go to bottom

Author: Subject: 'Hey...Can I Pay You To Wear This?'
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-3-9 at 23:06
'Hey...Can I Pay You To Wear This?'

Alrighty folks....

I'm doing an essay on how major companies whom sponsor big time athletes effect consumer culture.

I just wanted your input on a few things.

A)Do you think this is healthy for consumerism in general?
Should there be standards that surround this issue? I.E- Max amount of dollars per 'x' amount of years.
C) Do you think this is healthy for the player(S) egotistically?

Anything else you want to add would help a tonne as well.

Thanks everybody.

one last show.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2005-3-10 at 01:06
A] sure

B] dunno if i understand the question completely

C] ultimatly i think it depends on the person's personality, but i'm sure it gives a huge ego trip

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-3-10 at 02:32
Thanks?

one last show.

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2005-3-10 at 05:39
A)Do you think this is healthy for consumerism in general?

I think it's your question that is flawed here. The fact is that rampant consumerism is not healthy. People maunfacturing their identities through buying excessively is not healthy.

Should there be standards that surround this issue? I.E- Max amount of dollars per 'x' amount of years.

Yes but that will never happen. As long as large corporations are willing to put dollars on the table athletes will sign contracts to endorse. Corporations have more power than states these days. Who do you think will enforce rules on them. Certainly not you or me.

C) Do you think this is healthy for the player(S) egotistically?

Of course not but most have their heads so far up their asses already it doesn't make a difference.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Adidas

posted on 2005-3-10 at 12:28
money is what makes the world go 'round. thats not to say i agree w/ it, but fact is fact. if people don't spend money, people don't make money. if someone wants to spend 500 bucks on a pair of sneakers so he can "be like mike" then i say let'm. whats not healthy about it? he spent money and is happy w/ his new sneaks and the shoe maker is happy since he just totally ripped that retard off. then that shoe maker will go spend that money on a new fancy boat because he saw some celeb driving one in a magazine. he'll get totally ripped off and now the boat guy is giggling. the cycle will repeate and the world will be merry.

by some people's morals and ideals that may be wrong and unhealthy, but from a business standpoint...the world just rotated one more time

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
steveo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Bush - The Science Of Things

posted on 2005-3-11 at 09:14
quotation:
Originally posted by Adidas
money is what makes the world go 'round. thats not to say i agree w/ it, but fact is fact. if people don't spend money, people don't make money. if someone wants to spend 500 bucks on a pair of sneakers so he can "be like mike" then i say let'm. whats not healthy about it? he spent money and is happy w/ his new sneaks and the shoe maker is happy since he just totally ripped that retard off. then that shoe maker will go spend that money on a new fancy boat because he saw some celeb driving one in a magazine. he'll get totally ripped off and now the boat guy is giggling. the cycle will repeate and the world will be merry.

by some people's morals and ideals that may be wrong and unhealthy, but from a business standpoint...the world just rotated one more time

What does the boat maker buy? Maybe he goes and buys the $500 be-like-mike sneakers.

The most occasional (yet consistant) forum member in the world. Probably.

Sunshine. Moonlight. Good Times. Boogie.

Adidas

posted on 2005-3-11 at 12:45
what they buy isn't the point, just that they spend money

go to top