go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: What's Next?
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-10-19 at 21:30
chris, don't forget to thank 'all the fans' when you get your first award. or maybe 'judas' would be more appropriate at this point.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-10-19 at 21:36
Firstly, I want to point out Chris' (moderator) suggestion to read the rules, and presumption that I took his post personally. I didn't, however, it should be noted that:

quotation:
Forum Rules By registering you accept that the Moderators and Administrator may delete or edit any post for any reason whatsoever.

That certainly covers mods being in a bad mood. Sorry to question your authority Chris.

quotation:
Originally posted by LividChris
You know, I think it's really funny that people come on here and tell us what we should be doing to get signed. The question I ask is, who do you think you're kidding?? Do you think you're giving us new ideas that we've never thought of?? Do you think that just MAYBE it IS possible that we know what we should be doing to get a deal???

I certainly do. But I also know this. Having a record deal wouldn't really make me much happier. What makes me happy is writing songs, recording them, and turning them way the fuck up in my car. Turns out that a lot of other people like them too. That's cool. Thanks for buying it.

The only way to get your band a deal is to make your band your full time job. Well guess what??? I have a full time job. I'm happy with my full time job. And I have a lot of friends who have record deals and tour and don't see their friends or family and make half as much money as I do. So why would I bust my ass to go and make less money than I'm making???? So I can be a "Rock Star"???

My dream isn't to be popular, my dream is to rock at what I do. And right now I rock at what I do. If recording a new record and a new video isn't enough to please people like Jay Dagger Phillips, they can stay home.

Newsflash guys. We're not sitting here on our asses asking you to get us a deal. We have someone shopping our stuff for that. Bottom line is, if the labels don't think it's awesome than it doesn't matter what you and I think. Even if we're right.

I think promoting is a great idea, and that's why we do the sampler thing now. But touring with no tour support is absolutely for the birds. It's really easy for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about to sit there and give advice. I know bands that have gone on non-label supported tours and you know what??? I'm just not really into spending $3000 over the span of 4 weeks just so we can play in front of 54 kids in 18 different cities.

On another note. The "expecting something new" is kinda pissing me off. Maybe we should just do what all your other favourite bands do to you guys.
Give you ABSOULUTELY NOTHING for 2 years and then release a record. We go out of our way to put new songs on the site as they're recorded, and when they come out on a record it's considered old. Well I guess there wont be any new songs on here for a while.

I'm gonna ask you guys all for one favour. Listen to the trax, turn them up, tell your friends, and enjoy your life.

Peace

Chris

Well that says it all there, doesn't it? the founder of the band doesn't want the band to be exceedingly popular, is happy with his full time job, and doesn't want to sacrifice his life to help the band be what I think so many of us wanted it to be.

Pass out the record, hope it works out, if it doesn't, what can you do, right? Don't need to write new music, complain if asked for it. If what's done isn't good enough for the fans, tough tarts for them.

I wonder if this sentiment is shared by Justin, Rob, and Adam? I wonder if they would tell one of their most dedicated fans to stay home because he wants more of the music he loves... music from The Livid...

But I wouldn't want to tell the guys how to run their band. As posted earlier, people like me can't think of anything that hasn't already been thought about by the band. A waste of my own time mentioning it I suppose.

I had the highest of hopes for these four guys... that they would make it big, and in a few years I could call them up for an interview when they've got a number one hit and they'd say "Sure thing! We'll be in, seeing as you've been a fan for so long". And I thought by making my little contributions I could help them get signed, which is something I thought they wanted desperately... but as it was put:

"Having a record deal wouldn't really make me much happier."

Guess I was misguided. To Chris Schembri - dude, you're a great guy. You've always been hospitable to me whenever I've talked to you either at your home or at a show, and I appreciate it. I hope whatever the Livid becomes is what you want it to be, and that your fans are more tolerant than people like me - also a part of the music industry - who want you to succeed with our whole hearts and are desperately disappointed when you don't share our vision for that oh so possible dream. Give your best to your father for me, who always makes a special effort to come shake my hand whenever he sees me at one of your gigs. I respect that, and his support for you, albeit ill fated if he shared my hopes for this band. I hope Justin, Rob, and Adam also share your sentiments... and you all have a focused idea of where the band is going to go.

Well I shalln't waste anyone's time posting more. If you guys care to do so, please keep tuning into my radio show, as well as Dag's. We genuinely do want to be entertaining to you and bring you something new every week, and appreciate all your support. Feel free to catch me on msn, shadowraine@hotmail.com

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

Rob
of The Livid

Currently listening to: BREAKING BENJAMIN-FORGET IT

posted on 2004-10-19 at 21:55
quotation:
Originally posted by PunkRawkPrincess
quotation:
Originally posted by SideO_JR
quotation:
Originally posted by PunkRawkPrincess

I also know that Rob has been workin on learning all of the new songs, but he is in another band too

Are you kidding me? He is in another band???? wtf so The Livid is just another project or what? I love the music these guys are making but I think we need to see some very strong comitment here very soon.

yah his band is called "general lee" and rob says they are the best cover band in Hamilton, lol

Woa Hold the phone! The Livid is not just another "project" it's the main "Project" ! as far as the Gen Lee goes thats my Job, I dont have a day job, I play at night, whenever I can, where ever I can when it dosent conflict with the Livid, and if it does, the Livid comes and will always come first, which means I loose money! But that is the chance I'm willing to take, in hopes that these sacrifices will pay off.
and as far as comitment goes you have no idea! Traveling from Hamilton to Mississagua 3 time a week to rehearse, gets taxing and expensive, not to mention the time at home I use to rehearse Livid material........So to end this post, I simply say that the Livid is my life!

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-10-19 at 21:57
Nice.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:08
ok to raine- man you are a cool guy, but i really think you are taking this wayyyyyy 2 far

i know this may be harsh, but if you really truly a fan of the livid, then you would go on supporting them and not leave the boards over something as a post
like really

i for one am happy for the guys and i will always support them 100%.
I know i may not have been a fan for that long, the first time i ever heard a livid tune was on feb 24th 2004 when adam came into the station..but i know these guys are amazing

adam is like an older bro to me, and man i love him....same with rob..
the guys are content doing what they are doing, bringing us good music and always putting on a killer show. and that is why we love them..

and yah who cares if chris doesnt wanna be a "rockstar"....if he is happy with the way the band is going, then we should be happy too....i mean after all, we are their fans..

personally i think this whole thing has been blown up wayy to big

if the guys are happy, then i think we should be happy for them, who knows if they will make it big..and who really cares?? as long as they keep making killer music and being them ..i will guarentee that i will be at every show i can, in the front row, singing along

go guys, you are awesome and i love you.

- jenny

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:15
...... how bout those Maple Leafs.......
erm... o ya, theyre not working hard either...
fuckers..
Heres my recipe for GARLIC MASHED POTATOS:

1. Boil potatos.

2. Mash them.

3. Add garlic

4. Look out for the YUMMY!

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:16
Mmmmm mashed potatoes...yummeh.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:17
Bottom line is- listen to their show, see what they really have to say. Everyone is entitled to say what ever they want, no?

This does not mean, I agree with what their saying. But maybe were looking at this situation from two different spectrums. I'm sure if you listen in, they can provide a clearer, more concise explanation for this stuff.

I think you could compare being in a band to playing any particular sport. In both cases, it's up to the player(s)/band members to decide if they would want to make it big. MILLIONS of people play music/sports just for the love of doing so. Saying that if everyone doesn't "aim for the stars", that you'll stop listening/watching them, is a rather obsceure idea.

If doing this makes them 100% happy, then by all means, they should have every right to continue what they love.

However, I'm definately listening in to the show tonight. You boys think you could play some First Time Fallen? I believe they have a site on Audio Street, as well.

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:26
ok sorry Rob i didn't realize that this was something you did for a living

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-10-19 at 22:43
I heart you Adam!!! You are the craziest guy i ever know!! And my song lol... and your song which i havent heard!!!

We always learn something new every day! Rob Thats awsome you keep music in your life even as a job!!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2004-10-19 at 23:13
quotation:
Originally posted by Adam
...... how bout those Maple Leafs.......
erm... o ya, theyre not working hard either...
fuckers..
Heres my recipe for GARLIC MASHED POTATOS:

1. Boil potatos.

2. Mash them.

3. Add garlic

4. Look out for the YUMMY!

You should start a "Cooking with Adam" thread.

If you have something to say, raise your hand...and put it over your mouth.

machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2004-10-19 at 23:33
thanks for posting chris. it's good to hear it from "the man himself." while it wasn't what i wanted to hear, i can respect it. ha, after all, this is your band, your music, and your show to rock.

and just so it's noted, i don't think raine peaced due to the posts alone. being a fan since the king of the castle days, i can honestly say the band's drive is quite different in nature than i thought it was. i imagine that this is due to the fact that i don't know the band members personally, so i wouldn't implictly know their take on things. but such is the price of being a long distance fan. i might be going to school in toronto now, but i was a fan for 2 years living in the states. and i sympathize for those (overseas) fans. cuz without new music or serious touring on the horizon, when will they get to see/hear the livid play? you can't blame them for wanting new material or wanting to see more of a band they love, cuz as of right now, they're seeing zero.

whatever. the livid rock. if it's meant to be, we'll be hearing from them soon. i just hope people can hold out.

[Edited on 19-10-04 by machine gun blues]

Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2004-10-19 at 23:34
YA! im down. i have a wikkid recipe for teriyaki steak. actually, its skembry's, but its awesome. i'll have to get the rights before i post it tho. hehe
PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

posted on 2004-10-19 at 23:40
ohh yummy

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
C101.5FM HAMILTON

Chad of Spinstill
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: WTF DO YOU THINK!?

posted on 2004-10-20 at 00:44
Out of all the posts on here I think Adam's makes the most sense! I mean really guys all this is going to do is piss people off and start mass brawling at livid shows! As much as we all want to see the livid with some high budget number music video, fact is that Chris knows that a lot of bands that catch a deal get paid if they are lucky a measely 30 grand a year and spend a lot of time in a smelly ass Astrovan! So I believe the topic of this thread was What's next... to me I don't care as long as the guys keep playing the way they do release a tune every now and again then that makes this one happy camper!
Hopefully all this feudin and fussin stops soon!
Peace
C~

P.S. (Psssst Chris... have you ever thought of an acoustic show? Cause I would crawl to Streetsvillle to see it)

www.myspace.com/spinstill
www.spinstill.com
c~

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Mandalina

Currently listening to: Coheed and The Ambition Within

posted on 2004-10-20 at 00:50
WHY ARE YOU HAVING A FUNERAL FOR THE LIVID?

Just curious as to how one or two fan's personal agendas gone bad have led to such a somber day on the livid forums? NOTHING HAS CHANGED...and "breaking up" with the forums...that's just weird. I've heard taking out your anger on your loved ones is the way to go...BUT taking out your anger on a band you love or used to love or whatver...Well I don't know what to say about that.

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:13
i'd like to add....

chris didn't say that he didn't wanna be a rockstar. he just said being a rockstar doesn't make you happy. the music does. the rockstar ness just means that people agree with what you do. and even tho chris didn't say that... i know he means that... he would love nothing more than to tour the world under the right circumstances.

chaps... the livid rocks hard because its about the music. they love the music and the write the music because thats what makes them happy. and if you don't play music because it makes you happy and rather because you wanna be a rockstar, then please stop cuz the world doesn't need those types of people as role models.

and yeah... breaking up with a forum... thats weird dude... get over yourself.

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:16
Hey, will The Livid be playing at the wake?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:21
So Adam calls Dag/Raine's show.... The first thing that they say is "Oh sorry dude." Who strapped balls on these guys? Pussies.

I'd like to see some more from this show, maybe a new topic or two. After all, we've heard this stuff before. What's next for your radio show? It's future is really un-clear, quoting the forums. It's really amateur. Do some promotions, knock down the doors of other stations. Promote the shit out of your band.

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. By all means, take your own opinions to your head. I'm just really disliking the show.

Edit: So Sin didn't quite understand this. So i'll grammar it up!

[Edited on 20-10-2004 by Pure_Ibanez_Sound]

one last show.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:24
Ok, I gunno about anyone else but your post doesn't make a lick of sense, at least not to me, maybe I'm just tired, or in a state of perplexation (yay for made up words).
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:29
...It was a "sound familar?" type of post.

one last show.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:33
..Maybe I cleared it up. I'm tired as well, and really want to get back to bike, it's in dire need of a new tire.

one last show.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-10-20 at 01:45
Okay guys....Adam called the show, and it was the most amusing thing ever...if you missed out on it, you suck!
That was the highlight of the show

"Oh who's this?"

"This is Adam..of The Livid"

Booooyah.

you won't let me down...

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

posted on 2004-10-20 at 02:22
i didnt hear it when adam called in...poo

and yah i listened to part of the show, and guys, you need some help on content, knowing what you are doing and professionalism....i was actually kinda lost and didnt know what was going on next during parts...if you need help i am here

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
C101.5FM HAMILTON

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-10-20 at 02:59
shame.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top