go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
Author: Subject: Vote for my cousin to become the new lead singer of INXS, or else!
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-9-8 at 14:17
I thought that song was about the breakup of sting's first marriage?

ta bi

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-9-8 at 14:45
Could be, I was told it was about a guy stalking someone though, which makes sense. Although so does the marriage break up thing. If you got your info from somewhere more reputable than a friend (which is where my knowledge stems) I'll retract my statement.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-9-8 at 15:54
maybe he's stalking his ex-wife?

ta bi

LouRegina

Currently listening to: JD Fortune

posted on 2005-9-8 at 18:54
NOt a stalker... but

Could be persuaded!!!

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-9-8 at 23:16
seems suspicious that they only signed up to talk about jd... i mean this is the livid's forum.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-9-9 at 00:37
I think you have been watching to much CSI dude...

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-9 at 04:59
actually i've never seen an episode in my life. nice try though.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-9-14 at 01:25
Everyone should tune in tonight at 10 to watch the performance show, my cousin is singing Money by Pink Floyd, and another encore of his original song "Pretty Vegas" . And I'm BEGGING you guys to vote here:
http://rockstar.msn.com
at some point tonight from 11pm-3am. This is the last chance to vote for him before the final elimination show tomorrow, then it's the top three and the finale will be next tuesday.

It's not looking too good for me to go to hollywood for the finale. It's a long story, but basically there is this contract issue and only my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins can get free tickets to the finale, and on the guest list for the after party because they are the only ones that ended up signing the contract. JD feels bad because he knows I want to be there so badly, so he's writing me a letter, which I think is really nice. I mean, his future is on the line right now and all he is thinking about is his family.
I may go up with my cousin Marco's family and my best friend Kevin, depending on if we can get tickets to the finale. If not we're heading up to Nova Scotia when the show is done because there's a big party there in his honour. There's another party happening here as well, so it should be fun. I'll try to get pictures, even though I no longer have a digital camera....I'll just borrow one from someone I guess.

But yeah, everyone watch and VOTE!

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-9-14 at 01:56
Sweet all the best luck to him (and you) then

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-14 at 06:29
just voted. yeah, i saw tonight's show, they were all fantastic, really. that song Pretty Vegas was really good. that would be awesome if they chose him, and it became their next single.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-9-14 at 18:20
I think JD outshined the other contestants last night. "Money" was spot-on, and the fact that he got a double encore of "Pretty Vegas" should make him proud. My dad and I usually watch the show together and last night we were talking about how he's got it in the bag. I don't think anyone can measure up to his potential right now. Not even Mig.

And really, I don't know what people see in Marty's song, "Trees". Sure, it's catchy, but it doesn't compare to how original 'Pretty Vegas' sounds.

I think Suzie did a splendid job on her songs tonight as well. I'm hoping it'll come down to her and JD for the final two, and then JD wins it.
Suzie is gonna have a kickass solo career, and I'd love to own her record someday. When it comes to INXS, it's gotta be JD who does the deed. I'm still thinking about that rendition of 'Mistify'.

In other news, I don't know if anyone's following Big Brother 6, but Janelle's gonna win it. She has to. Best player in the game out of all seasons of Big Brother.

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-15 at 22:23
yeah i watched last night and the night before, and i gotta say, they all did superbly. i had a weird feeling that jd was going to lose last night, but im really glad it was mig and not him. i still dont really like marty all that much. he's a good singer, but he just seems a little too serious for his own good. and yeah suzie was rocking too. Earlier i thought that mig was the best fit for the band, but not anymore, now i say JD all the way. goodluck to him next week. paige, you should be very proud.

btw, pretty vegas is a great song. it would be awesome if it became inxs's next single.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-9-15 at 22:37
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
that song Pretty Vegas was really good. that would be awesome if they chose him, and it became their next single.

quotation:
btw, pretty vegas is a great song. it would be awesome if it became inxs's next single.

i think he likes it

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-15 at 23:36
haha im an idiot.

_Mezmerize_

posted on 2005-9-16 at 20:36
Paige is going to Hollywood

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-16 at 22:19
really!? crazy. and awesome. wish we could hang out... its so close, but so far.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-9-17 at 18:17
Actually, just like I said in my last post I don't think I'll be going to L.A. It was too difficult to get finale tickets, so instead we're having a party for him down here when he comes home, and then we're heading up to Nova Scotia for an even bigger, better party. Should be good. I'm also expecting a call from JD on Wednesday, I'm hoping he remembers...

I'm happy to hear that you guys are enjoying him, and are supporting him to win. I've thought since the start of the show that he's going to win this thing (so maybe I'm a tad bias), although it is going to be a tough choice for INXS. MiG, Marty and J.D. are all very talented guys.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-9-19 at 05:11
so he chose "you cant always get what you want". he said his family would know why. Paige, that would be you. why?

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-9-20 at 16:05
I thought he said his friends would know why. I wouldn't know, this is the first I've heard of it.

This is it guys...tonight is the finale. Actually, they just started taping the finale in LA *right* now, so I'm a tad nervous. Be sure to watch at 10 pm on CH (CBS and VH1 for those in the U.S. I believe)

Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2005-9-20 at 20:16
quotation:
so he chose "you cant always get what you want". he said his family would know why. Paige, that would be you. why?

He said on the show that it's in his will to have that song played at his funeral.

If you have something to say, raise your hand...and put it over your mouth.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2005-9-20 at 21:38
yup, along with "sympathy for the devil"...but why?

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-9-20 at 22:59
I guess you'll find out if he calls you tomorrow.
I'm really gonna cross my fingers tonight. All three men have something that sets them apart from the others, but JD's gotta win this thing.

you won't let me down...

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-9-21 at 02:56
Congrats to your cousin, Paige. I'm happy for him and your family. That's pretty cool.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2005-9-21 at 03:07
wow! congrats to JD!

thats so effin cool

Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2005-9-21 at 03:08
Man the pressure up there on the stage. They kept pausing after saying their names. I can just imagine how much they were sweating up there.

Congrats to your family Paige. Have a blast at the party!! And yes we definately want to see pics.

If you have something to say, raise your hand...and put it over your mouth.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

go to top