go to bottom

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-2-2 at 08:10
if you guys ever hear of Kontroll, or The Kung Fu Hustle, see them both. they are both very obscure films, probably wont reach you guys unless they are in a film festival, untill they are released on DVD, and even then you will have a hard time finding them, but if you do, watch them. two of the most brilliant films i've seen. Kontroll is from Hungary, it's a romantic thriller, very dark, awesome style. the Kung Fu Hustle is a chinese martial arts comedy. one of the most outrageous movies ever, tones of sweet fight scenes, take offs and humor. if you ever get the chance, see them.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-2-2 at 18:00
quotation:
Originally posted by Chris
oh i REALLY want to see that film. been wanting to see it for ages. that's the one with zombies, yeah?

i'll keep it on my computer so you can see it when i get home if you don't rent/buy/beg/borrow/steal it before then. yeah zombies. although they're not the classic sort - they move really fast and don't have such a huge fixation on brains. more on biting and puking blood all over people.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-2-3 at 01:22
I hated Dawn of the Dead. It would have been ok if I hired it, but forking out 13 bucks for that tripe was a bit much. Then again, I like a plot, I don't like a movie where suddenly someone is a zombie and then suddenly EVERYONE is a zombie. Absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

Hide and Seek looks interesting though, comes out here in a week or so, I might check it out.

Oh, and 28 Days Later is an awesome movie, I wholeheartedly enjoyed it. plus it was shot on MiniDV my personal format of choice for filming (because I'm too poor to afford anything better).

[Edited on 3-2-05 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-2-5 at 00:32
MiniDV all the way!

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2005-6-29 at 00:29
layer cake.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2005-6-29 at 00:46
i love zombie flicks.

ta bi

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-6-29 at 01:27
I actually liked 'Hide and Seek'...

Movies to check out:
Maria Full of Grace
Love Actually
Closer
Garden State

Movies to avoid at all costs:
Darkness
The Stepford Wives

Movies to watch if you're a fan of Will Farrel:
Anchorman.

"I'm gonna punch you in the ovaries.....yeah, right in the babymaker".

you won't let me down...

Chris
Moderator of Death

posted on 2005-6-29 at 01:30
i thoroughly enjoyed anchorman - i hadn't really heard anything about it before i watched and was pleasantly surprised.

ta bi

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-29 at 03:14
Napolean Dynamite is a great flick, I really enjoyed it. It's a one liner film, where you'll just start repeating all the classic lines throughout the movie for the next century to come. Oh, and the dance at the end is worth the hire in my opinion.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-6-30 at 06:17
good movies i've seen recently...

Napolean Dynamite
Garden State
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Life Aquatic
Shawn of the Dead
Batman Begins
Crash
Anchor Man

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-6-30 at 06:58
war of the worlds..what do you guys expect?>

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-6-30 at 13:03
War of the Worlds: lots of special effects and some decent acting. I'm going to check it out probably this weekend.

Oh, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is sheer brilliance, I was skeptical because I've never been a fan of Jim Carrey's over the top antics, but they're nowhere to be seen in this flick and it was genuinely a great story.

Shaun of the Dead is hilarious, it also has a number of the Black Books characters in it, which makes it even better.

Garden State was nowhere near as funny as my friend made it out to be, and rightly so, it obviously wasn't meant to be. I did enjoy it though, my only qualm was it was a bit strong on the sentimental stuff towards the end, but this was a minor shortcoming, still a good film.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2005-6-30 at 16:49
"I'm gonna shoot you with a BB gun when you're not looking.....right in the back of your head".

you won't let me down...

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-7-1 at 15:04
I want to rob a bank with a bb gun one day. "Hey you, give me all the money or I'll shoot you here with this BB gun" I'd say. "I'll be rich and you'll have a cute dimple. We'll both win!"

-Mitch Hedberg(I've never remembered a joke so poorly)

Well yes, Shaun of the Dead was a good movie for sure. I wasn't too sure if it was a comedy or what ever. It was all fun and games till buddy had to shoot his mom. Yikes.

one last show.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-7-1 at 15:40
Buddy? I think you mean Shaun.

Hey British people on this site (you know who you are), have you guys seen the Ross Noble DVD, Unrealtime? It's hilarious.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-2 at 06:35
War of the Worlds - Brilliant. seriously, the best moive i've seen all year. im sure that a lot of people aren't going to like it, but i thought it was fantastic. the first hour is the best but it's all damn good. Acting... there are a couple of scenes of Tom Cruise at his best and Dakota Fanning was amazing as usual. and the guy that played the son (Robby) was quite good as well. and Tim Robbins was excellent. gotta say i was beginning to lose faith in cg special effects, cause everything since Lord of the Rings has been rather shitty, but this was amazing. totally believeable graphics. The prologue was written so well that it must have been straight from H.G. Wells. nobody writes that well these days. And they got Morgan Freeman to read the narration. gotta love the guy. also, the camera work, especially at the beginning was fantastic. Speilberg (sp?) has out-done himself. just see it.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-12 at 05:09
anyone seen the move Primer?

i just saw it tonight, and it was seriously the most confusing movie i have ever seen. i think it's the only movie that i have ever seen that makes absolutely no sense to me. it was just completely over my head. if anyone has seen it, pm cause now it's really bugging me that i dont get it.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-7-12 at 11:37
I was annoyed at the ending for war of the worlds. It was laughable. The rest was excellent, but damn that was so bad it almost ruined the entire movie for me.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-7-12 at 12:03
Was it worse than the Collateral ending (which in my opinion was horrible)?
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2005-7-12 at 19:45
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
I was annoyed at the ending for war of the worlds. It was laughable. The rest was excellent, but damn that was so bad it almost ruined the entire movie for me.

Agreed. The ending made me feel like the rest of the movie was pointless, and the ending came so fast.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2005-7-12 at 22:24
The ending to Collateral makes me laugh. It's such an awsome film up until then. Yeah, a fuckin' cab driver can kill a trained and experienced hitman.

Kung Fu Hustle... crap and by no means obscure. It's Asian cinema gone Hollywood. I recommend Shiri, Versus and Audition if Asian cinema is your thing.

Otherwise, Sideways is one of the better more recent films I think. A classic.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-7-12 at 22:28
Sideways was way overrated. granted it's a decent movie, but by no means amazing in any aspect. definately not academy award material. it didn't even do a very good job of showcasing the landscape of the Santa Ynez valley. in real life, it's much prettier than that.

what about the ending of War of the Worlds didn't you like? the epilogue? or the last part with the actors?

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2005-7-13 at 05:27
I only just saw Minority Report recently and I thought it was really good (I suspect it would have been a lot more interesting at the cinema, where I couldn't check the progress bar and see there was still 30 or so minutes to go at the major point in the story). The special effects were absolutely top notch (unlike Fantastic Four, which had some decent ones mixed with some absolutely horrid effects, like Reed Richards arm).
Chris
Moderator of Death

posted on 2005-7-13 at 08:33
i'm looking forward to finally watching chopper and office space, both of which i'm told are shibby.

ta bi

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-7-13 at 11:37
The ending of war of the worlds with the actors annoyed me. I don't want to say anything else, 'cause that could spoil it for others who haven't seen it.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

go to top