go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
Author: Subject: Say What You Want!
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:37
weird everytime on my computer it shows up like that whenever someone says ass or fuck....and then i can click on it like its a lin kbut it just goes to a blank screen. I thought it was something with the site but nah my computer is just fucked. k sorry guys
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:41
It is alright, my child.

You are forgiven..

(nope, im not on drugs)
dez

you won't let me down...

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:47
thats strange.... but interesting, i wonder why?

i wish it were easier to find CDs.... i went out in search of the Catch 22 CD last week the day after it was due out, and was told by people at HMV that they weren't gonna get it till today.... Sunrise said they wont get it... and future shop said the same thing.... it bothers me that i have to wait an extra week/ have to hunt down a CD

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:51
the hardest cd for me to get a hold of was the thirteenth step by a perfect circle that was a bitch to get
little_lady

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:51
Oh yeah? Well I bought "meteora" today...dun dun dunnnn

And, yeah, that's totally off topic......

Sucks you couldnt get ahold of catch22 hun!

you won't let me down...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:53
that cd kinda grew on me i hated it when i first heard it but now i like atleast half those songs
mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-11-12 at 03:53
.... well im gonna check with HMV again tomorrow at lunch or something..... if all else fails there is ordering online

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2003-11-12 at 12:18
Stay away from HMV people, it's the devil. The most overpriced CD store ever! I worked there for a little and alot of the times even when I got my CD's at cost, I could get them at Future Shop for cheaper. It's ridiculous. I realize the flashy lights, well put together store and abundance of CD's suck you in, but do your best to avoid that. I'm only being a little serious, but I really do hate that place.

I think most people would agree with the APC cd being one of those Cd's that grows on you. It happened to me too.

Speakind of all these Cd's and such it's been reminding me of the shitty year of purchasing music I have had.
Theoretically it should have been the best year for music because almost all of my favourite bands and bands that I think are pretty good put out a new cd this year. For example:

Deftones
Linkin Park
Cold
Finger Eleven
Metallica
APC
Apocalyptica
Era
pearl jam (came out less than a year ago I think)
I know there are a few more, I can't think well right now. I'm not saying they are all horrible, but I was at least dissapointed with them all at first (except cold, I love that CD!). Deftones blew my mind with the first track and kinda went downhill from then on, Linkin Park was blah, not anything special there and I didn't get the dvd, I didn't buy the metallica cd cause I heard friend play it and I would rather watch a toilet bowl then listen to that shit, APC is good but still doesn't come close to what I expected, apocalyptica was good but didn't blow my mind like the other 3 cd's did and era, since no one hear knows what the is, no reason saying anything. Pearl Jam is probably my favourite band. They still have talent but they should really should have called it off after Yeild. Binaural was OK, but Riot Act had one or two decent songs. I think they have a new one coming out real soon..can't wait.

Finger Eleven gets a new paragraph. I have probably never been more dissapointed with a cd in my life. I was piss bored from the get go. They changed everything about themselves that made them good. It's ok to change, but not when you don't do it right. It's also ok to write mellow slow songs, but I think "one thing" has the least amount of emotion in have heard in a song, compared to their other slower songs like "awake and dreaming" and "swallowtail". They are more succesful than ever and I think they have the fewest amount of real fans than they have ever had. I will never say they sold out because I don't use those words, but I'm pretty sure that's the feeling from most people that used to love them. They were definitely top 3 favourite bands since '97 for me. But it did come with a cool dvd.

Shoulda been a good year, for sure. This could be a good topic discussing the years music....

Not quite at 1000, Dez. Keep going, girly.

little_lady

posted on 2003-11-12 at 13:11
The "girly" is feeling sick today (yes, i can hear you all crying haha jks)

This year's music...........TWO WORDS

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

I mean, was this his year or what?! He's won so many awards, been on a million different shows, his songs are always playing, so are his videos....

this makes a VERY VERY...VERY happy Dez!

Honestly, Mr. Timberlake could kidnap me and take me to a far away land...ANYDAY!

(we'd be so happy together)
(shut up chris, I know you're laughing)
Dez

you won't let me down...

3 Chambered Heart

Currently listening to: ThE LiViD/AlIeN AnT FaRm

posted on 2003-11-12 at 13:42
I really have nothing relevent to say I Just wanted to see how my avatar looks.....sorry for the interuption....carry on...lol

I was created by Echo, but destroyed by Design

3 Chambered Heart

posted on 2003-11-12 at 13:44
and as it turns out....you can't even tell what it is....meh.. oh well....lol

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-11-12 at 16:21
I didn't even know what an avatar was until you posted that. So, I decided to do my own. I took a picture of myself doing a 7 fret stretch. I guess it looks ok, but it looks like I can't change it. Well, that's alright I guess. I wish I put something cool.

[Edited on 12-11-03 by Reivax]

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-11-12 at 17:15
Music for me this year has been a mixed bag. Metallica's newie made me cry, the new one by Muse, Absolution, has a few good somgs on it, not on a par with Origin of Symmetry though.

I was disappointed with Linkin Park and Pearl Jam's new ones. I love Birds of Pray (Live, if you didn't know). The Chili Peppers remasters, while I wouldn't recommend them to someone who isn't a massive fan, I bought all four even though I had 3 of the original albums (I cannot for the life of me find the original self-titled album ANYWHERE in Oz). The bonus tracks are pretty good too, though some are sub par (like the longer versions of songs, I can understand why they were cut back).

The last one is Zebrahead's newie, MFZB, I like this album, only one song I don't like (IMHO Type A sucks barbeque sauce off of a donkeys nuts), even though nowhere here sold it I managed to snatch a copy off amazon.com for like 12.50 US, which worked out slightly more than a normal cd here (factoring in the extra for shipping), but less than an import cd (Playmate of the Year, the previous ZH album, cost me 45 to import).

Well there you have it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-11-12 at 18:14
SideO: I don't know what the hell's going on with that black and yellow underline stuff. That's on your end, because there are no words at all in this forum's word filter, and it doesn't happen for anyone else. Do you have parental control on your browser or something strange like that?
3CH, no, I can't tell what that avatar is. Looks like it is your wallpaper though. Crop it to fill as much of the image as possible with the picture, and crop it to a square to get the biggest avatar possible. Then upload it again.
Reivax, how far up the neck are you stretching 7 frets? from 1 to 8? If so, that's crazy. Anyway, you can upload it again, there's nothing stopping you. Or is there? Tell me if there is.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-11-12 at 18:19
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
but it looks like I can't change it. Well, that's alright I guess. I wish I put something cool.

im soo mad my comp wont let me change mine so thats why mr. smiley face that licks who evers screen is no longer there!!! grrr im soo mad!!

im getting my pics from when i was little tomorrow!! YAY ME!! cause im gonna use it for my msn!!

i feel special cause i set up my comp last nite @ 12:30am cause the comp i usually use is my fams!! but i dont gots the internet on my comp but hopefully i can soon!!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
3 Chambered Heart

posted on 2003-11-12 at 18:20
To be honest I have to agree with Sin, while some good things did appear on the music scene this year, they were few and far between, i.e. Metallica St. Anger...
What a cop out, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich decided to save a buck or 2 by producing the album and it is (in my humble opinion) the biggest pantload I have ever wasted 4 min listening to in my entire life. There was so much bandwagon jumping this year, bands like Sam Roberts jumping the Janes addiction sound from like 5-10 years ago and this seems to pass for top 30 hits....I am terribly sorry kids but even I can string together a set of 4 chords on an acoustic and produce my own album...but that is not gonna make me millions of dollars.
It just feels like alot of bands this year kind of decided it was not a good year to make music so instead we will ride our already established name and put out a god awful brutal record and claim we are changing our format to keep up with todays listeners....argh makes me kind of ill.....
anyways I for the most part feel this year in "mainstream music" (excluding The Livid of course) was a giant pantload.
but tks for listening.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-11-12 at 18:30
Bart, in that little pick it's nearly 8. But due to the awkward position of where my guitar is and how I am sitting you can only go so far. I do realize that if I hold it the right way I can touch the end of the first and the beggining of the eighth...barely. It's kinda like doing splits with your first and fourth fingers. But really you can't do anything with that kind of stretch, anyway.
And I'm guessing that it's my computers fault why it didn't work when I tried to change it. It's had some problems lately. I'll try later, the pic is fine for now.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-11-12 at 22:08
quotation:
Originally posted by little_lady
The "girly" is feeling sick today (yes, i can hear you all crying haha jks)

This year's music...........TWO WORDS

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

I mean, was this his year or what?! He's won so many awards, been on a million different shows, his songs are always playing, so are his videos....

lol yeah its been a great year for him, he was pelted by tons of full water bottles at one of the largest most publicized concerts ever

little_lady

posted on 2003-11-12 at 22:56
Amanda,

you do realize there were 3 water bottles..not thousands..

and he dodged them..

and i was there when it happened..and the kids who did it where preeetty much stoned?

yup.
sorry but...justin timberlake is the only person i would never be quiet about, i support everything he does

i forgot to mention he also hosted saturday night live and the mtv movie awards..so that added to his "great year"

do i need to bring out the transcripts from press conferences at the sars stock concert?!

[Edited on 12-11-03 by little_lady]

you won't let me down...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-13 at 00:04
I figured out what that damn word thing was. I have this thing on my computer that is really horrible and if anyone can help me get rid of it please tell me....k ... what it is is a website called www.i-lookup.com that no matter what creates itself as my homepage and adds all these annoying tool bars and shit and everytime there is a swear that could be refering to some kind of sex it creates a link to gangbang.com or something like that. I hate it plus it makes all these pop ups that i never used to have.

onto another topic....
I will admit that the finger eleven cd was nowhere near up to expectations with the new cd altho i still love it...i don't think i could hate the worst song in the world by them... i know its stupid blind favoratism but if the livid started playing twinkle twinkle little star i would still listen to them to

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-11-13 at 00:15
SideO, that was happening to my computer a while ago too. Go spend some money on Norton's Personal Firewall. It has a Personal Firewall, Instrution Detector, Anti- Virus Program, privacy controller and an add blocker. Also, a George Bush sing-along game. It's well wortht the cash to help solve your problems.

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-13 at 00:20
ya i might have to...maybe just get my parents to do it cause i got better stuff to spend my money on
RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-11-13 at 02:09
I thought the new Finger album was very very good.

www.sluggy.com

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-13 at 02:36
It was...but not what i expected...completely different style then everything else they have done
kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2003-11-13 at 03:36
well heres my rants and...i guess you could say annoyances;

lying people...and people who create more lies by saying they don't lie.

stalkers...people who tries to be friends with someone because they are "cool." I especially don't like celebrity stalkers, they pretty much freak me out.

oh and...

i cannot stand to listen to people eat...like they sounds they make and stuff just annoys the hell out of me.....grrr for eating sounds

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

go to top