go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Livid Air Time
Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2003-9-22 at 03:52
Livid Air Time

I'm not much of a message board poster, but I thought this one deserved a topic be put up. This coming Thursday starts my radio show for this year on CKRG 89.9 FM (York University Glendon Campus radio station) and of course the first band played will be The Livid. First broadcasts are always rough. Station's going thru an upheval and is working with the CRTC to expand our broadcast radius. We're currently being forced to "quiet" our signal due to a complaint by a CBC station that we're interfering with their broadcast. So to solve this problem, the station administrators and programme coordinators have set up a web broadcast as well as our air play. If you have a stereo at home and want to tune in, you'll have to hook it up with cable (RG 59, the stuff you put on your tv. You hook it up to your FM antenna terminal. adapters are like $3 from Radio Shack). If you wanna check out the webcast, go to http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca and tune in! They're gonna update the program guide this week when they see how many frosh show up, but as it stands, I'll be broadcasting from 2 pm - 3 pm Thursday afternoons till December, then prolly getting a 2 hour time slot from January till April. If you can't tune in this week, don't fret. I'll make sure we have the webcast up really soon (should be up by thursday tho).

I've spoken to Chris and he says I can air any of the guy's new music. So what do you folks want to hear as the first track?? Here are your choices!

Shaded
Sink
Reckless
Release (Studio Version)
If I Fail

Hope you enjoy the show, and if you wanna phone in a request, the number's on the CKRG site! Thanks all

[Edited on 9-22-03 by Raine]

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

satan

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2003-9-22 at 04:27
sounds cool! i would pick reckless. and i think the song is called i could fall.

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-9-22 at 05:15
Oh, alrite. If I fail = I Could Fall
Thanks man! Guess I heard it wrong.

Adidas

Currently listening to: A Change Of Pace

posted on 2003-9-22 at 15:03
Just play them all...if ya can. I personally would like to hear Release (studio) and I Could fall, cause I've never heard them before.

I just made a note on my calender to tune in on the web thursday. Dun wanna miss this

"What are you doing?" >.>

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-9-22 at 19:57
Good luck with the program man. Well, to get listeners attracked to ur station u might wanna play something fast and rather new like Reckless... Or play Egzit or Watch It Die. That's just my 2 cents.

one last show.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2003-9-22 at 20:13
i do the radio at my high school
and today was the first day of it, and the first song i played was Shaded, and then I played Release

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2003-9-22 at 20:25
Yay Dee! lol..

I actually want to move to ...lol so I can like use their lil highschool with the radio studio.....yay ravfm...i want them to play thelivid...i gotta call rob

you won't let me down...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-22 at 22:12
I think you should either shaded or sink and then play reckless.
nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-22 at 22:50
I would play "I Could Fall" since they'll be releasing the song and music video soon. But other then that, everyone loves "Shaded".

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-9-23 at 00:18
quotation:
Originally posted by Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Good luck with the program man. Well, to get listeners attracked to ur station u might wanna play something fast and rather new like Reckless... Or play Egzit or Watch It Die. That's just my 2 cents.

Appreciated! This is my second year doing the show (did it with my buddy last year. Solo this year) so people already know the time slot and music style. I play indie rock, or the top 10 mainstream songs, depending on what's out there. It's got a pretty good audience, so I'm not too worried about that, just wanted to see what people thought would be cool as the first track of the year! I intend to play all of them, count on that, but I wanted to see which I should play first!

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-9-23 at 00:19
Just on a side note, as much as I love all the songs on FOF, I will only be playing songs featuring Justin as the lead singer. I'm not too sure as of yet if that includes the new version of Clear Me, but as it stands right now, it's only the above listed tracks.
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-9-23 at 01:03
Justin is in the new versions of Broke and Crossed and Clear Me.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
curbside_gal
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the illP

posted on 2003-9-23 at 01:03
Hey dude!!! thats totally awsome!!!! trust me, i'll be listen'n!!! Its about time they get some big air time!! God knows they deserve it!! Good luck with the show, its all good!!!

{Hocus Pocus i'm losing focus - you knock me off of my feet with your kiss - Ain't got no reason to compromise when i'm with u i'm in paradise } Rides Again ... rides ... again???

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-9-25 at 18:37
AHHH I HAVE TO GO OUT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! BUT NOOO AHHHH IM ALWAYS BUSY ON THURS NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-9-25 at 18:38
YEA FOR THE LIVID WOO HOO *dances around*
ME IS SOO HAPPY

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
OverRated

Currently listening to: Evanescence

posted on 2003-9-25 at 20:36
good luck with the show!!
haha maybe i'll stop by and be a nerd and say hi sometime..i dont have classes on thursday

-Heather

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of OverRated ICQ status of OverRated This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of OverRated
Adidas

posted on 2003-9-26 at 02:07
i tuned in....but nothing was playing. from about 1:30 when i turned it on till about 2:15 when i turned it off, there was silence. nothing.

i'm in CST and i wasnt sure if that was going to be played from 2-3 in EST or CST or GMT or PST...and i didnt even think about it till about 1:30 today. so i kicked it on and there was silence and I left it on for a while and eventually gave up cause nothing was playing...

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Adidas This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Adidas
Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-9-26 at 02:15
Thanks adidas for trying. Unfortunately (and it was news to me when I walked into the station today) the web feed was down. Why? Because some n00b screwed up the connection! In anycase, more than 50% of the people who have shows didn't train for them, so we reset everything, and all the shows begin the 29th now. So the first live to web broadcast (really sorry for those of you who tuned in. Thanks for trying) will be without fail on This coming Thursday. I'm very sorry for the delay. Damned frosh! lol

Heather, you go to Glendon or York? Come in anytime! just ask for Al, I'm always around, just never in plain site. lol

OverRated

Currently listening to: Evanescence

posted on 2003-9-27 at 03:30
I go to york..but I have one class at Glendon that i took for the hell of it(cause my friend begged me to take it with her)..so yeah im there once a week...

But yeah I'll stop by sometime!! im real busy the next couple of weeks, but obviously ur there all yr! I dont mind going there even if i dont have a class, cause im always in that area anyways

[Edited on 27-9-03 by OverRated]

[Edited on 27-9-03 by OverRated]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of OverRated ICQ status of OverRated This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of OverRated
Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-9-28 at 04:05
For sure! Drop in anytime. What class are you taking? Maybe we're in a class together and don't even know it!
Kevinnn

Currently listening to: One

posted on 2003-10-1 at 01:16
yah im gonna try and ask if my school can play the livid for our "hurry up music". i dont have a radio station for my school. but that would be cool. what song shoud i play from fear of fading?

"Ah'd trade mah wife before ah'd trade ma GIT-tahr"

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2003-10-1 at 02:30
hey, my brother is at york, most of his are at wintersand thats the res he's in.

[Edited on 1-10-03 by kaitlynn]

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-1 at 17:03
play broke and crossed man, or egzit. play the most commercial livid songs so people get hooked, then you can reel them in with less mainstream stuff once they like the band

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2003-10-2 at 17:28
Alrite peoples! We got our webcast up and running with 2 hrs to spare! So tune in at 2 pm today to hear The Livid's newest songs like Reckless, I could fall, and the never before heard studio version of Release! http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca! Cheers

Adidas

posted on 2003-10-2 at 17:39
i ment to ask before, is that 2pm est cst gmt pst??? or what?

btw, the website isnt working at the moment. i'll check back in a little bit though

[Edited on 2/10/03 by Adidas]

<<  1    2  >>

go to top