go to bottom

Author: Subject: Planning a trip to Montreal.
sounds_of_sanguinity

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-17 at 13:21
Planning a trip to Montreal.

Hey there,

I realize Montreal is about a 6 hour drive or more from Toronto, but I thought maybe someone here may be able to help us out. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Montreal in mid-July. We're from Ohio and have absolutely no idea what's cool to visit and do in Montreal. Any specific places of interest we should check out? Please recommend restaurants, CD stores, guitar shops, higher end clothing stores, thrift stores, art galleries, and anything else fun that you might suggest. Are there any areas where we can just park the car and walk around to a lot of interesting shops?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-6-18 at 00:23
i don't remember it being that long, but maybe it is. last time i made the journey i took the coach, so i probably slept most of the way.

where are you based?

montreal is somewhat of an enigma. it's a pretty old place, so you can find some pretty interesting architecture to look at by just walking around. one thing that i quite enjoyed was to rent a couple of bikes and go on a bit of a cycle tour, if the weather is good it doesn't really matter where you go. i also remember that it was worth paying to enter some museum or light show or something because it gave you access to the balcony of a tall building, allowing you to have a good look around. although my memory is a bit hazey, i'll post again if i remember anything else.

ta bi

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-6-18 at 15:16
I hear the strip clubs are amazing in montreal.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-6-18 at 15:18
When I went to montreal it wasnt a very good experience the only good place is old montreal new montreal is a shithole no offense to anyone who lives there.

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-6-18 at 15:32
quotation:
Originally posted by Paige_x0x
I hear the strip clubs are amazing in montreal.

Meh, strip bars are overrated. As far as Montreal goes, they have the best Comedy Festival in the World, other than that I dunno what's on offer.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2005-6-18 at 17:45
my dad's side of the family is from St. Lambert, which is on the South shore of Montreal. I'll ask him what some popular stuff to do is and I'll post it here soon.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
sounds_of_sanguinity

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-20 at 00:45
Hey, thanks for all of the suggestions so far! However, we've decided to come back to Toronto instead. I'll probably bump my old Toronto thread again for more suggestions.
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-6-20 at 02:38
..I remember when you didn't show at a Masonic show and it was either Chris or Justin gave shout out's to you and your womanly friend. However, no such person from Ohio was to be found.

Saddening, is it not?

one last show.

sounds_of_sanguinity

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-20 at 03:18
quotation:
Originally posted by Pure_Ibanez_Sound
..I remember when you didn't show at a Masonic show and it was either Chris or Justin gave shout out's to you and your womanly friend. However, no such person from Ohio was to be found.

Saddening, is it not?

Aw, I didn't realize that. I feel bad now.

If I remember correctly, it was a 19+ show and at the time my girlfriend was only 18. We had concerns of her not being able to get in. It wasn't until after we got home that I found out Chris had PMed me and said he could sneak her in. Any chance they have a show between 11th - 13th? We'll be there until the 14th, but we'll be leaving around 5 PM to head home.

go to top