go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Where'd You Guys hear it?
lostmexican

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-7-16 at 16:09
hey guys, i'm new here but i found out about the band a couple months ago when i just started randomly downloading songs off kazaa. i don't even remember what i typed in but i got egzit somehow and i loved it

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2003-7-16 at 16:17
Hey welcome!

I just messaged you privately in Spanish but I'm not sure if you have read the message yet lol.

Anyway seems like a lot of people came accross TheLivid out of luck...that's wicked!

you won't let me down...

belated

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2003-7-17 at 03:47
i actually came across the livid way back in the day on napster. Got talking to a guy on there, and he turned out to be The Livid's very first web designer (can't remember his name for the life of me) back when they were using cjb.net hehe. Since then i emailed the guys a heap of times n always got replies (great blokes) and have been listening to their music heaps, and i never get bored of it. Most of my mates all listen to the livid now too cause of me, woohoo!

So there ya go... The Livid has some exposure in Australia!

Devil_Derrick

Currently listening to: Kyuss, The Mars Volta, Tomahawk

posted on 2003-7-27 at 01:59
I was introduced to The Livid a couple of years ago, through a guy on IRC who lived in Cali... strange that he knew about them yet I was in Waterloo, and not much more than an hour away from 'ssauga and had never heard of them.
Anyway, at that time I was really big into the whole melodic rock (or maybe it should be called pop metal?) thing ... ie. bands like Trapt, Headway, Elemental, etc.

I've gotten bored of that stuff now, but I'm hoping Chris' guitar work can keep me interested. I did have an opportunity to see 'em live at the Rivoli that summer, so I know Chris is the real deal.

Oh and I quite liked the cover of Killing In The Name that ended the set that night.

Mat L
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: sublime

posted on 2003-7-29 at 02:08
pfff they didn't end with killing in the name of

[Edited on 13-8-03 by Mat L]

Elisha Cuthbert owns you

powerman5k

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-7-30 at 19:11
I think it was in 2001...
Someone on Audio Galaxy send me Egzit and a little bit later Watch It Die. Then I downloaded Lost My Pride (I had to admit that I didn't liked it much at this time ... don't know why )
So I didn't spend any time with this band. Then I looked around von mp3.com and found the 3 new songs with Justin. They were fuckin' awesome and I loaded some more stuff. It's so great too!
I promise I'll buy the both records if I have the money...

squidster44

Currently listening to: Mars Volta

posted on 2003-8-13 at 06:55
Sup G Dawg

yah i heard them by accident 2......i was gettin sum music from The Used and i think Broke and Crossed was one of the songs i got but i knew it wasnt The Used so i checkd for that song and found out it was by The Livid ......and so i got more songs then emaild them about touring and wut not and they replied along with the link 2 mp3.com with the new songs which kick ass as well and yah now im here..............

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-8-13 at 17:21
well found them through Amanda cause she wrote the site on a piece of paper n ive been addicted to them since

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Kevinnn

Currently listening to: One

posted on 2003-8-18 at 17:28
i heard about The Livid through Chris Schembri. he was my guitar instructor at Strings Attached. Ever since then i've been listening to them a lot.
Crystal

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-20 at 23:15
it was March 4th, 2002. I was on the incubus messageboard and had been a member ther for sometime. A girl who had been there longer than i PMed me if i knew of the band 'The Livid' since i was from the Toronto area. She really wanted a cd but couldn't find any anywhere. I decided to check these guys out and downloaded 'Egzit' and 'Watch it Die' from mp3.com. been a fan eversince... but have never had a chance to see these guys live =(

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-9-21 at 00:39
Hey Crystal, welcome to the forums! Egzit and Watch it Die are watch you might call ''classics'' that never really get old. But if you do one thing in your whole life, you need to check out a live gig, they put on a hell of a show.

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-21 at 05:15
About a year ago I was searching for songs on Kazaa. I think i put something crazy in like "finger eleven VS" and i got this song that was titled artist and it was called falling behind. I looked at the file name it was titled incubus finger eleven a perfect circle. I DLed it and listened to it, Put it on a burnt cd and then deleted the song off my computer. I found that cd a couple of months ago and loved the song but i couldn't figure out who it was by. I searched Kazaa for falling behind and probably DLed about a million different songs and then i finally found the one titled Artist. then i went onto Yahoo and searched Falling behind finger eleven and looked thro about 50 different websites. I found one that was a music forum with someone asking if they had ever heard of falling behind by incubus. Someone replied saying it was the Livid. I got more songs, loved them, and listened to them ever since
belated

Currently listening to: The Livid

posted on 2003-9-21 at 10:54
haha, nice!
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-9-21 at 11:46
Hey that's a good story. A lot like mine and Mark's. As Mark said earlier in the thread, he also found Falling Behind which said it was by Incubus and A Perfect Circle and Finger 11, but I think the one he got said something more to the effect of "If you like Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Finger 11....The Livid - Falling behind".
So we had somewhere to start. But then I remember looking for their website and finding a different band, called Livid. On there (crap) site, on the guestbook, there were loads of entries saying things like "did you guys write the songs Egzit and Watch it Die? Coz you guys ROCK!" etc. This confused me, because the pictures and stuff on the site made me think there was no way this band was capable of that kind of music. As soon as I found out that it was a different band (which was when I found the old The Livid website, the blue and orange thing, and it had downloads of Egzit and Watch it Die), though, we could order CDs and stuff. That was a happy day.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-9-21 at 12:43
I discovered the livid about 4 months ago by downloading the same file as SidO_Jr. I spent the entire day trying to figure out who it was by, eventually i typed the lyrics into google and found some livid fan's site (I owe them a million) that had a link to the livid site. Ive been hooked ever since. Ive been listening to king of the castle and the new tracks nonstop. I should be getting f.o.f. and my shrit any day now.
I'd have to say that the livid is now my alltime favorite band!

Ps. anyone know where i can get the new version of Clear Me?

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-9-21 at 13:12
Short of getting it sent to you through AIM or email, I don't think you can get the new Clear Me (it's not on mp3.com now).
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-9-21 at 22:18
No, you'll have a job getting that song. As it's not on any CD (as far as I know), I'm sure no one would mind if you got someone to send it to you (not me), or if you searched Kazaa or something similar.

<<  1    2  >>

go to top