go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: In my honest opinion
Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2005-7-21 at 02:25
hey guys. its really cool that you care and wonder about whats going on with us. we are just chillin out for a while because we do have other aspects of our lives. we dont lay down the rock 24, 7, 365. we all have jobs, and Justin's brother is getting married this summer in Quebec, so obviously he has to be out there for that.
that doesnt mean we arent thinking about the next record. and we are not going to do the same thing as the last record, where we let most of the songs out as we finished recording them. because then some people get bent out of shape when we put them all on the same album. we were really excited to finally get The Ambition Within out, and then it was kinda disappointing when people (i wont mention any names) slagged us for putting all our songs together on an album.
anyways, i hope you all dont give up on us, or start trading your Livid merch for other bands merch.
The Livid is alive and well. Thanks for being patient, it means a lot that you guys want to hear more music. Peace

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-7-21 at 04:03
thank you for not taking anything anyone said the wrong way adam. theres no need for that. we are all just curious i guess. rock on

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-7-21 at 10:09
quotation:
Originally posted by SideO_JR
although i can't full confirm it, i think i got kicked out of the alexisonfire band because i was really drunk backstage.

you were IN alexisonfire? crazy.

but seriously, Jorge had a good point. just because a band you like doesn't produce music, or play shows at the rate you want, or treat its fans the way you want them to, doesn't mean that the music should change at all for you. (speaking in generalities of course). PIS, it's just dumb that you want to hang up your livid shirt and wear some other band's shirt instead. you should still wear it proudly, in honor of what amazing music they HAVE made, and what music they will make in the future. and besides, wasn't one of your points that they should play more shows to continue to gain fans? by wearing their shirt, you are spreading the word about the fantastic band that is the livid, regardless of weather or not they are playing shows.

LONG LIVE THE LIVID is what i say. and rock on

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2005-7-21 at 10:21
oscar, anyone ?

www.westpointrock.com

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-7-21 at 13:26
quotation:
PS if you need a shirt to replace your Livid one, I'll be more than happy to supply you with one.. for free.

No offense, but I think that comment was totally unnecessary.
In fact, I think half the comments on this thread have been completely unnecessary.
As far as this whole situation goes, all I'm saying is that I'm not crossing my arms on this one, but I'm not getting involved either.

The band knows what they're doing.

Kudos to Adam for coming on and getting everyone to shut their yaps for now.

you won't let me down...

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-7-21 at 14:17
quotation:
Originally posted by little_lady
quotation:
PS if you need a shirt to replace your Livid one, I'll be more than happy to supply you with one.. for free.

i actually disagree in this case. when dag made a thread like this last year (or whenever) he was chastised ridiculously, when in reality he was perfectly entitled to voice his opinion, in the same way that PIS is entitled to start this thread. i am quite ashamed of the way that most people dealt with dag's thread, and i'm sure that if you go back and read it you will feel the same. however, the points raised by everyone in THIS thread have been interesting, and i'm pleased to say that everyone has refrained from turning it into a flaming match. threads such as this one SHOULD be posted, provided that people don't turn them into a slagging match.

the bottom line is that bands don't (or at least they shouldn't) make music simply for the sake of pleasing their fans, they make music prominently for their own gratification. of course, bands do rely on the support of the their fans (without a fan base any aspirations of wealth, fame and general success are bound to be short-lived - that's if those things are what the bands aspires to ) but the fans DO come second, and no-one should take offence from this. i hope i managed to get my point across.

[edit: i thought adam's post was excellent - both tactful and educational ]

ta bi

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-7-21 at 16:37
The way I see it (since this is the way I approach music), I play bass because I want to, not because people may be interested in hearing me, if it isn't their full time job, then I can live with a few dry patches here and there. Just look back to 2000, now THAT was crazy (if you have no idea what I'm talking about I'm referring to the period when the original band parted ways).

I'm pretty content with the occasional live song appearing on myspace, as that is proof enough that the band is still plugging along.

And I agree with Chris, the responses in Dag's thread were harsh, and frankly the point of forums is discussion, as soon as you start telling people what they can and can't say, you may as well run for President.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-7-21 at 19:00
quotation:
Originally posted by Sin Ogaris
as soon as you start telling people what they can and can't say, you may as well run for President.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-7-21 at 21:53
Thanks for the update Adam, it was much appreciated. Infact, I shall refrain from 'dissin ya'll up'. I'm cool with what ever ya say.

Word on the street is...Westpoint wants to fight The Livid.

...Sorry Jeff.

one last show.

Dag Phillips

Currently listening to: Skid Row!

posted on 2005-7-21 at 22:17
quotation:
Originally posted by little_lady
quotation:

Well I appologize for the unessecariness of that statement... I really should have just sent him the shirt.

I'm Joking.

I've got better things to do tonight than die!

Dag Phillips

Currently listening to: Skid Row!

posted on 2005-7-21 at 22:19
I also appologize to those who did not find the preceding joke very funny. I will make a better joke next time.
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-7-21 at 22:46
I'm still waiting for a free shirt.

one last show.

<<  1    2  >>

go to top