go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: Vote for my cousin to become the new lead singer of INXS, or else!
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-6-8 at 22:10
Vote for my cousin to become the new lead singer of INXS, or else!

great news is my cousin Jason Dean (J.D) Fortune has made it to the top 14 contestants on the upcoming reality TV show "Rock Star: INXS". He's one of 3 Canadians in the top 3, and I'm really excited for him. Mark Burnett (survivor, the apprentice, etc) created this show, and it's point is to find a new lead singer for the world famous band INXS. The show is to air sometime this summer, so I am counting on you guys to PLEASE vote for J.D. He's an amazing singer, and he's been performing his entire life. It actually got embarrassing to take him to the mall because he'd be belting out Elvis tunes as he walked down the aisles. The problem is, he doesn't want any job unless it involved music because it's something he truly loves (At one point he was an Elvis impersonator, and a damn good one haha). But at the moment, he's got no job, no money, no home. If he doesn't get this, he's on the streets. This is the break he's been waiting for his entire life. So please, just let the boy sing and VOTE FOR JASON DEAN FORTUNE! DO IT! You will have my love. See here for more details: http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/artslife/story.html?id=d375f316-5fae-4592-8478-bb4c33a9c343&page=2

Paige

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-6-8 at 22:17
questions:

1. where do we vote?
2. where can we hear some of his singing?

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-8 at 22:29
You can vote when the show airs this summer. And I know he's got recordings of him singing on some cds, so I'll see if I can get my hands on one and upload them.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-6-9 at 01:07
world famous? i don't even know who INXS are...

ta bi

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-6-9 at 01:33
You might have not heard of them because they are australian.(Yes I read the article)

Same here and Paige and her cousin must be very good friends (but not in the hillbilly way you know with the marriage)

Well whatever how old is your cousin?

Mez

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-6-9 at 01:50
quotation:
Originally posted by _Mezmerize_
Paige and her cousin must be very good friends (but not in the hillbilly way you know with the marriage)

As for INXS, I thought they'd already gotten a new singer, were crap, and then gave it away. Unless maybe they ditched him and are trying for someone who is actually good.

As for not knowing them, it's possible you've heard a couple of their songs just not known who they were by. Either that, or you just don't listen to the radio and stuff, in which case I applaud you.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-6-9 at 02:07
You talking to me?

And im glad you liked the hill billy thing

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-6-9 at 02:33
^Attempts to maintain a stellar nickname, like my own.^

one last show.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-9 at 03:26
Yeah, we're about as close as family gets (you sick bastards!), but I haven't seen him in a very long time because he's been moving aroung alot to Nova Scotia and Florida and other places. I'm excited for the show to air so I get to see him at least!
Jason is 31 years old now. Gosh, he's getting old now haha.
Anyway, INXS was big in the 80's and 90's. They're lead singer killed himself in '97 and they probably did get a replacement, but they obviously got rid of him.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-9 at 04:23
Michael Hutchence was the original singer, for those of you playing at home.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-6-9 at 06:01
i know of INXS. in fact i just heard "need you tonight" by them on the radio today. quite a good song. oh and for those who dont know, it's pronounced like the words "In Excess", not "I-N-X-S".

paige, any idea what station it would be airing on in America? or where i can find out?

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-9 at 12:07
It will air on CBS on July 11th. Be there, or be square.

_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-6-9 at 12:39
*bites nails* I might be square!

Sin me and you are tied for 1st in the game.Your going down!

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-9 at 20:00
Oh, and I just found out that Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke are hosting the show. Neat.

_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-6-9 at 20:44
Its just Dave Navarro I think The Trumpster should hold the contest

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-6-10 at 01:38
i guess ill have to be square. im going to a show from 3 - 9 featuring Jimmy Eat World, Rise Agaisnt, Pinback, Hot Hot Heat, The Mad Caddies, The Bravery, Tegan and Sara, and Pepper. im sure ill be having much more fun.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-10 at 04:15
then you better watch it on the 12th and the 13th, because it airs 3 times a week. Not the same episode, but you know what I mean. Don't make me go all the way over to Cali and kick your ass to the moon.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-10 at 04:51
I don't think the Moon has coverage of CBS.
_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-6-10 at 20:37
I know a guy he will hook you up with the good satelites

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-6-11 at 19:39
What was that amazing good song INXS had wayyy back when? I remember I got their cassette from a garage sale, for free back then. I only listened to one song on that tape.

I really forgot how much re-winding and fast forwarding suck!

one last show.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-7-11 at 17:41
Alright, guys! Tonight is the night! The premiere is on at 9 p.m (CH and CBS in Canada, not sure for the U.S.). WATCH IT!

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-11 at 23:12
us it's on at the same time on cbs. And since it's a rest day of the tour, i can definately watch.

_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-7-11 at 23:19
I am going to miss it partially I guess because WWE Raw starts at same time...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-11 at 23:20
Paige is going to kill you.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-7-12 at 02:21
Well, he's still in the game, but he needs to stop with all the Elvis moves on stage and focus more on his vocals. I think he just went in there feeling a little cocky, but hopefully now he can get his act together.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top