go to bottom

Author: Subject: regarding Adam and Christian...
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-10-27 at 07:10
regarding Adam and Christian...

Chris and Justin are awesome and all, but i want of hear more from Adam and Christian. some bass solos... some cool fills... i dunno, something more...

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-10-27 at 13:45
Yeah, that would be cool, though if you'll notice there's some cool bass in I Could Fall and Release, with variations and stuff in the verses.

The drums are a little less standoutish, though I reckon that could change since with every song released this band just keeps pushing the boundaries, and Adam definitely seems capable of a fill here and there. It's noticable again in the newer songs that the drums are starting to play a larger part in the band, which is really good to see, because drums are generally the most underrated instrument.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
theo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: eric gold/dire straites

posted on 2003-10-27 at 14:13
drums need a bit of work...
but sound good on Release and better on I Could Fall i guess. wouldn't really know about the bass, but i guess they the two do go almost hand in hand really (i mean with a shite bassline it'll naturally be a weaker drum line or vice-versa to a certain extent).

I've shown the tracks to quite a few now, and one guy says he could nearly be into the livid - he loves the guitar parts and all, but finds it a bit pop baladish or something. i can kinda see where he's coming from, but hopefully the new tracks will convince him otherwise...

Alternate-rock king!

http://www.joski.co.uk

http://www.vexred.com

satan

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2003-10-27 at 14:29
i think the drumming is excellent in those songs! obviously adam is definitely capable of much more, but it seems that they just do whats right for the song. hear the first thing that happens in i could fall? thats fucking cool!
maybe they all do solos live? that would be sick!

[Edited on 27-10-03 by satan]

curbside_gal
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the illP

posted on 2003-10-27 at 20:41
I luv Adam's Style!! i know there are some better drummers out there *cough*GEM*cough*, but his beats are sooo tite! OMG to watch him live is hard core, he's just so into the songs, i've never heard him miss a beat!

{Hocus Pocus i'm losing focus - you knock me off of my feet with your kiss - Ain't got no reason to compromise when i'm with u i'm in paradise } Rides Again ... rides ... again???

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-10-27 at 21:09
Hm I dunno, I never watch Adam live cuz im not a drummer. I just ususally watch Chris and cry b/c he's so much more better than me... or rather, all of us. But ya- It's official, I'm prob. not gonna go to the show . But I'm gonna see if I can come late to the party that I'm supposed 2 go 2.

one last show.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2003-10-27 at 21:19
CHRIIIIIIS! ahhh u not comin? shame shame.....

but yeah, i think adam is an awesome drummer.

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-10-27 at 22:24
Chritian is wicked at bass, and Adam in awsome at drums... they make the perfect rhythm section of the band... they play an important role in making the whole band sound amazing.... (Hey Snap does that remind you of a certain lecture i was given, by F?)

[Edited on 27-10-03 by mi]

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-10-27 at 23:29
I wasnt doubting their skill or talent, i was just saying maybe chris could tone it down during one of the bridges and Adam and Christian could throw in a few solos or something. it was just a thought. but Adam and Christian are both incredable musicians, INCREDABLE!

And im sure that we all wish we could be as good as Chris, but for most it's just not gunna happen.

[Edited on 27-10-03 by armour_guitarist]

Some things take more than a lifetime.

curbside_gal
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the illP

posted on 2003-10-28 at 00:45
why yes amanda yes it does... and no matter what F says i'll never be as good as devon, just like i'll never be as good as chris!! but thats not such a bad thing ... when you think about it you could still be miles behind chris musically, or any of the dudes in the livid 4 that matter, and still be damn good @ whatever you do, ponder that 4 a while!

{Hocus Pocus i'm losing focus - you knock me off of my feet with your kiss - Ain't got no reason to compromise when i'm with u i'm in paradise } Rides Again ... rides ... again???

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-10-29 at 04:04
I don't think bass solos would fit at all. I think Christian has it spot on -- he does some nice bass fills and other little bits you only notice if you're looking for them. Same story with the drums -- I don't think huge drum solos would sound good at all either.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-10-29 at 04:10
I like drun solos to start off a song. Not so much crazy really fast drumming, but just a bit of rhythm with an awesome fill to lead in the other instruments, I actually prefer drum intros to guitar intros, but hey that's just me.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-10-30 at 10:26
that's because drums are the überinstrument.

ta bi

go to top