go to bottom

Author: Subject: new songs
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-8-6 at 00:50
new songs

in the shadow of this big news is these amazing songs. i donno about you guys but this is the first time i've heard to you and remembering never and my curse. i must say remembering never fucking kicks ass i love the screaming. to you is a very good song except i dont agree with the bridge, doesnt seem to fit to me

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-8-6 at 01:45
yeah my first time to.

i totally agree with you about the bridge of to you. it's too average. but other than that that song is awesome. kinda freaks me out though when he says "if you're bleeding, i'll remove my skin and drape it over you".

I think i like My Curse better than Remembering Never. the screams in that song just dont make it for me. they are too shrill imo. but RN is still a great song. and the guitar solo is awesome. some of those licks are so fucking fast... gah, it's crazy. it reminds me of a different solo by someone else, but i cant remember who.

but yeah the new songs are definately killer. it's a shame we will never hear them done in the studio.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-8-6 at 02:45
don't forget they're live performances. of course it's not perfect.

i think my curse is my favourite of the four live ones. sick cycle and remembering never would come together as a close second. i was never such a fan of under this, though.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-8-6 at 05:55
Over the times that I've seen the band I've seen certain songs progress over each show. These are just one performance of the show. You can't completely judge by these performances, as Bart already stated.

I meant to start this thread, but continued to forget. Soon enough you'll see videos for My Curse and Sick Cycle synced up with these mp3's. I already have the video's but I'm still excited for you guys to see them. I also have 2 videos from their (possibly) final performance with 2 songs that they had only played once ever live. If Chris didn't break a string that night maybe no one would have ever seen them. And that would have been a shame, because the songs are great, too. I don't know the names of the songs and I don't even think one of them had a name yet.

Bart may possibly host them on this site, but I'm not sure because I don't think I got an answer from him when I was talking to him. The video is great, but the audio is obviously poor, but you can still get a good idea of what the song is about. But, hey, the more merrier when it comes to The Livid.

As for the songs, my ultimate favorite is Sick Cycle. I think that song is remarkable. It's an absolute and utter shame that it will never get recorded. It's stunning. I can't say enough good things about it. I love it.

"To you". Thank you so much. I'm sooo glad I finally got to hear it. I heard it today and it just reminded me of why I love this band so much and how great a voice Justin has. Alot of songs really depend on the catchy Chorus to make sure it's good, but I find in The Livid songs, alot of the verse's are the best parts. This song is the same for me. I love the verse vocals so fucking much. Same with In Circles. Sick verse.

I had a video of Chris playing the solo for Remembering Never, but I don't have it anymore. I'm sure I sent it to Bart at some point. I wonder if he still has it. That and My Curse are wonderful, as well.

I was sitting in my buddies car before this and we were listening to all these live songs and he actually started to get ticked off that these songs have to end like this. They were meant to be heard by more people and that's just not going to happen anymore.

Uh, sorry for the long post.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-8-6 at 18:53
i still have that remembering never solo video. when i eventually sync stuff up, i'll do that too.

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-8-6 at 19:38
can we get some tabs for songs like To You and Breaking Down?

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-8-6 at 19:54
i've already done to you. it's been on the extras page for a long time. as for breaking down, i haven't tried that one yet.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-8-6 at 20:05
I don't see To You on the extra's page.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-8-6 at 22:27
that's shocking. i honestly could have sworn i'd put it on here. maybe i'm going mad. i was sure ian at least had commented that the tab didn't really show how the song was because there was no singing, or something like that. very strange. i've uploaded it now anyway. on reflection, maybe i put it up but then changed my mind, thinking i'd wait until powertabs.net accepted it... but that wouldn't explain why i thought people had commented on it.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-8-6 at 22:43
I never remember you once mentioning that tab. I had no idea it existed. What's the story with Test Run, btw? Is that done? I've been waiting to learn how to play that for like a year now.

Livid

posted on 2005-8-6 at 22:52
thanks bart!

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-8-7 at 00:21
no you arent mad, bart. you definatly did post it, cause i've had it for a couple of weeks. and the comment i made about it was something to the extent of "can we hear the song so we know what we're playing is supposed to sound like."

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-8-7 at 00:45
and i think in To You, Justin was trying to beat jeremy in how long he can hold a note. didn't quite do it, but that's still amazing.

Justin's is about 12 seconds, Jeremy's is about 17 seconds. crazy mother fuckers... how do they do it?

Livid

posted on 2005-8-7 at 00:46
because they are amazing, thats why

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-8-7 at 00:51
You 2 are nuts, I think the bridge in To You rules. I love the vocals and that long note is wicked. The vocals are a bit up and down in this recording, but it makes no difference to me. 7/8 and 2/4 is pretty cool in the bridge. It worked well.

To whomever had the pleause to hear this song live, how did they do it? Was it like the recording or did they electric it up like they did with release?

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2005-8-7 at 02:19
i knew i posted it! bizarre how it disappeared though. as for test run - this is off topic but hey - i keep bugging chris to finish it off but i suppose he's yet to get around to it. i'll redouble my efforts.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2005-8-7 at 03:40
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
and i think in To You, Justin was trying to beat jeremy in how long he can hold a note. didn't quite do it, but that's still amazing.

Justin's is about 12 seconds, Jeremy's is about 17 seconds. crazy mother fuckers... how do they do it?

I can do it, not always on key, but I can do it none the less.

Its not really all that hard. You can hold a note for a long time just by minimizing how much air you release from your lungs. I can't begin to describe how cause I dunno how to describe. Its just something I picked up on how to do just by trying to stay w/ it when I sing in the truck. I think though that certain sounds tend to use less releasing of air than others. *shrug* I'm not expert though.

I've managed to hold out much longer than Jeremy's 17 seconds before. I'm pretty sure it sounded like ass though >.>

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-8-7 at 19:56
It also depends on how strong your lungs are, the stronger they are the longer the note can be held. Air is also a key factor, the more air you can get into your lungs the longer you can hold a note. The amount of air you release is also key. I only know this cause I have taken some vocal lessons through my schools. Im not saying im the best at singing but I do know some key things. Also the more traing you have the better you will become, because I know some amazing singers and they still have training for their voice.

I dont think Justin was trying to beat Jer, but thats what I think.

And about the screaming, it was simply amazing live in person.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic

go to top