go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-1-6 at 05:05
I watched Citizen Kane a few weeks ago. And it was really good, especially considering how old it is, but the simpsons completely ruined it for me. The Bobo episode is pretty much a complete rip-off of that movie. Basically what I am saying is, that I knew the ending right away...

I have seen most of all your movie choices, Mr. D. They are all good...from what I have seen of them. Actually, I feel like an idiot for saying this, but can someone explain the movie Donnie Darko to me. In complete detail. I have seen it 3 times and I also own it, but I don't fucking get it. I keep watching it because I know it is good, but I don't get it! Rip on me if you want, but really, I always understand movies..this one just perplexes (is that even a proper word?) me.

[Edited on 6-1-04 by Reivax]

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-1-6 at 05:43
and well........ conversely, one synchratic lord of the rings.

[edited due to an overabundance of irony]

[Edited on 6-1-04 by mr. dobalina]

what does synchartic mean? i don't know if your saying only the first one was good, and if you are you are wrong.

i agree that the star wars was the biggest mistake in movie production...it ruined the amazing trilogy they once had

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-1-6 at 06:38
synchratic is in reference to how, they work together only as three and not standalone greats.

donnie darko explained:
if you really want the explanation, PM me. it's a great movie and i dont want to ruin the ending for anyone.
i encourage all of you to go rent it.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-1-6 at 23:36
ya i usually don't get your posts but i find you quite entertaining dobs, i hope you ignore pis and stick around

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-1-6 at 23:57
you just need to read more Jordie... it'll expand your vocabulary. even though i dont acctually speak like mr. D, i still understand everything he says.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

jadedheart

Currently listening to: the used

posted on 2004-1-7 at 00:38
quotation:
Originally posted by mr. dobalina
synchratic is in reference to how, they work together only as three and not standalone greats.

donnie darko explained:
if you really want the explanation, PM me. it's a great movie and i dont want to ruin the ending for anyone.

dammit i only saw the first 20 minutes of it, and then that blackout happened, it was in the summer, and I ordered it on tv, I never got a round to watching it, i shall rent it this weekend

time_wasted
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the livid

posted on 2004-1-7 at 02:07
quotation:
Originally posted by jadedheart
dammit i only saw the first 20 minutes of it, and then that blackout happened, it was in the summer, and I ordered it on tv, I never got a round to watching it, i shall rent it this weekend

And Sara must be there too

playing in the cherry pit with satan ... *quelle domage*

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2004-1-7 at 02:28
quotation:
Originally posted by mr. dobalina

donnie darko explained:
that was an amazing movie... i have it on DVD... i might just go and watch it again... i dont need to do any of this homework.... lol. it was amazing, it takes a bit of thought. it makes you wonder if you'd give up you own life to save everyone around you, it proves how one decision can change everything..... very interesting

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-1-7 at 04:53
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
you just need to read more Jordie... it'll expand your vocabulary. even though i dont acctually speak like mr. D, i still understand everything he says.

its not the words he uses ian its the way he says it, like he has multiple personalities that are all trying to say things at the same time i do read quite a bit but thumbs up on making me feel dumb

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-12 at 06:55
hehe... sorry.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-14 at 08:52
has anyone seen Big Fish yet? i am going to see it this weekend, but im not quite sure what to expect due to the mixed reviews. one of my friends said it was one of the best movies he's seen in a long time (excluding Lord of the Rings), but annother friend of mine said it was boring and didnt make any sense. i think ill like it, but id like to hear another opinion.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-1-15 at 02:06
i saw underworld tonight...i thought it was a really good movie...really good

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-1-15 at 04:54
watch "boogie nights", "magnolila" and "punch drunk love" and call me in the morning. you'll feel insulted by 75% of the movies that are released after watching this holy trinity

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2004-1-15 at 12:03
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
has anyone seen Big Fish yet? i am going to see it this weekend, but im not quite sure what to expect due to the mixed reviews. one of my friends said it was one of the best movies he's seen in a long time (excluding Lord of the Rings), but annother friend of mine said it was boring and didnt make any sense. i think ill like it, but id like to hear another opinion.
I'm going to go see it friday, hopefully. I'm looking forward to it, but i also don't really know what to expect.

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-16 at 01:39
someone asked me about music videos recently. well i found one that i really like Linkin Park: A Place For My Head. you can see it here: http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2480426

i dont really know why i like it, i just do.

and on the same site, if you can find the video for Audioslave's "show me how to live", that is one wicked vid. one of the only new videos that actually tells a story in the way that movies do. it is made in a Tarentino sort of way, and it is awesome!

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-1-16 at 03:18
in terms of music videos, and music video quality. "Just" by radiohead is by far the best music video i've ever seen.

honorable mention:
fiona apple - "across the universe"
sigur ros - "untitled"
bjork - "it's oh so quiet"

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-1-16 at 04:50
i really wanted to see the production of the livid video with there original idea....it was tossed tho because they felt for the first video they should soley focus on the livid...which was good. i am also still curious as to who won the contest(who i forgot about the whole video idea until just now)

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-1-16 at 14:52
watch movies. i love them, and they love me.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-1-17 at 01:01
I was approached by Chris Bowes at the show at Clarke Hall a few months back and he told me that I came in second for the video. At first I was kinda creeped out cause he was like "Are you Paige?" And I didn't know how he knew my name. But I didn't think to ask who got in first. Stupid, I know. So who was it? Come on, tell us!

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-17 at 01:19
that's cool. who came in 1st?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-18 at 11:24
hey Guys 'n Gals, i just saw Big Fish tonight. WoW. that was a great movie. excluding LOTR it was the best movie i have seen in a really long time. it sent a great message (i wont say it, so that you guys can see it for yourselves) and it was quite imaginative. the acting was great... i cant believe that Danny DaVido (sp?) was in it! that was unexpected... anyway, i highly recomend it, cuz i cant really think of a bad thing about it. bottom line: go see Big Fish. you'll like it, i swear.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-1-20 at 22:57
http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2459423

a little weird, but good nontheless.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-1-21 at 00:48
yep, that was pretty weird. i liked it though.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-1-24 at 01:20
Wow, I just saw 'The Butterfly Effect' with Ashton Kutcher. Let me tell you, if your into nosebleeds and full female frontal nudity and glimpses of male movie stars pubic hairs, this is the movie for you.

But aside from all that, it was a totally killer movie. It had alot of really ''jump of your seat parts'' but it wasn't scary. An awesome plot and it really makes you think.

************semi-spolier***********************

So basically as a kid, he had a very fucked up life. His dad was a crazy guy and all of this weird shit happend. (I'll let you find out for yourself) He goes back in time by completely fainting while reading his own jounals. From there, he changes the past. But as he changes one thing, another(usually bad) thing happens to him. It's a very good movie!

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-1-26 at 15:16
Anyone seen this Cabin fever flick? What the hell was that? I highly recomend not seeing it, unless you like b-movie horror flicks that make no sense. I was intrigued enough to want to hear the commentary on the movie, though. I wanted to know what the actors and fillmakers have to say about this bizarre movie. All they did was talk about "boy meets world" and how amazing the movie is and how hard it is for Rider Strong to transition from TV to movie acting. At least they talked alot. Compared to some Commetaries out there where you get left in silence for half the film.
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

go to top