<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: NEW TRACKS TO BE RECORDED
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2006-4-26 at 04:06
here's some under this!

and, while i'm at it, some sick cycle.

i'm just encoding the full tracks from the full quality files now and they should be online very soon.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-26 at 04:21
hurry up!

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-26 at 05:40
tracks are up. get on over to http://www.thelivid.com/storeppd.php

reivax should enjoy the photo i included in the download.

i've unofficially dubbed the EP "Nostalgia EP", although chris insisted on calling it "2006 EP". make your own minds up.

we've just switched paypal accounts and i haven't been able to test the store since. it should work. the worst that could happen if it's broken would be that you pay the money and have to wait until i wake up and see the error emails and debug logs in my inbox so i can fix it and send you a download link. we'll know if you've paid and haven't received anything so you shouldn't need to email me about it. but like i said, it should work.

i'm off to bed.

enjoy.

Chad of Spinstill
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: WTF DO YOU THINK!?

posted on 2006-4-26 at 08:39
For the love of all that is holy! It's 5 am and I just got home from work and I may be one of the first to have these from the store! I am sooooooooooooo amazed by these songs!!!!!
Tearing up big time here in old listowel haha

GET DOWNLOADING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/spinstill
www.spinstill.com
c~

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-4-26 at 11:41
Fucks sakes. I just stole my girls credit card for crying out loud. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I wanted to have these songs so I could listen to them while I'm at work today, but I guess I'm fucked until later. Damn.

What picture did you add, I'm wondering. Could be one I took? Or maybe it's that King of the castle design you made some time ago? I guess I'll wait to see.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

jonnybanks

Currently listening to: the livid of course

posted on 2006-4-26 at 14:12
i just bought the songs.....i was loving the live versions of these before...but this is something else...!!

i'm in the uk, and i was lucky enough to see the guys play when i was in canada, and now this is bringing back all those memories....this is definitely some of their best work...

i swear everyone who listens to this will def feel a little burn in their heart....enjoy!!

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2006-4-26 at 14:16
ok, I don't know if it went through or not. I'm new to using paypal and I only recently got my account set up but this is literally the very first time I've used it to pay. I just followed the steps and paid $7.25 USD (I believe that was the conversion). After it said it went through it said in 10 secs I would be redirected and then nothing happened...so I don't know if it actually worked or not.

*edit*

I just recieved a receipt in my email. It says for the $8 CAD but it says the item is for The Ambition Within (mp3 format). Is it the TAW album with the new songs or did I might have accidently clicked the wrong one? I'm pretty damn sure I didn't click the wrong one though.

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2006-4-26 at 14:27
new tracks

wow.

some of this gives me the same rush as that first listen of broke and crossed back in 02. well done guys, you've quite clearly still got it.

ps- if you're getting ogg vorbis, don't get psyched out by the fact the bill comes up as "ambition within" for $8. it is in fact the EP.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2006-4-26 at 16:53
actually I selected mp3 format. I figure thats just how its listed and that its not actually a problem, but I just wanted to be sure.

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-26 at 17:05
quotation:
Originally posted by Adidas
I just recieved a receipt in my email. It says for the $8 CAD but it says the item is for The Ambition Within (mp3 format). Is it the TAW album with the new songs or did I might have accidently clicked the wrong one? I'm pretty damn sure I didn't click the wrong one though.

quotation:
Originally posted by machine gun blues
ps- if you're getting ogg vorbis, don't get psyched out by the fact the bill comes up as "ambition within" for $8. it is in fact the EP.

guess i slipped up with a name somewhere... ooops yeah found it. sorry about that, it's fixed though. it was only in the paypal shopping cart where it was getting named wrongly - the item number was correct so you would still be downloading the right file.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-26 at 21:45
You know that feeling when, for instance, there's a TV show you love and you have all of the episodes available to watch at anytime, but you refuse to watch that last episode because then it'll be done forever and it will never be new again? I had a similar feeling with this. I'd almost just like to lock up these songs in some sort of vault and keep them there so The Livid will always have something available that's new to me. Of course, I didn't do that and I've already gone through listening to all the songs more than once. I will be at it all night listening to these and gushing about it to everyone I know until someone hits me because I've repeated myself too much.

I didn't think I'd have another occasion where I could get these feelings back, so I thank Chris and the band for this. Anticipation is a great feeling. I've grown to appreciate it. Hell, sometimes overwhelming anticipation can be better than the thing you're waiting for. Not in this case, of course. When it ended I got a bit upset. It's not a feeling I expected until it came, then I just begged that there'd be one more song left. Oh, god, I'm so pathetic.

Thank you so much. Now, all I can say is....One More Show! Speaking of which I had a dream the other night where there was one more show, and I didn't know about it until it was over. More of a nightmare than a dream, really...

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-26 at 22:07
i was waiting for you to post - saw your girlfriend's name go through the database

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-26 at 22:16
Yeah, just got home from work. It'd have been sweet to get them this morning, but I was having problems. I realized that the issue was that I put spaces between the sets of card numbers and I wasn't supposed to.

Great stuff. After listening about 4 times each, I've found that I enjoy Remembering Never the best of all the recordings. It wasn't my favourite before, but I like it alot more now. They're all amazing, but Remembering Never just sounds alot better than I remembered it.

Oh, and the picture. I guess that's one that I took? It's hard to remember. I've seen so many. It's possible my sister took it. She had better luck at capturing the good shots.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-26 at 22:20
well it was in a folder on my computer titled "reivax" so it was from your camera.

anyone who hasn't bought the songs yet, you can hear all of my curse on www.audiostreet.net/thelivid

i'm enjoying sick cycle most at the moment.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-26 at 22:32
Yeah, Sick Cycle is my favourite of the 4 songs without a doubt. It's one of the best things written by the band. It's a very powerful live song and I think that's a good reason why I adore it.

Adam, if you read this, you should put one of the songs on the myspace account and maybe mention somewhere that the new songs are available to purchase. Just a thought.

I completely forgot about audiostreet. I'll have to take a look at that.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-27 at 00:00
i have to wait for my dad to get home so i can steal his credit card

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2006-4-27 at 15:54
one last show.

seriously. if i have to pay for it myself, i'm almost willing to do it.

you won't let me down...

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-27 at 23:23
Realistically, I'd pay around $500 to see these guys again. Even for just a short 8 song show. I don't give a fuck. Even though I was lucky enough to seem them play their last show, it just sucks that it wasn't a "final show". If you catch what I'm saying...

And, without a doubt I would help pay for the show if that ever was the issue, but I know that's not the case. I know there's plenty of people on here that have said the same thing.

Livid

Currently listening to: Eclectic Approach

posted on 2006-4-27 at 23:23
was this just to make their new songs official, and on a cd? or is there maybe some chance of someday HOPEFULLY getting back together??????? oh man how i hope god answers these prayers

If KoolAid had a fanclub, I'd be in it

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-27 at 23:45
It was really just so the songs could get recorded properly, like any good song should. And getting this is far more than I could have imagined getting after the band broke up.

I never consider in my head the band is getting back together. As great as it would be, it's just not gonna happen. I know Justin is very commited to Faithdown, and that's great. I've seen the band a few times now, and they really seem to be excited with the bands future. They've got some amazing tunes that will be recorded soon enough that I'm really excited for. It also just seemed that Chris was just done with The Livid and wanted to move on, and that's something you've gotta respect. If the bands isn't all on the same page, it's just gonna end up being disaster at some point or another. And it's better to end it before that does happen.

On another note, I got the ogg versions of the songs. Simply because it's supposedly better quality. I have a question, though. Can I burn these files on a CD as they are? Or do I have to turn them into some other type first? I'm only concerned because I only have one cd-r right now and I don't want to fuck it up....

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-28 at 02:35
they should go on without a problem. if your cd burning software doesn't recognise them, you could either get some better cd burning software (there are free open source programs that do a great job) or convert the tracks to wave. don't turn them into another lossy format or you'll lose quality.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-28 at 04:37
I extracted the files now how do I play them!

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-28 at 04:39
how do u use these ogg files

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-28 at 05:01
itunes doesn't natively support ogg vorbis. i sorted this out with jorge over msn - there are plugins to give ogg vorbis support to windows media player, itunes and nero cd burner at http://kano.net/ogg/ - the nero one might be of use to you, reivax.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-28 at 05:07
thanks alot bart. These songs are just Tremendous

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top