go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: sampler
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-10-31 at 15:15
I prefer the new Live to Imitate, Neural Is Me I like both. Step Up is a bit of a mixed bag though, I love the awesome intro on KotC, but the extra lyrics in the FoF version just add so much more emotion to the song. So I guess, musically I like KotC Step Up, but if I want to listen to it for it's "get you pumped" power, I go FoF.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-11-1 at 04:06
I just got fear of fading at the show tonight. I am going to go listen to it right now. I pretty much got it just to hear the new versions of the songs from KOTC.

www.sluggy.com

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-11-1 at 21:22
Dude, FoF Rocks! It is a little more, how shall I put it?... "glossy" than KoC, but i like them both in their own special way.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-11-3 at 01:21
quotation:
Originally posted by Sin Ogaris
I prefer the new Live to Imitate, Neural Is Me I like both. Step Up is a bit of a mixed bag though, I love the awesome intro on KotC, but the extra lyrics in the FoF version just add so much more emotion to the song. So I guess, musically I like KotC Step Up, but if I want to listen to it for it's "get you pumped" power, I go FoF.

The Bridge in the original Step Up is cool too.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-11-3 at 01:32
i felt the guitar work was more solo driven in KotC than FoF and in FoF it was based more on riffs. thats just my personal opinion though...
mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-11-3 at 01:39
i think you're right markspe34, the solos were great, but in fof the riffs became more complicated, bith CDs are amazing

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-11-3 at 02:14
Well, I have had a chance to listen through the album a couple times now, and have the following to say... (although I think I said some of this in another thread too) I think the new bridge for Step up is very very sweet. Especially the panning effects going into with the guitar. Very cool. I had never heard Reach before, and was very impressed. The choruses are very, very sweet, although the verses are so-so. I thought the remakes of Neural, and Live to Imitate were okay. There were some parts that were better, and some parts that I didn't like as much, maybe just because I was used to the older ones. Jeremy's singing is phenomenal on that album. I thought it was a noticeable improvement from the first album. In general the songwriting was much better of FoF too in my opinion. I should have got this album months ago.

www.sluggy.com

seibzehn

Currently listening to: porcupine tree live albums

posted on 2003-11-11 at 00:26
for a sampler it has to have egzit.. wont be complete without it.

"no one gives a shit as long as we smile"

<<  1    2  >>

go to top