posted on 2005-10-18 at 13:53
im getting a Lexus

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-10-18 at 16:19
Bonus.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-10-18 at 20:18
Krista I don;t think you got the joke hehe

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-10-18 at 21:26
nor did i. why don't you explain it.

ta bi

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-10-19 at 12:33
explaining the joke would result in the bannage of ms.desiree from the forums.

paige got it, though.

omfg. Franz Ferdinand last night was so effin' good.
Best concert of my life. I never knew they could rock the way they did. It was 100 times better than listening to them on record.Kinda dissapointed they only played for about an hour though, considering I was there waiting since around 1:30pm, and they didn't go on stage until 9:15.

During the line "you can feel my lips undress your eyes", Alex pointed at me and winked.
It might have been because I was right infront of him (front and center in the floor area) but still, I'd like to think I made love to a Scottish man.

I didn't bring a camera because I thought they'd take it away, BUTTTT, I took some awesome black and white shots with my phone. I also found out my phone has a zoom. Who woudda thunk it?

This band from Australia called "CutCopy" played too.
MAN..I have no clue how they were able to play the way they did. It was ridiculous. I couldn't stop dancing.
Sin: have you ever heard of them?

aaaaaanyway..
ended up getting a ride home from someone who lived in the streetsville area...turns out he goes to streetsville highschool.....and he's friends with PIS...
small world.

oooh oooh..and chris: I actually took two people out during 'take me out'. That song drove people insane. My ribs nearly broke because everybody was pushing forward. SO, I grabbed onto the barrier thing, and pushed back really hard, and elbowed a girl who kept hitting me with her flailing arms everytime Alex came to the end of the stage.

She totally deserved it.
So did that other guy who literally pushed me away so he could be at the front too, and I kicked him, and he moved back.

Violence = result of a passion for Franz Ferdinand.

p.s: from now on all my posts will be lengthy, because i sure as hell ain't reaching 5000 posts.

you won't let me down...

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-10-19 at 13:18
Indeed I have, funny guys.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-10-19 at 13:19
sounds like fun. i hate when people get violent at relatively soft gigs. some of my housemates went to see the coral last night and their time was spoilt by assholes in the crowd.

you don't want to use zoom on your phone. unless it has optical zoom. digital zoom is a complete waste of time, it's just the same as what you can do on a computer with an existing photo.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-10-19 at 13:48
Now I'm going to go on a rant about Digital Zoom. I don't even know why Digital Zoom is still even put on things. Wow, this camcorder can zoom in up to 120x too bad it looks like crap beyond about 20 (and even that is pushing it in terms of digital). If you want to zoom in far, buy a damn telephoto lens, if your camera doesn't support such a peripheral, try buying a real camera.

Sorry, had to vent.

As for mobile phone zoom, mine uses digital, which is retarded. It goes one worse though, you can't zoom in at the highest res of the phone, you have to drop it back, then zoom in, so it's like increasing the size of a higher res image then cropping it so that the result is smaller than the initial picture. I hate this chic geek stuff. Apple has a lot to answer for with it's stupid iPod.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-10-22 at 21:49
these forums sure are boring now

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-10-23 at 13:10
not much going on, it's true.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-10-24 at 04:01
hey, just got back from my weezer/foo weekend. it was fucking awesome.

me and 3 buddies drove down to the show yesterday (3 hour drive). we had vip passes thanks to my dad's "connections". we could litterally go anywhere except the bands' changing rooms.

so we got to eat a free catered meal backstage while weezer played their first few songs. then we got to watch the whole show from the side of the stage where all the band's guitar tech guys work. it was so cool. we even got to sit on a couch and watch part of the show. weezer was better than i expected. they played a pretty solid set with a pretty even allotment of songs from each album. in the middle of the set rivers ran around the outside of the arena and poped up on a tiny stage in the middle of the crowd and played island in the sun acoustic. my friend and i had to stop ourselves from running up on stage and playing along with him (we could have from where we were. then they called up some random guy from the audience to come play acoustic guitar with them on "undone" and then after the song they just gave him the guitar. that was a really cool thing for them to do. oh and Dave Grohl watched some of the weezer set from like 2 feet behind my buddies and I.

then the foos came on, and they just blew me away. they played with so much energy, it was amazing. i kinda wish they had played more songs from the new album like free me, and end over end, but it was still good. they also jammed in the middle of a bunch of songs, most of it was heavier and super cool. dave also ran to the stage in the middle of the crowd for the second half of stacked actors, and he and chris duked it out playing classic rock riffs back and forth that were awesome. towards the end taylor got up from behind the drums and played guitar and sang on cold day in the sun, and dave played the drums. that was cool. and on the last song, dave broke a string, and i went and asked his guitar technician if i could have it and he gave me the whole set... a nice little souveneir.

and for sin, the setlist was:

In Your Honor
All My Life
My Hero
Best Of You
Up In Arms
Learn To Fly
Times Like These
The One
Stacked Actors
DOA
Breakout
Cold Day In The Sun
Everlong (solo w/ band joining on end)

Encore:
This Is A Call
Monkey Wrench

then after the show we spent the night at my grandparents house in LA and spent most of today hanging in guitar stores. so yeah it was one of the funnest weekends ever.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

little_lady

posted on 2005-10-24 at 15:52
DOA is such a crazy song.
The Foo's never cease to impress me.

I had an interesting weekend, to say the least.

you won't let me down...

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-10-28 at 02:24
Ummm sup dead forums?

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

little_lady

posted on 2005-10-28 at 13:12
ahhh...i get to meet Hot Hot Heat soon.

Life at EMI is just too hip. I’m having such a blast, and it’s crazy the type of people that walk through the building every day.
PLUS, I think I just got a band signed. They’re really, REALLY interested.
Oh, and I wore my Livid shirt at the office yesterday.

In other news, times are sorta confusing right now. Some people have completely drifted away from me, while others who had drifted away before are suddenly popping up again. It’s weird.

you won't let me down...

Chris
Moderator of Death

posted on 2005-10-28 at 14:15
that's cool, ms. desiree. a girl i know was interning at a semi-major label and got skyrocketed when she was involved in signing All Saints. hopefully something like that'll happen to you, then you can send me cool stuff.

ta bi

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-10-31 at 04:00
take a look at the posts graph under stats, i bet october is an all-time low

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-10-31 at 06:17
for sure. i mean nobody posted for 3 days.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-11-3 at 18:17
My halloween weekend was a blast. enough said. oh this is for the people who were with me... Ru-Fi-Ohh!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-11-3 at 22:38
quotation:
Originally posted by 1lilrockerchic
My halloween weekend was a blast. enough said. oh this is for the people who were with me... Ru-Fi-Ohh!

What do you mean by that exactly? The reason why I was asking is because a couple of my friends went to a holloween party in the Toronto area (I think) and one of the guys there they nicknamed Rufio and always chant "Oh Rufioo" all the time when they're around him. Could be a coincidence, but I thought I'd ask.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-11-4 at 00:56
Halloween sucked, Saw 2 didn't come out here, I have to wait 10 more days. However we did get Wolf Creek in the cinemas, that film is awesome, I highly recommend it.

As for me, holiday's are around again, 4 months of nothing to do.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-11-4 at 01:06
quotation:
Originally posted by Sin Ogaris
Halloween sucked, Saw 2 didn't come out here, I have to wait 10 more days. However we did get Wolf Creek in the cinemas, that film is awesome, I highly recommend it.

As for me, holiday's are around again, 4 months of nothing to do.

Watching Saw 2 was the closest thing to "celebrating" holloween. I highly enjoyed it, surprisingly. If you really liked the first, you should like this one.

I've got about 2 more weeks of hell at work before the season is done. I'm stoked about that. Should have a few days off before I need to get a new job.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-11-4 at 18:41
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
quotation:

What do you mean by that exactly? The reason why I was asking is because a couple of my friends went to a holloween party in the Toronto area (I think) and one of the guys there they nicknamed Rufio and always chant "Oh Rufioo" all the time when they're around him. Could be a coincidence, but I thought I'd ask.

Nope this didnt happen in Toronto area, it was in Guelph. And I believe that there is only one person on this forum board who would get "Ru-Fi-Ohhhh!!!".

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Chris
Moderator of Death

posted on 2005-11-5 at 01:58
i like eating pies.

ta bi

little_lady

posted on 2005-11-5 at 03:07
i like engaging in a lengthy conversation with someone on msn and then having that idiotic piece of turd called webmessenger freeze my computer and make me restart it.

terrific, terrific.

sorry, chris.

you won't let me down...

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-11-5 at 13:05
quotation:
Nope this didnt happen in Toronto area, it was in Guelph. And I believe that there is only one person on this forum board who would get "Ru-Fi-Ohhhh!!!".

isn't that at the start of the rufio song "above me"?

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

go to top