go to bottom

Author: Subject: band members
emanon

Currently listening to: Sixteenth

posted on 2003-5-30 at 22:15
band members

im a little behind i guess, last time i saw the site, it was the simple page and they were lookin for a new singer i think...so im guessin they got a new one..is everybody else the same? oh, and does the new singer sound like the old or better?

shiftyroach

Currently listening to: Feist

posted on 2003-5-30 at 23:10
Everyone is new except for Chris. Justin IMO sounds better, but I'm not putting down Jeremy at all.

can I find my faults // leave them and start // to find myself?

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2003-5-31 at 01:13
not to say the new The Livid is worse than the old, but i think i perfered the old band over the new band and i bet alot of ppl feel the same way. thats not to say the new band isnt great. cause they freakin rock. they are extreamly good. like a 20 on a scale of 1-10, but i would say the old band was like a 21 on the same scale

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
Malo B

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-5-31 at 03:58
Ya old Livid had some cool stuff, but new Livid has a much better sound.

Malo B

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-5-31 at 10:33
I agree with Malo B

The new Livid has a much better sound

And I'm enjoying Justins voice in Sink

www.westpointrock.com

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-5-31 at 19:47
Justin's voice is more of a pop voice than a rock voice. It's got that pop flavour you heard in Velvet Empire and groups like that. That's the only down point in my opinion, but he's fantastic all the same. I think he'll get more into it as time goes on
Check out The Livid's three newest recordings - Sink, Shaded and Release acoustic at http://www.mp3.com/thelivid to hear the new lineup.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-5-31 at 20:28
new Livid

I don't think you can really compare the new Livid to the old Livid... While they are obviously very similar, they are also very different. The new songs have a different feel to them than the old ones. Both lineups rocked house, albeit in different ways.

www.sluggy.com

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2003-5-31 at 21:15
i think all around, they were both good. I didn't know what to expect with Justin, be he is awesome!!!

LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2003-6-1 at 07:38
Hey Adidas. I think you have to see the band live to understand what these kids are talking about. Old livid live wasn't really the same band that you heard on the recordings. We weren't really playing at a professional level. There was a lot of production involved in the old recordings. That band used to rehearse 2 to 3 times a month at the most. We only played about 10 shows a year. Our inability to reproduce our sound live was a major factor in us going our separate ways. The new lineup rehearses about 8 to 10 times a month, and plays 3 times a month. So to the fans who've seen both bands live, it's big difference. You probably just liked Jeremy's voice better. But hey, everyone's got an opinion.

theo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: eric gold/dire straites

posted on 2003-6-1 at 10:08
you could see that coming through in a couple of songs: I felt that Jeremy was having to strain his voice too much in order to hit the notes, the result of this being a less fluid performance - i tnk Broke and Crossed provides a gd example of him doing that. On the note of Justin, i don't necessarily think he has a pop voice, i don't know really, but i personally thought it sounded much less pop than Jeremy's for instance. Jeff K was telling me the other day that they lost their singer from his band, Westpoint. He was telling me that his voice was a little too 'pop' for their liking, i can see what he means there, but at times his voice sounds more rock-like. ok ok im talking c**p now, but IMO Justin does not sing pop...

p.s. meant to add, that i tnk at times Justin does not quite pronouce the words he is singing fully, this does have an effect, but could annoy some pep...

[Edited on 1-6-03 by theo]

Alternate-rock king!

http://www.joski.co.uk

http://www.vexred.com

go to top