go to bottom

Author: Subject: Well good evening...
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2006-2-16 at 02:39
Well good evening...

Howdy everybody, how's it hangin? Just thought I'd pop in and catch up on the old times. Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, Happy Chineese New Year and anything else you've celebrated recently, to all! Maybe you had a birthday. Big ups, yo!

Anywho..So what's news with me you ask? Ah nothing really. Just kinda bumming around and all that jazz. Went on a 5 day canoe trip with my Leadership class in late September which turned out to be bomb! In my final semester now and looking to progress into criminal justice or journalism. For all I know, I'm single; this girl that I was seeing for a while and I have decided that the distance between us was too much and so now we're just friends. Finally, I freakin killed my first semester of grade 12. Pulled a slutty 90% avg. Yes, slutty.

ANY fuckin who...The point of this thread was to ask: What the hell do you guys think of Jack Johnson?

Personally, he's inspired me to pick up my acoustic again and re-think the way I go about my daily activities. Also, he's hipped me to a much more broader span of music and genre's. Pretty chillin stuff.

If you haven't seen his Jack Johnson and friends: Live At The Greek Dvd, I suggest you get it. Some un-real stuff.

Looks like Paige is looking beautiful as always. We doing Erin Millsa again?
G-Diddy is drunk, again. Looks to be on the roids from that earlier pic. Shit man.
Ian, how's those bikes coming budday? Mines hangin from a wall, because of this sluggish winter.
Chris Luyk- If you're still bootin' around town..You're music is still an inspiration to me man. You were just like an older brother to me. Soo chills. What's news?
Dez- Interesting little girl she is...I talk to her fairly regularly though

To the Brits- What's happenin boys and girls? You kids still rockin across that big ol' pond?

If Sin's still chillin around here, how's it goin dude? Sportin a tan, I hope. How about that new Aussie couple of Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman? Shittttt.

To anyone I forgot- Please feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to respond.

Jack Johnson anyone? Oh yes, I've really gotten into country music as well.

I think you guys will all like Joe Nichols- Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off.. Pretty stellar song.

Peace,
-PIS

P.s- I haven't checked for spelling..Just for old time sakes.

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-2-16 at 04:28
What's up, man? Good to hear from you. Glad everything seems to be going good for you. Everyone on here is starting to get older and older. It's pretty crazy.

My life is relatively the same as it always was. Just getting older, is all. I'm sure I'll give a worthy update here if any significant happens in my life. For now, It's nice hearing about all of you guys.

I know it's pretty strange around here, but I always feel like there is going to be a rebirth of this place sometime down the road. It wont be like it was before, but I still think some fresh new Schembri project could bring us all together one day again. I'm sure we all still use the internet and frequent a forum here and there, so why the hell couldn't it happen?

One way or another, I think it's still going to be a long while before this place actually dies and we forget about it. I mean, the band broke up, like, 7 months ago. And we're still all lurking around here.

Oh, and I'm not the biggest fan of Jack Johnson from what I've heard, but I don't dislike him. Maybe oen day I'll give him a solid chance and really see what I think. Oh, and thanks for the nice words about my music. Whatever I composed years back is extremely embarrassing to me now, but I still have pride in it in some way. It's nice to see how I've progressed over time. I think I'm getting better, but I've got a long way to go.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

lenny

Currently listening to: Dave Matthews Band

posted on 2006-2-16 at 07:24
Love JJ

I'm a massive JJ fan. Such a down to earth guy and awesome song writer. The kind of musician you can listen to ova and ova again and not get sick of any of the songs! Love 'em all! So glad he bought out the Live Greek DVD. Great to watch the master at work. He has a huge following here in Australia. Growing all the time. Also like John Butler Trio and Pete Murray.

Lenny J

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2006-2-16 at 08:11
Yo PIS, good to hear from ya. yeah i've been trying to bike a bit. couldn't get around to it in the last couple of weeks cause of my movie, but im planning on going for at least 2 rides on my upcoming 4 day weekend. President's day here in America doncha know.

jack johnson... I really love his music, and really like the direction he's taken since his first album. i havent heard the curious george soundtrack, but i really like in between dreams. it's mellow, but really up beat. I have seen the Live at the Greek too, it's good stuff, i actually got to see it on the big screen which was pretty cool. I know a lot of people think all of his songs sound the same, and i think that's fine, i just really like it, however in his new song upsidedown, hes beginning to recycle melodies from previous material. that's not cool. But I think i'll always feel a bit of a special connection to his music, because i discovered his first album before he got famous, and him being a Santa Barbara local and all.

and Chris, i too think these boards will come back some day. at least i hope so.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

go to top