go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: Guitar tabs?
machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2003-6-21 at 18:59
ah tabs. almost here. i can taste them now.

allison
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Breach of Trust

posted on 2003-6-21 at 20:23
I can't wait for some tabs. I'm still trying to learn guitar and think that some Livid songs would inspire me immensely!

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-6-22 at 22:22

As you will have noticed, no sign of them yet.
But I'm battling to get them up as soon as possible.
As for the software question: Yes, and no. The tabs will be up both as PDF which you can see inside your browser if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, and downoloadable as Power Tab (www.power-tab.net). The Power Tab format files can be played back to help you hear what's going on while you watch the notes. It's top quality stuff. But I'm trying my best to see that the tabs are 100% right before I put them up. Watch this space.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-6-23 at 00:33
Tabs have now been added to the main site.

you may use this link.

ta bi

machine gun blues

Currently listening to: i hate music

posted on 2003-6-23 at 01:02
aye, the tabs have been indeed added. and i must say, bravo to all those involved. i didn't expect actual sheet music. well done.

FireStormX

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-6-23 at 02:29
WOW!!! I never expected the tabs to look soooo professional!!! It's amazing!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

[Edited on 23-6-03 by FireStormX]

If a man has nothing worth dying for, he is not living. With this one special person, I have learned to live.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-6-23 at 05:22
I'd better grab Acrobat off of one of my cds then (you couldn't have picked Guitar Pro over Power Tab could you? tsk tsk tsk).

Well done on the tabs though.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2003-6-24 at 18:49
The tabs look fucking incredible. Thanks so much to Chris and Bart for taking the time to get them up!

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-6-24 at 20:21
True guys, they look real pro

could get them up on mxtabs aswell ?

www.westpointrock.com

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-6-24 at 22:15
perhaps - i'll think about it.
the only format you can put on mxtabs as far as i know is basic text, and that doesn't look nearly as impressive
i'd much rather people find their tabs here, as these tabs are much easier to learn from than if i were to convert to text format.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-6-25 at 01:06
The tabs are all screwy for my comp... It wasn't made before the previous century, but just a bit after. Kind of all this wackness in German. It looks pretty weird man. What's wrong?

one last show.

FireStormX

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-6-25 at 01:59
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or Power-Tab.

If a man has nothing worth dying for, he is not living. With this one special person, I have learned to live.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2003-6-25 at 05:26
i got power tab so i read them and listen at the same time...and its really freaking kool (i've never used, let alone heard of, power tab before)..only thing is...it doesnt say what tunning the songs are in?!

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-6-25 at 12:54
Power Tab is a pretty awsome program, I just did the same Adidas and I like it. To find the tuning go to "Guitar" > "Setup..." from the toolbar at the top.

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-6-25 at 19:39
mi's got it.
or click on the little guitar picture on the toolbar at the top, that'll show you the guitar dialog too.
before someone asks "why did you set them all to acoustic guitar sound", the answer is that firstly midi distorted guitar sounds pants, and secondly, the acoustic one means you can hear all of what's going on a lot easier.

have fun

mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-6-25 at 21:13
thanks.
its true the electric guitar sound is pretty strange... acoustic is good.

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Adidas

posted on 2003-6-26 at 00:16
ok i found the tuning, and for a cpl of them (i think sink is one) its Dadgbd but its got the funky little thing next to it that i've never seen before. what does it represent?? does it stand for sharp or flat or something? i wouldnt think its a sharp cause very rarely do ppl tab out anything w/ sharps (that i've ever seen anyway).

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
mi
Über Poster

posted on 2003-6-26 at 03:46
# = sharp
b = flat

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-6-26 at 08:15
yes - all except shaded are in DADGAD, but then up one semitone. that is, D#A#D#G#A#D#.
however, i am far too lazy to tune my guitar like this every time i want to play a livid song. so i just tune to DADGAD, and then change the tuning in Power Tab to DADGAD. then your guitar and Power Tab will sound the same, and it's less effort on your part! but then you can't play along to the cd.
for shaded i also tune my guitar a semitone lower than the mp3, also because i am lazy. i wish i had several guitars...

[Edited on 26/6/03 by tremendous]

Adidas

posted on 2003-6-26 at 16:16
i know that # = sharp and b = flat, but the character that pt shows is not either of those, but it doesnt have a character for sharp (such as #) but it does use b for flat, so i'm wondering if this funky character is supposed to be a # or what the deal is. its real hard to describe what it looks like, especially since there is no letter or character on the keyboard that looks anything close.

but aside of all that. i just started thinking... D#A#D#G#A#D# is the same as Eb Bb Eb Ab Bb Eb which is the same tuning for Egzit. so like i said before, rarely ever do u see anyone use sharps when tabbing (again, thats just my experience) b/c its usually tabbed using flats...usually

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-6-26 at 16:50
The decision of whether to use sharps or flats when showing the tuning is made when you look at the key the piece is in. So if it's in a key with flats in the key signature you will use flats in the tuning, and if the key signature has sharps, you'll use sharps.

Which reminds me.
Chris and I haven't included key signatures in the score. Ah crap. I'll fix it.

Adidas

posted on 2003-6-27 at 06:19
i dunno jack about reading sheet music...i just noticed that when i'm searching for tabs for something, every tab i ever find is writen using flats rather than sharps...if it has either to begin w/. when it comes to the tuning of the strings, most ppl (again, that i have seen) would say Eb rather than D#. so seeing that tunning just threw me off for a sec cause i'm not used to seeing anything like that.

oh and btw, i figured out that goofy looking character. it is a # but its really scrunched up and hard to tell. so it looks like one thick line going down and one thin line across it but near the bottom, u cant see the top line going across very well. and the two lines going down look like 1 thick line...if any of that makes sense at all

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-7-9 at 18:54
Where are the rest?

Any idea on when the other 3 tabs are going up?

Those first 3 are awesome.

www.sluggy.com

thelividfan

Currently listening to: Livid EP

posted on 2003-7-9 at 22:02
YEAH the rest of the tabs would be really great!! I LOVE THE first 3!! Sorry about your guitars Chris, YOU CAN borrow mine when ever you need it dude!! Marce

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2003-7-10 at 23:17
yes - sorry about this. there's been a bit of a delay. Chris S is so busy these days, with recording and having his stuff stolen etc.
but never fear - not long now. they're actually written out, but not completely checked through.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top