go to bottom

<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: Return of th King
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-12-18 at 07:55
Return of th King

Seeing as it's out in theaters now, finally, i thought i would make this thread, so that you can discuss it. I saw the midnight showing, even though i had already seen it. im weird like that. none of my friends understood, but paige, im sure you understand.
anyway, there was this guy there dressed up as gollum: loin cloth, shaved head, makeup. he ran up and down throught the theatre, climbed along the tops of peoples seats, and then ran away. haha. twas humorous.
i liked it just as much the second time! for those who havent seen it, the beginning is really bizzare, but just bear with it, cuz it's worth it in the end.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-12-18 at 16:19
im gonna see it dec 29 for like 10$ i cant wait!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2003-12-18 at 16:21
I'm reluctant to say anything in case people haven't seen it. So all I will really say is that that was the best movie I have ever seen in my life and probably will always be. I'm sure I will never experience anything that beautiful again. It's sad that it's over, but I'll get over it.

I cried alot. And so did the whole damn theatre. Even the kids. I know that sounds stupid, but it was too powerful to not. I'm really glad in some ways that I have never read the book, because I didn't know anything that was going to happen. Now I can read the book and be blown away all over again. I can't wait.

Oh, and Sean Astin! Academy Award's ahoy. I haven't been more amazed at one man's acting skill since I first saw Ed Norton in a movie. Every single scene for Sam was intense and emotional and I can't believe how hard that must have been for Sean. He stole the show, for sure.

I really feel bad for the people that don't enjoy these movies, for what ever reason. They are missing out on something remarkable.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2003-12-18 at 21:43
*cries* I haven't seen it yet! I AM GOING CRAZY! I don't think I will be able to see it until Saturday. I don't think I can wait that long. If only I had money!
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-19 at 04:28
Reivax, i was going to do a reveiw, but you stole my every word! seriously, it was the Best movie i ever saw, and will ever see, i cried alot, i thought Sean Astin was incredable. And to add to that,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't read this unless you've either seen it, or read the book.

I think the heart, and true power, comes from the end of the Frodo/Sam/Gollum story. when sam comes back to fight Shelob, i was like: all right, this is Definatly #1! when gollum finally gets the ring, and he looks as if he has become enlightend, it's increadable. Finaly my favorite moment in cinema history (exaggeration) when frodo decides to keep the ring, that look... a million times better than the book. sheer acting genious

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-12-19 at 04:56
i am going tomorrow .... thanks for warning of the spoiler ian i don't want anything to ruin it for me....the anticitpation is so high right now.........wow i really did not expect to here that revaix cried......this movie must be life altering...that halarious that the guy was acting like gollum...i nope someone does that when i go
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-12-19 at 08:06
Hey, man, I'm open to crying. It doesn't bother me. I think it's awesome that it made me cry. There was a 12 year old boy beside us crying, that surprised me because most kids are too proud to cry.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not read on if not seen. Edit: It's actually not that much of spoiler.

Anyway. I agree wholheartedly with you Ian. I will say that the part that really made me tear up was when Frodo said that the burden was gone. It just got to me.

[Edited on 19-12-03 by Reivax]

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-12-19 at 19:46
you wet blouse.

ta bi

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-12-20 at 03:32
just got home from it........great movie but it i'm still not satisfied

i think they put too much into too short a time, too many heros, too many climaxes i guesss....i loved it but i wish they would have made two movies instead of trying to compress it into one

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2003-12-20 at 05:17
Hooray I am going tomorrow!! I am bringing tissue boxes. I am prepared for the worst.
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-20 at 16:17
or the best in this case

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2003-12-21 at 05:58
I just got back from seeing it. Wow. That is pretty much the only way I can describe that movie. I cried through most of it. I couldn't help it. "My body is broken." That really got me . So did Pippin's song. And Sean Astin was brilliant.
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-21 at 08:38
I saw it tonight (again). I've now seen it 3 times. but im gunna see it many more times still.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what really got me was the "i cant remember the taste of food" part. and the "I dont think there will be a return journy" part. but especially when merry, pippin and sam say goodbye to frodo. that was by far the most emotional moment in the film.

[Edited on 21-12-03 by armour_guitarist]

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-12-21 at 08:50
didn't anyone else feel they put too much into too little time ... i loved it but it just didn't have the effect like the first two....there was so much drama going on in different parts all at the same time that you couldn't get into any of them and it just didn't make sense and it was like a mixed uop jumbled adklsjn sdkj dj k whats going on just dowsn't make sense like this sentence
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-12-21 at 20:13
I had no problems with that. They did the best they could. I think that we are lucky enough that we got as much as we did. Plus the director's cut will probably make more sense and seem less "jumbled".
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-12-22 at 01:23
i thought the jumbling action was great. mix everything up. i managed to keep up with the story fine and i haven't finished the book. brilliant film. excellent.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-22 at 02:01
well, im glad that they jubled it, instead of doing it like the book. the scenes in the book almost got tedious, cause of the length. especailly in the two towers. wtf is up with having the 2 stories separate? i still liked it though.

my one problem with the movie was that Gandalf said "10,000 orcs now stand between frodo and mt doom." first of all, he left out sam, and secondly, 10,000 is not a very big number. he shouldn't have said how many, thus leading you to beleive that there are a ton more than you actually see. saruman had 10,000 urac-hai for god's sake! in the book, even after the first battle, sauron had hundreds of thousands of orcs left. his army should have seemed to be infinite.

other than that it was perfect! absolutely perfect

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-12-28 at 06:05
i felt really sorry for Eowyn.... i found that she was the character i most identified with in the movie...

it was an amazing movie.

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-28 at 06:54
ive now seen it 4 times. and i have a ticket to see it a 5th on Jan 31!

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2003-12-30 at 08:01
i love pippin's song !!! my friend kept tellin me he was dead and my other friend loved him too weird when its like 12am! but good movie ! eww the spider *shutters* i hate spiders! i wanted to push frodo in to the lava god hes so annoying!! he wouldnt throw the fuckin ring in then he lost his finger ha!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-30 at 08:24
you see amanda, ^this is the thing im talking about. not looking deep enough.

just kiddin.

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-12-30 at 14:14
hm ian..... i suppose it all depends on the person, luckily you learned to look deep into movies, it gives you an advantage, because then you can discuss them with other people for lengthy periods of time....

the lord of the rings was an exceptional movie that must have taken quite some time to plan out. I was wondering on sunday how long it must have taken to plot out the movie, because it is so long, making the screen shot storyboards (for lack of a better name) and planning camera angles must have taken forever on their own.... it must have been a huge project, it would seem overwhelming if i had taken part in it, they did a magnificant job..... however i would have liked to see Tom Bombadil..... i didnt finish reading the book, so i suppose i dont really know his actual importance....

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2003-12-30 at 17:54
I think that all the preparation, starting with the original script, probably took around 8 years. At least. They do say on the DVD's, but I can't recall exactly.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-12-30 at 18:38
These movies have still not caught my interest. There is something about them that just makes me not wanna watch 'em. I watched the big fight scene in the last one, what ever it's called. That was cool. With all of the attacking monkeys and then the old crippled guy rides in on his pony. He kills the attacking monkeys and gets the girl. That's a good movie.

one last show.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-12-30 at 20:40
wtf are you talking about? there are no monkeys in middle earth!

yeah reivax, i think that is about right. they shot the movies for like 3 or 4 years. that is insane. and they werent even done cutting the two towers, when they started the score.

amanda, tom bombadil has no real importance to the story, that's why they took him out. although if you watch the movie, it is quite possible that he was there, they just didnt show it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top