go to bottom

Author: Subject: Reckless and Falling Behind tabs
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-10-10 at 18:32
Reckless and Falling Behind tabs

New official tabs on the tabs page. I did the Reckless one and Chris checked it through and corrected a couple of things. Falling Behind was originally tabbed by Chris in Word, and I transferred it to Power Tab. Have fun.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-10-10 at 21:22
Ahh shucks.. No lyrics. Its kinda hard to pin-point where he's playing w/o lyrics. DAMN U BART! But, thanks for getting those up man. The into is less complex than I thought it would be.

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2003-10-10 at 21:58
That's really cool. I wish I knew those songs. I guess I will have to give them a listen.

I was wondering when you think the e.t.a. is for the other songs that have been "soonish" for so long? I would love to learn how to play watch it die.

I think I'm going to try and learn how to play "Reach" and tab it out, I'm finding this tabbing thing quite fun.
If some way, some how you could get Chris to look over my first tab and tell you a couple of mistakes, that would be wonderful. I'm positive there are a few.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-10 at 22:13
A delayed forum welcome.. But ya, do the Reach tab dude.. I'd love to learn how to play that song. You can submit tabs that you've done yourself (w/ mistakes or not) under the tablature section. Just pm LividChris to get corrections or tunings.

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-10-10 at 23:14
Nope - LividChris has requested that you don't PM him with tabs, please. He's way too busy these days. You can still submit tabs though (via the email address on the tabs page) - but they won't become official and be fully corrected unless they are already very, very accurate.

Regarding the tabs for Watch it Die and Egzit (and Release acoustic now), the ETA is soon. ish.

And regarding lyrics on the tabs, that's very hard to do with Power Tab. But I recommend downloading the Power Tab editor so you can listen to the tabs as you watch. You can easily tell what's where that way.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-10 at 23:41
Soon.ish- alright thats good enough for me. Where can you d/l powertab?

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-10-11 at 01:39
Hey, Ibanez, what's up? Ya, I already submitted Broke and Crossed a little while ago. And I just started learning Reach today. I think I got the intro already.

I never planned on emailing LividChris, I wouldn't expect a response, anyway. But I'm sure the guy isn't, you know, rockstar busy.

IYou have obviously been in this forum for a while, I'm surprised that you haven't downloaded the power tab editor yet. I think it is the greatest thing ever. I have written out many songs of my own, and it looks like professional sheet music. I'm not sure of the exact website name but im sure it's easy to find. You know, by typing the word pteditor in yahoo or something like that.

Anyway, since you are obviously a guitar player, how long have you been playing, what do you play (ibanez, maybe?), what do you like to play.....? You too, Bart, what are you're guitar stats? I love talking guitar....hope ya don't mind.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-11 at 13:13
I'm good Reivax, thnx for askin. Awesome, I got the powertab thing working now, thanks for the tip.

To anwser your question... I've been playing for about a year now. hmm maybe Ibanez.. but I also got an acoustic Washburn that I just bought. I love playing anything by Metallica, some Staind(acoustic), Rage, SOAD and anything else that sounds cool.

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-10-11 at 16:10
I play an Ibanez 440R (which LividChris was about to buy from ebay in the UK but then he decided to get something closer to home). I play through various Boss pedals into a Peavey Bandit 112 amp. I play a lot of The Livid, Mudvayne, InMe, Incubus and Killswitch Engage. I've got a fairly crap acoustic guitar too.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-10-11 at 16:18
Sweet. I'm guessing I have been playing for maybe 6 or 7 years, Since I was in grade ten, now I am 22. I love to challenge myself and play the hardest things out there, like, Joe Satriani or malmsteen, even some classical stuff like canon in D. I think you will find that later when you play, you wont really want to play other peoples songs, it gets kinda boring (with the obvious exeptions) and you will just want to play and write stuff of you rown. At least I found that to be true.

I play an ibanez, too. A really cheap one, it was a trade for a yamaha acoustic I had. I got the guys amp and everything. He still got the better deal, but I needed an electric again. I also have a black fender 12 string, which is fun, but there is only so much you can do with a 12 before it gets boring.

What rage songs do you like to play, I always found rage to be impossible to play, because I didn't have a whammy pedal. So it never sounded good. You should try playing "orion" or "to live is to die" by metallica. Those are really fun, but not too hard to play.

How are you finding the livid songs? Have you tried to play them yet? I think next to, maybe "emotion sickness" by silverchair and "orion" by metallica these are some of the funnest songs to just play on guitar by yourself. Especially Sink.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-10-11 at 16:28
That's funny, you and I posted at about the same time, Tremendous. I actually put a few bids on ebay yesterday for an Ibanez JS100 and 1000. They are giong for incredibly cheap right now. Seeing as those guitars cost aprox. 900 and 1700 dollars in Canada. I think they have the most beautifully shaped bodies on a guitar. and they have great necks for soloing. I really just love ibanez guitars in general.

Do you write any of your own songs on the PTeditor? Just wondering, because I always like to hear other peoples work. I have 3 of my own songs I have written on it, myself.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-11 at 17:07
That's awesome how much you can play. Since I haven't even been playing for a year, I'll stick to other's songs. Or, I'll just screw around and find something that I like.. and just add to that. I haven't gotten to far into PT, cuz I'm still learning how to use it(although its pretty easy). Thnx Bart, u reminded me to pick up Incubus' CD, cuz I wanna learn Stellar and Wish You Were here.

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-10-11 at 17:30
Stellar and Wish You Were Here are on seperate CDs mate. Stellar on Make Yourself, Wish You Were Here on Morning View. I definitely recommend Make Yourself if you're going to get just one. Incubus is the band that made me want to play guitar - Drive and Pardon Me Acoustic were the first songs I learnt. I've been teaching myself for almost 2 years now.
Better get back on topic fairly soon - what do you guys think of the new tabs here on the site?

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-11 at 17:51
Ahh shucks... The tabs are awesome... I really hope that people start sending in their own tabs. Question- Can we send in like intro's to songs that we've figured out? But anywho, I'd love to see Release or Reach up on the site soon.

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-10-12 at 02:48
The new tabs are great. Congrats on learning that song, that's quite impressive. Even if you did have some help. Keep the tabs coming. The more the better.

I will continue learning reach for you, I haven't had much time to play lately, but I have a few days off to play now, so hopefully I can figure it out. If anybody knows some of the chorus that would be great, maybe we could work together on that song or others.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-10-12 at 05:33
dont worry tremendous, ill make it short-Ive been playing for about 3 years, i have an ibanez that i love, and a rare (very small) gibson acuostic, and i like to play songs by the livid, incubus, foo fighters, and hendrix to name a few.

I have to say that my two fav. bands are the livid and incubus. i cant decide between make yourself and morning veiw.

and keep the tabs coming. the more livid songs i can play the better.

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-12 at 11:44
You need to change the guitars on a few of the songs... "Shaded" needs to be changed to distortion along with "Reckless"... and you need to change Guitar 2 on "Falling Behind" to Electric Jazz... sounds a whole lot better... plus you have distortion and electric there...

[Edited on 14-10-03 by nickelback_2202]

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

thelividfan

Currently listening to: Livid EP

posted on 2003-10-12 at 13:21
I think the tabs are great!! I cant wait for new stuff to come along, maybe one day they will tab out I COULD FALL! that would be pro!!
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-10-12 at 13:23
^^Yes what he said^^ The Livid w/o electric jazz is just like cereal w/o milk. What a terrible thought.

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-10-12 at 22:10
Chris and I had decided that we'd keep it on the acoustic sounds for the Power Tab files - the point of a tab is it teaches you the song, and the acoustic sound means you can hear what's going on better. Besides, distortion guitars sound terrible in MIDI. You can feel free to change the sounds to suit yourself though.
quotation:
Even if you did have some help

In my defence, I tabbed all of Reckless myself, and then Chris had a look and changed two minor things. That was all. So there.

Kevinnn

Currently listening to: One

posted on 2003-10-14 at 00:23
i think the tabs are fine. im trying reckless but some parts are hard (for me). good job bart/chris.

"Ah'd trade mah wife before ah'd trade ma GIT-tahr"

LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2003-10-14 at 02:38
Just a little tip. You can change the sound of the guitars to whatever it is you want in this program. I chose nylon string acoustic cuz you can hear everything crystal clear. Come on nickelback, use your noggin.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-10-14 at 05:39
Well, I hope you didn't take that as an offense, Bart. It was meant to be a compliment. I had no idea how much he helped, even if he helped alot more, that's still impressive.

I agree that using whatever sound there is on the program sounds pretty much just as good. Maybe what the other's were talking about was the fact that if someone were just reading the tabs that were printed out, maybe it would help if they knew what sound to go for. However, anyone that is learning the sounds probably already know what the sounds are and where they change.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-10-14 at 08:58
Heh no of course not. No worries.

go to top