go to bottom

Author: Subject: the dreams things are made of
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-12-30 at 11:13
the dreams things are made of

this is a playlsist of mine from between the hours of around 4am to 7am......

i thought i'd post it because:

i. it should act as a rubbing coatsleeve on the fogged up window that looks out to the brown horizonless landscape that is my musical taste.

ii. i rock

iii. there are songs in there you will like.

built to spill - still flat
john vanderslice - the mansion
beulah - my horoscope said it would be a bad year
for stars - there was a river [HIGHLY recommended]
godspeed you black emperor - lift yr. skinny fists like antennas to heaven
the brian jonestown massacre - the ballad of jim jones
stereolab - long live life
badly drawn boy - the shining[avalanches remix]
the flaming lips - the softest bullet ever shot
antibalas afrobeat orchestra - hypocrite
koop! ft. yukimi nagano - summer sun
mr. scruff - get a move on
sporto hantes - mundo
llorca - indigo blues [alexkid remix]
ken vandermarks and joe harriott project - abstract
cornelius - point of view point
broken social scene - guilty cubical
death cab for cutie - bend to squares
feist - mushaboom
young people - ne'er do well
butterfly child - dont talk to me
the mendoza line - a damn good disguise
beulah - if we can land a man on the moon, surely i can win your heart
the brian jonestown massacre - supersonic
bright eyes - lover i dont have to love
kid koala - basin street blues

it goes on...... considering i dont sleep it's going to extend to around 11am.

chances are i'll throw in the go! team's "thunder, lightning, strike!" album and play superspike v-ball for nintendo until lunch.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2004-12-31 at 02:46
throw in some bedouin soundclash cuz u kno u love them.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2004-12-31 at 03:50
honest to god, i've never heard of any of that...

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-12-31 at 04:26
honest to god, doesn't surprise me in the least.

i figured no one had heard of at least 95% of these..... which is part of the reason i posted it.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2004-12-31 at 15:16
the way you present yourself kind of gives the impression that these should be well known bands/groups/people

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-12-31 at 15:55
i would think the opposite. i guess my "currently listening to:"s aren't as obscure as i originally thought.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-12-31 at 18:19
I can only vouch for 11 out of 26..so I fail.
The only song I had recently heard was 'lift yr. skinny fists like antennas to heaven' and that's because he had it on his MSN name and I felt intrigued.

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-1-4 at 01:32
well i've only heard of 7 of those artists... i'll check out some of those when i have some more time

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-1-4 at 02:14
you should all listen to cradle of filth's latest offering, "nymphetamine", almost on par with "midian".

ta bi

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-4 at 02:42
rather than imposing my personal tastes on you guys anymore, i'm quite confident you guys would be really into the band And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead... i happen to think they're pretty snappy fellas.

check out The Black Heart Procession while you're at it.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-1-4 at 06:08
oh, And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead... awesome band. even awesomer name. i definately suggest you check them out.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-11 at 22:05
http://nerim.mistur.org/sigur-ros/video/sigur_ros-reverb-svefn.rm

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-1-12 at 05:48
that link doesn't work Joel

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-15 at 23:26
try now.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-1-16 at 03:43
Sir Joelathan, you clearly stole that last post. Please review the following:

quotation:
Originally posted by tremendous
try now

[Edited on 16-1-2005 by Pure_Ibanez_Sound]

one last show.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-16 at 09:15
yes i know.....

"bad artists copy, good artists steal"
-T.S. Elliot

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-1-17 at 00:56
http://sigur-ros.mistur.org/sigur_ros-montreux-hafssol.asf

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-2-2 at 08:30
my friend recently purchased the album that this thread is named after [roughly], "the dream that stuff was made of" by Starlight Mints, and he burned me a copy. i gotta say, it's pretty F'n good. i mean how many bands used expressions like "Holy shazam"? now that is freakin genious. i especially like Submarine #3 and Cracker Jack. i recommend them for sure.

oh, it was pretty cool, as we were listening to it for the first time, we got to the Twilight Showdown, and i said what this band needed was a flute player. and then the intro of Margarita came on and "holy shazam" it was a flute! haha

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2005-3-8 at 04:20
download everything on the list above from www.epitonic.com. seriously.

go to top