go to bottom

Author: Subject: surf junky
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-2-23 at 18:15
surf junky

a friend of mine just pointed me to this site. it's the old get paid to look at adverts thing. only this time i can't see a problem with it. i'm giving it a go. see, we've together come up with a way to cheat. this way, the adverts don't pop up and grab your attention - they just sit in a browser window and you can keep that minimised. just leaving it and forgetting it ticks your earnings up. i'm on about 75 cents so far

we worked out that we could get about £60 a month paid into our paypal accounts if we get it going when we wake up and switch off when we go to bed. obviously requiring an always-on internet connection.

cheating? here's what we're up to...
usually no one could handle it because every 30 seconds the browser window maximises and is brought to the front of the screen, and you need to get rid of it. but with firefox you can go to tools - options - web features, advanced javascript and uncheck "move or resize existing windows" and "raise or lower windows". surfjunky obviously caught on to this and suddenly about 15 minutes ago no more adverts were showing - it showed a "firefox is not allowed to take part" message. but i'm one step ahead of course. this extension lets you change the "user agent" - in other words it can make firefox send out IE's id codes, thus tricking surf junky into thinking you're using IE. problem solved.

anyway, if anyone decides to give it a go, use this link - it'll mean i get some extra monies!

http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=tremendous

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-2-23 at 21:43
Holy crap, 60 pounds a month, that's like 150 bucks.

Damn typos.

[Edited on 23-2-05 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
steveo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Bush - The Science Of Things

posted on 2005-2-23 at 22:28
Doesn't it matter that it logs you out of the site everytime the page refreshes?

The most occasional (yet consistant) forum member in the world. Probably.

Sunshine. Moonlight. Good Times. Boogie.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-2-23 at 23:50
"tremendous" - always one step ahead.

ta bi

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-2-25 at 06:15
i might do it if i had a paypal account, and a computer with foxfire. sounds like a pretty sweet deal though.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-2-25 at 06:25
is it gonna work bart? thats awesome you beat the system

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-2-25 at 19:12
turns out it's not going to work, which is a shame. their server is too crap to consistently dish out pages, and so if i leave it going for an hour or so it will have got no response and so timed out at some point, and stopped. so there's no way i can think of of leaving it on all day. i'll keep at it for another few days though.

go to top