go to bottom

Author: Subject: The Comedian and his Sweetness Jokes
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-1-5 at 23:12
The Comedian and his Sweetness Jokes

Everyone has listened or heard of a comedian that they heart. So let's all share your favorite comedian and their best jokes.

...Or just random "stand-up" jokes that you have writed by yourself.

Jeff Foxworthy- Some decent hick comedy from this guy. Any stuff is funny by this guy.

one last show.

belated

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2005-1-5 at 23:51
Chris Rock. His political humour I find very funny. Eddie Murphy... plain funny.
Shade

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2005-1-6 at 00:10
sorry, but most stand up is only funny when watching or listening to somebody perform it.

- Shade

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2005-1-6 at 00:29
lewis black

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-1-6 at 01:37
I'll rattle off names...

Eddie Murphy (politically incorrect = hilarious, laws have ruined good stand up comedy)
Robin Williams DVD is great
Carl Barron (I'll give you a text of it, doubt it'll be as funny written though)

"The air hostess, on the plane, came up to me and asked me a really wierd question.
She said, 'Would you care for an orange juice?'
'Yeah, if it needed me, where is it, is it going to be alright?'"

Lee Mack - Another little "sound" bite for this one

"I like coming to Australia, the language is the same, well pronunciations are different.
You say yo-gert (Yoghurt), we say yog-et.
You have prawns on the barbie, we have yog-et.
You use proper lubricants for sex...
You say Kakadu, we say "Push the pineapple, shake the tree'.
You say barramundi, we say 'Took her for a drink on Tuesday.' It's alright, no one ever laughs at that, just trust me, it's genius.
You say B.Y.O, we say 'Good guess, but the question was, how do you spell boy?'"

Tom Gleeson
Ross Noble - The God of improvisation, 2 hours of unrehearsed verbal diarrhea.
Daniel Kitson
Danny Bhoy

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-1-6 at 03:28
Hmm.

Eddie Murphy. Raw, and especially, Delerious are probably the funniest stand-up I've ever seen. And it's always funny.

Dane Cook: Listen to some of his jokes at his website www.danecook.com. I especially like the Kool-aid joke. Definitely check him out. According to comedycentral.com, he's the best comic out there.

Dave Chappelle. Everyone knows him now, but he's been around for along time. His stand-up is as funny as his show.

I loved Harland Williams when I was younger. I remember his acts on Just For Laughs to be the funniest.

As Shade said, most jokes just wouldn't be funny written down. You have to watch them.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, my favourite part in Eddie Murphy Raw is when he is talking about his obsession with Richard Pryor, and when he was younger the only jokes he could do were talking about shit, while imitating Richard. I don't normally laugh out loud, but that always gets me.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-1-6 at 15:01
peter kay - great man. one favourite bit of his "live from the boston albert halls" show is the "walking to the dance floor dance", where he illustrates that everyone will slowly shift from a walk to a dancing walk to a dance as they get closer to the middle of the dance floor, with humourous results.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-1-6 at 19:35
rowan atkinson.

ta bi

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-1-7 at 20:13
Hahaha that Peter Kay bit is the truest thing in comedy to this day!

Go watch the Bar Mitzva video at www.danecook.com . The bit at the end of his routine that he does about car alarms is halarious.

one last show.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2005-1-7 at 23:45
comedians: dane cook, dave chapelle, brian regan, eddie murphy, jim breuer, george carlin, jerry seinfeld, denis leary, richard pryor.

best impressions: jay mohr's christopher walken, ben affleck's denzel washington, frank caliendo's everyone.

[Edited on 7-1-05 by mr. dobalina]

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-1-8 at 04:37
Speaking of impressions, Jimmy Kimmel does an awesome Karl Malone!

one last show.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-1-8 at 04:52
i was listening to the sound clips on Dane Cook's site, the nestle one was funny, that's about it. But then again, I don't generally understand Northern American humour these days.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger

go to top