go to bottom

Author: Subject: Nintendos new sytem's controllers....
_Mezmerize_

Currently listening to: Protest the Hero

posted on 2005-9-16 at 20:53
Nintendos new sytem's controllers....

What a load of crap honestly....

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

Opinions?

Ivan...and no I am not a douchebag like before ask Dez if youd like. AND GET HER TO 5000 POSTS

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-9-16 at 21:46
If you didn't know what it was, I bet you'd think it looks interesting. I had the same initial reaction as you, but now that I've seen it a few times, I'm much more open-minded about its possibilities.

It was supposed to be completely original and I think they've accomplished that succesfully. What you have to do is read the article and realize all the things that the thing can do and I guarantee its looks will make a little more sense. I'm excited to see it in action.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-9-16 at 22:21
it looks pretty retro...

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2005-9-16 at 22:58
very unique. its probably a lot easier to handle than it looks. id love to give it a try, but yeah... it looks like a remote controller

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-9-17 at 00:20
Finally a good method for playing FPS games on consoles. And the basketball thing, I can't wait until I can actually use the thing.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-9-18 at 18:09
i don't see the point of trying to play a FPS on a console when you can just play a version that looks better, sounds better, plays better and is infinitely more adjustable and customisable on a pc. Plus you actually get to play with the classic keyboard/mouse combo. Tekken, on the other hand, must be played solely on the consoles.

ta bi

Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2005-9-19 at 01:06
I've always wondered that. FPSs are much better when it doesn't take you like 7 seconds to aim at a target with some stupid thumb stick.

On topic, I think the controllers look cool. I didn't read the article so if this is mentioned ignore me, but if Nintendo are planning to incorporate a (HD)DVD player or similar, the controller is already a pretty cool remote. I imagine that was an influence in the design.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2005-9-19 at 03:48
it may look dumb (or cool in some peoples opinions) but it can do things no other controler can. its similar to using the gun like w/ the NES Duck Hunt game. you point and click at the screen and it knows where you aimed. this new controler is a lot like that except constatly knowing where your pointing, how far away you are from the screen and at what angle you are sitting (or rather what angle the controler is facing in regaurds to the screen). this provides for very very cool interactive games. like for an fps instead of using a thumbstick to point and aim and what not, you just point the controler at a point on the screen and click similar to duck hunt. in the press release they show many ppl doing various things that look really cool. like fishing games, using the controler as a flashlight for horror games, using the controler to move a character around a screen, playing music (virtually), sword fighting, and fps of course.

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
The_virus

Currently listening to: Heartbeats with a Littmann Classic II S.E.

posted on 2005-9-22 at 18:27
Nintendo always has brilliant features that barely anyone implements, or other companies mimick and improve.

Using the unique features is really up to the game developers. If they come up with lame ideas, you can't really blame Nintendo all the way.

I'm all for originality, but it seems that the design of the "nunchuck controller" is just useless. If the cord is so short that you must hold your hands close together why not just connect them? There's really only one way to hold either end, so it's not like it allows for versatility.

On the plus side, with the cord attatchment method, it doesn't force you to use either your right or left hand for the buttons...you can choose!

There's another pic somewhere of another attatchment for the remote part, it's basically a GameCube controller which has a hollow part the remote goes into in the middle. Remember the old Dreamcast contollers with that removable memory thing? It's like that. Anyway, it seems like a poor design to me if the remote is supposed to be your main unit, but it obviously lacks features and requires all sorts of peripherals if you want something basic like an analog joystick.

The Virus Runs Rampant

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-9-22 at 20:27
The gamecube shell is a mock up, it isn't the official design. Nintendo are creating a "classic design" shell for companies who don't want to use the revolutions main features (which kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me).

The nunchuku design, I'm guessing, will be primarily FPS based, and lets face it for the people who say the cord is too short... it's a greater distance than a regular controller, if you aren't tearing your controller in half trying to widen your hands, why would you do it with the Rev?

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger

go to top