go to bottom

Author: Subject: BLACKOUT!!!!
Mat L
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: sublime

posted on 2003-8-15 at 16:30
BLACKOUT!!!!

Man what a funny day yersterday. i get on the GO to go back from work. i got stuck between the oakville and clarkson GO station for about 1 hour and a half. then i go to the bus terminal and i see the bus im supposed to take starting to leave so i run after it and it was the wrong route so instead of going north i went south. i was stranded with no way of calling home or a ride i finally went to a friends house and his parents were drunk and they drove me home going threw every intersection without stopping. we almost got hit twice. then all my food in the fridge went bad. WHAT A DAY!

Elisha Cuthbert owns you

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2003-8-15 at 19:47
I was at Canada's Wonderland on the stand-up rollercoaster when it happened. I was stuck upside down for an hour before they came and got us down . Then my friends purse got stolen and her cell was in it so we couldn't call home for a ride. The payphones weren't working and I was out of money. I eventually got home around 11 p.m, though.

Worst part about being stuck there for 7 hours was that I have Hypoglycemia and it was acting up because I was nervous and I had only eaten a slushie and I couldn't get any food because everything was closed .

[Edited on 15-8-03 by Paige_x0x]

allison
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Breach of Trust

posted on 2003-8-15 at 20:21
Ouch, stranded on the stand-up roller coaster? That sucks. I never thought about the mayhem that would ensue at Canada's Wonderland without power! Regardless, I think this is the funniest "disaster" that has struck Canada in a long time. We are so useless without power!

shiftyroach

Currently listening to: Feist

posted on 2003-8-15 at 22:51
Morons kept calling in about their damn cable being out even though they had no power!! Customers are so f*cking stupid!!

In light of all this, this was my first time seeing a fully star-lit sky in Canada. Being a city slicker, the only other time I've seen such a beautiful midnight was in the Nevada desert in '99.

It was a pleasure to see the public helping out where they could. The folks handing out water bottles on the street, motorists respecting one another and those brave souls directing traffic where the cops forgot. Warms your heart.

can I find my faults // leave them and start // to find myself?

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2003-8-16 at 01:41
I know, yesterday everyone was out on the streets. It was so quiet and neighbours were all talking...how nice. But im glad it came on today. My house was so hot ew it was hard to move without breaking out in a sweat.

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-8-16 at 12:38
Is all the power all over they place back on now? Do they know what caused it? They don't give us much details over in the UK, they just basically say it happened.

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-8-16 at 17:07
I was at work when the power went out. Just got to go home a bit early. The night was fun tho... I watched fireworks on the beach, sat around a campfire and went swimming... the stars are beautiful (and mars... did anyone see the meteror shower?) The power's back but is ocassionally going off... and i think they said a system crash in a power plant in the states caused it... my theory is that they got that new virus... o_O

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2003-8-17 at 01:52
i know if a power plant in the states went out holy crap..i have one looking at me out my window...but it doesnt seem to do much

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-8-17 at 03:37
some place in Idaho had a fire. Which cause all power to be wiped out across the eastern sea board. It's kind of odd that this would happen. Being the conspiracy freak that I am, maybe 'the powers that be' did it so we couldn't see something come in, or go out. Any ideas? All that I know, is that I was in my pool.

one last show.

FireStormX

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-8-18 at 21:13
I'm glad I was at the Maritimes when all this happened.

If a man has nothing worth dying for, he is not living. With this one special person, I have learned to live.

mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-8-19 at 00:19
lol chris, as for conspiracies, the power out was government planned since we havent paid attention to their 'conserve your energy' campaigns, they decided to freak us out, and make us take precautions so that it 'doesn't happen again'

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-9-3 at 19:41
I SAW A SHOOTING STAR N I MADE A WISH CAUSE IM A LOSER WHO STAYED UP LIKE ALL NITE!!!!!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-9-3 at 20:04
there was a meteor shower a few days before (i think it was that week) i saw tons of "shooting stars" cause i was at my cottage.... its wikked to see the stars when its that dark... there would have been a similar effect in the city since there weren't any lights

go to top