go to bottom

Author: Subject: Crazy Dreams
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-11-10 at 05:51
Crazy Dreams

ok, well I had the most bizarre livid related dream last night. I thought that you guys would enjoy hearing about it:

So I heard that The Livid were playing a show in my town at this venue I had never heard of before. It was called "The Amphitheatre." So I got there and it was literally just a random stage out in the middle of the woods with seats on a hill in behind it. The show was in the middle of the day (don’t ask why), and I was all stoked, and then I got there and there were only 4 people in the audience including myself, and I didn’t know the other 3 people, nor did I have the desire to talk to them. But I was like “well The Livid are gonna fucking rock anyway… plus they’re from Canada anyway, how would anyone here know of them?”
So the opening band got on stage and (here’s the weird part) 4 of the member were playing cardboard instruments. 3 of them were playing drums on cardboard boxes, but they were holding them like a marching band does. And then there was a guitarist who had a cardboard guitar that actually resembled a guitar. Then there was one other band member who wasn’t playing a cardboard instrument; he had some sort of podium box-like thing that he was slowly pushing down on with his hands. The band was surprisingly quite good, and the other 3 audience members and I enjoyed them quite a bit.
Then right before The Livid was supposed to go on, I saw Justin walking in, and I went over to say hi. He really didn’t look anything like Justin, actually he looked more like JeffK if he hadn’t shaved in a few weeks, but because this was my dream, I knew it was Justin. So I started talking to him, and he came off as a real jerk, but just as he walked away to go on stage, I asked him if he’d play an old song for me. He turned around and smiled, and he was all nice to me then. I asked him if they could do Falling Behind and he said that they couldn’t cuz they needed another guitar. I had one and he said that he would have let me play it with them, but they didn’t have another amp for me. He said he was sorry, and told me that sadly they couldn’t do Clear Me either for the same reason. So he said that they’d do Watch it die, and The Neural Is Me for me instead.
With that they went on stage. Now when I say they I mean Justin. For some reason the rest of the band was missing, but that wouldn’t stop him, he was going to “rock our socks off” regardless. So he started singing, and all of a sudden the rest of the band kicked in after a minute or two. Well we all heard it, Chris, Rob, and Adam were still nowhere to be seen. At the end of the set, Justin busted the 15 second “I’m Gone” of The Neural Is Me, and disappeared into thin air.

What a fucking crazy dream.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-11-10 at 06:02
i had the same dream!!

not really.
this could be a crazy dreams thread, i have tons of them. or have we already had a crazy dreams thread?

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-11-10 at 06:05
haha thats fucking awesome i wish i could have that much fun while i sleeped

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-11-10 at 07:33
well if we have had a crazy dreams thread i dont remember it. it could either be a livid dream thread, or you could move it to unrelated and make it just a crazy dream thread, whichever you like bart.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-11-10 at 19:01
moved! renamed!

here's a crazy one i had the other night:

went to tesco (supermarket, not sure if you have it in canada) and it was eerile dingy and quiet. it looked as if the cigarette/booze counter had been taken away by force too, there was a mark on the floor where it should have been, and some wreckage. there were people in the store but they were shuffling around like they didn't want to be seen or heard, some of them putting their fingers on their lips and going "shhhh!" to each other. so i grabbed myself a basket and started shopping. this is when i noticed there was no one on checkouts. someone told me "shhh!" and so i started sneaking around too. i whispered "what's going on?" to someone nearby and she said "well everything's free today!" so i thought "oh, that's why the booze counter is gone already" (not sure why it was destroyed though). so i picked up a couple of tins of beans (that's right). she looks at me angrily and says "you're only allowed one of each thing!!" so i said ahh shit and put one tin back.
and so i started going around the store grabbing one of a lot of stuff - i was careful not to fill my basket though because i hadn't got to the frozen chips yet and i really wanted some frozen chips. i got a box each of both golden grahams and cinnamon grahams!
i eventually got to the frozen chips and i had a terrible internal struggle - i got one bag and i really wanted another. i'm not sure if i was allowed one of each size, or one of each brand or whatever, but i didn't think of that at the time. so i kind of picked up another bag and held it above the basket, desperately trying to decide whether to get it or not - "no one will notice" i thought "but i'm not allowed!" that's when some of the other shoppers gave me really dirty, and quite aggressive, looks so i put the chips back and went to check out.
now the people on checkouts were back so i thought, damn, i can't afford all these grahams and chips. but i noticed that people were having their stuff beeped but weren't paying, so "nice", i went to the checkout and had my stuff beeped. "that's 11.93 please" he says and i said "but it's all free today!" he gave me a form i had to fill in, and said "it's only free if you fill in this form". so i did it and got chased out of the store because i didn't want to write my email address on it.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-11-10 at 19:14
thats weird

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-11-14 at 00:15
Did you pick up jaffa cakes and marmite, Bart?

Anyway, this isn't "crazy" or anything, but I had a weird dream last night.
I was on vacation at this five-star resort, or so I thought...turns out that I was being secretly filmed as contestant on some type of "Paradise Hotel" thing. Very weird.
So whatever, there I am, sitting by this lawn chair thing and some hot looking guy says "Let's go take a dip by the pool" so I say "no thanks...I don't know how to swim" which is a blatant lie, but..it was a dream, so I guess it's okay...and so I'm sitting there watching him swim around, and he starts to do this weird synchronized swimming thing, and I got kinda freaked out.
So whatever,time goes by, and I can't get my eyes off this pool for some reason, and then I look at one of its corners, and there's Nemo (from Finding Nemo) ..yelling for help, saying he's drowning.
So I'm wearing some weird baywatch style red swimsuit and jump into the pool, and I try and save the fish..but he's slippery, and keeps slipping out of my fingers, and the fish starts to cry and yells "YOU BITCH! It's not rocket science" and I start arguing with the fish, until he kinda falls into this drain thing, and dissapears...and I say to myself "I'm going after him" but then realize how yucky that would be, and get out of the pool.
As I'm stepping out, people are staring at me, and the "hot guy" says: "That was cool, but, you touched a fish, so I'm never talking to you again".
Yeah, it was odd.
So I remember going over to the bar and ordering a Pińa Colada, and then the dream ended.

you won't let me down...

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-11-14 at 02:11
I didn't read any of the posts yet, but I'm sure they are entertaining.

I actually don't ever remember my dreams. Ever. After about 1 second after I wake up, I forget what I was dreaming about. The harder I try to remember, the faster it fades. It's really strange. Perhaps it's a good thing. My friend remembers every single detail of his dreams, and some of them are really fucked up.

I did have a couple reoccuring dreams when I was a kid that are rather freaky, but I'm sure I've posted them at some point on here before, so I won't waste my time.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2004-11-14 at 02:15
i just don't dream. i fall asleep and i wake up in exactly the same position, without even a glimmer of a memory of dreaming. fall asleep, wake up. sleep is very unfulfilling for me.

ta bi

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-11-14 at 02:23
Oh, I dream. I know I do. And I know they are very interesting, but it is erased from my memory instantly.

I love sleep. I look forward to it.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-11-14 at 03:08
My dreams suck (since they're all things that could very well happen). Here's a couple.

Once I dreamt I checked my bank account on the Net, and saw I had no money, then I went to bed. Suffice to say I woke up thinking I had no bloody money (fuck you, stupid subconscious).

Another time I fell asleep on the couch when my sister came to visit and dreamt I picked something up and my sister said "Don't touch that! There's spiders on it!". I freaked, first time I've ever jumped up from a dream, god I hate spiders and I hate my damn real-life imitating dreams.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-11-14 at 07:03
One time a few years ago I had a dream I fought Colin Powel. That's strange since he's probably the member of the American cabinet that I most favour.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-11-14 at 15:29
i had a very sad dream last night, it must be all this web work i'm doing. that part comes later though.

first of all i was cycling around the glastonbury abbey ruins - http://images.google.com/images?q=glastonbury%20abbey%20ruins - and it was really cool at first, but i was being such a bastard, cycling up behind people, going past them and then immediately turning into their path to scare them. i didn't feel bad about this, and i kept on doing it. then i decided it'd be fun to skid while turning a corner and turn the bike so sharp that i kind of slip off and slide on my belly across the grass for a bit. so i did that and lay down for a while. then i jumped back on this bike and cycled down some stairs. then i considered trying to do this jump, and it looked easy at first but then i was cautious and looked again, and what i thought was the other side was simply more water. strange. so i went in the other direction.

at this point my bike disappeared but i didn't think twice about that. so i walked along and found this archway through to an area which looked familiar. there was a river and a wall going across it, probably with a water wheel or something on the far side to let it through. on the right hand side of the wall (i was on the left), and on the opposite bank, there was an area which i knew somehow was really really good for meeting new people - people would walk past there a lot and you could just sit on the handy benches and say hi. but i couldn't get there so i forgot about it. i wondered what was right next to that but on this side of the wall and so i somehow crossed the river (no idea how) and arrived at a long table with benches on each side. there was a fridge in the wall! luckily some of my old buddies were already sitting drinking there and said go ahead and grab a beer so i did, and sat down. there was fru and will and pilchards and a few more i can't remember. fru still had his long hair. then some fine young ladies joined us at the table (i thought that was brave of them, coming up and joining a table full of rowdy drunks) and i was sat in between them both.

in dreams these days i always seem to forget the names of new people i meet. maybe that's normal, since they don't exist anyway and it's something your mind has just made up. so i thought "shit the one on my right is talking to me and i need to remember her name" so i asked the girl on my left and she ... typed it in a box, and slid it towards me. it suddenly changed into a... font name... and i noticed that it was the same font as the girl on my left was using but bold. the fonts they were using had really cheesy names too, like "true love gold" or something. i don't believe i dreamt about fonts. but the interesting thing is that everything above waist height was real, and everything below waist height was sort of virtual, and you could type things there (without trace of a keyboard) and move them around.

we ran out of beer too, but then fru turned up (he hadn't even left ) with more.

then there was something about a ball game which none of us knew the rules of, but we had to pretend we did know the rules. something similar happened later...

i don't really remember what happened immediately after the ball game, but after all this the dream changed into a mix between supermarket work and warehouse work - there were checkouts, but people were just moving cardboard boxes around, sometimes moving them around in shopping trolleys. and trying to take trolleys up and down stairs! i didn't know what to do so i just kind of walked around the place trying to look as if i knew what i was doing. there was something about radioactivity too in one of the corridoors (which looked like a doom 3 corridoor), where i kept on tilting up a particular section of the flooring and checking that a neon light underneath was switched off. and i tried to find my friend nick because i wanted him to check it as well. while walking around looking like i was doing something important.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-11-14 at 17:38
Chris, everyone has dreams every night. Some are just more memorable then others.

I dream of Jeanie with her light brown hair.

one last show.

Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2004-11-14 at 20:03
When I was younger I had a reoccurring dream that I was being chased through the forest by giant penquins. The forest went from the water to my great aunt's cottage and I could never make it to the cottage. The forest always got bigger and bigger the more I ran.

If you have something to say, raise your hand...and put it over your mouth.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-11-14 at 22:52
I had a dream when I was a kid....My brother and I found this open, huge sewer and we hopped in it. I walked down one way and he the other. I came to this slide thing, that wasn't very steep, so I slid down. I almost got to the bottom, when I saw the Penguin and the Joker from Batman plotting to blow up the world.

I surely kicked their ass!...I never found my brother in the sewer's after that though. I wonder who he beat up?

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-11-15 at 05:54
i once had a dream that i was playing pool tag at a birthda\y party ( i was like 10) and out of no where the penguin came in and started shooting us but batman swooped in with his rope from his utility belt and grabbed me off the diving board and surely enough wapowed! and kabamed! the penguin

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-11-15 at 16:37
enough penguin stuff. they weren't even funny, SideO and PIS, much as batman is a good show. can't remember what i dreamt last night.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-11-15 at 16:56
Now now..let's not put down other dreams.

you won't let me down...

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-11-15 at 21:46
This thread is 'Crazy Dreams'. If it was 'Funny Dream', I would've posted a funny dream.

Stop harrassing my dreams. It hurts deep inside.

one last show.

go to top