-1-31 at 18:33
speaking of westpoint and new music, haven't they been recording lately? wonder when we can expect a new disc.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-2-2 at 08:34
in the "New Music" Category of this thread, i suggest checking out My Chemical Romance. i just got their cd, and i love it. if you havent heard anything from them, listen to I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and then The Ghost Of You, and Thank You For the Venom.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-2-2 at 17:55
i saw them live last friday, supporting taking back sunday. i was in the queue for the cloakroom and buying beer for the first half of the set, but i saw the second half. they seem good.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-2-2 at 22:11
So Ian, are you trying to say that you recommended a band without even purchasing their CD beforehand? That's just pure rubbish.

one last show.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-2-3 at 01:23
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
i just got their cd, and i love it.

read, my friend, read.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-2-3 at 04:53
mudvayne have just released another track off their upcoming album "lost and found". it's much lighter and much better than "determined" and is called "happy?"
everyone should check it out - it's stopped my worries that the new album will be crap. then again, "determined" grew on me and i like it a lot now.
quotation:

Stream it now in Win Med: 56k 100 | Real | QuickTime

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-2-3 at 05:29
your right bart. can't wait for the cd. too bad they aren't coming to edmonton

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-7-9 at 19:00
Alright, there are some guys on another forum I'm a part of that decided to create an online band. I only just figured this out a couple days ago, actually. I randomly clicked on one of their sigs and I found it. These guys live really far away from eachother, in Australia, Texas and New Jersey. The guy in Australia is one of the greatest all around musicians I've ever heard. I really respect these guys. Give a listen to the song "inertia garden". It's scary good. They're just demo's and they don't have vocals yet, but the song is good enough on it's own.

www.purevolume.com/themotions

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-10 at 01:14
god damn, these guys are amazing. both those songs are so good.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-15 at 00:59
Everyone should check out Dredg. i just got their new album "Catch Without Arms" and it's amazing.

http://www.dredg.com/

go here: http://www.bandbuilder.com/catchwithoutarms/index.php?ref_code=D59405
and check out the new single Bug Eyes. also if you want to download some songs, check out "ode to the sun", "zebraskin" (Kind of a fun song), "Hungover on a Tuesday", and the title track "Catch Without Arms" which is one of the best written songs i've heard in a long time.

and the Stealth Soundtrack came out tuesday wich features 3 new Incubus songs. im sure you've all heard Make a Move wich i just an average song, but the other 2, Admiration, and Neither of Us Can See are worth buying the whole album for.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

go to top