go to bottom

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-9-10 at 23:24
that looks like an amazing movie

Some things take more than a lifetime.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-9-11 at 00:28
it's wes anderson. you can't really go wrong.

bottlerocket, rushmore, royal tenenbaums.......

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-9-11 at 02:24
quotation:
Originally posted by 1lilrockerchic
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
Alien Vs Preditor was one of the worst movies i've seen in ages... i didn't even want to see it, but i was forced too.
-the bottom line- :dont see it!!!!!

I saw it on my time off at camp everyone I went with were freaked out...but I agree Ian it is the worst movie I've seen...I was kinda forced too... damn i should have seen The Village.

I saw Vanilla Sky on Sunday and OH MAN, that movie confused the poopie outta me. What was the point of the movie...Yea he was"frozen" to come back to life at a different point, but one cannot be frozen like that its impossible, isnt it?

It's a movie.

I watched Irreversible a few nights ago, now that was a good movie, technically anyway. The cinematography was amazing.

Oh, and I really want to see Elephant and The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. I've also finally gotten around to hiring Citizen Kane, so I'll get to see what the hype is about (I also got Mulholland Drive which I've been told is a bit different, can't go wrong with David Lynch though).

[Edited on 11-9-04 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-11 at 05:41
i just saw hero. wow. the entire film is the most beautiful thing ever. it is absolutely gorgeous. the story is somewhat confusing though minimal, becuase it was not what the filmmakers where focusing on when they made it. the first fight scene is breathtaking. and the locations... magnificent.
it gets my vote for best cinematography for sure.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-9-12 at 18:47
In the last two weeks I've watched all these movies.

Troy
Starsky&Hutch
Shaun of the dead
The girl next door
hidalgo (sucks)
pirates of the caribean
Farenheit 9/11
The village
I robot
spiderman 2
King arther (sucks)
Cat women (sucks)

gonna watch "dodgeball" soon

and then "supersize me", I will probally never eat mc donalds after it. I wonder how he got away with all the lawsuits and shit ?

out of that list , what do you think is the best movie ?

I thought I robot was awesome.

www.westpointrock.com

Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-9-12 at 19:11
quotation:
Originally posted by Mark
In the last two weeks I've watched all these movies.

Troy
Starsky&Hutch
Shaun of the dead
The girl next door
hidalgo (sucks)
pirates of the caribean
Farenheit 9/11
The village
I robot
spiderman 2
King arther (sucks)
Cat women (sucks)

gonna watch "dodgeball" soon

and then "supersize me", I will probally never eat mc donalds after it. I wonder how he got away with all the lawsuits and shit ?

out of that list , what do you think is the best movie ?

I thought I robot was awesome.

Troy - Great movie
Hidalgo - Amazing movie for Viggo. Really shows his diversity as an actor. One of his best works to date (not that anything will surpass LOTR)
Pirates of the Carribean - Fun, I love it.
I, Robot - Bastardization of one of Iaasic Asimov's greatest works. Will Smith should be shot.
Dodgeball - Shittay. The funny scenes in the trailer are about all the funny scenes in the movie. Not worth it.

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-9-12 at 23:51
Suspect Zero was not what I expected it to be, too gory for my liking... and it didnt help that the place smelt like crap. But a bunch of you will like it.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2004-9-13 at 02:07
farenheit 9/11 - you're average hyped up anti-bush movie, funny to watch, yet very biased

elephant - good movie, wonderfully played out

i want to see shaun of the dead, and sky captain...

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-9-13 at 02:08
the only movie i even remotely liked out of that list was 'shaun of the dead'. those crazy limey's are hilarious.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-13 at 05:19
I watched Mulholland Drive last night, that movie is about a 10 on my fucked up scale.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-9-13 at 05:50
"There are two types of people in the world: those who hate David Lynch, and those who are pretentious enough to claim they like David Lynch."

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-13 at 06:18
Actually there are three types of people in this World, those who can count and those who can't.
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-9-13 at 07:19
quotation:
Originally posted by Mark
Troy
Starsky&Hutch
Shaun of the dead
The girl next door
hidalgo (sucks)
pirates of the caribean
Farenheit 9/11
The village
I robot
spiderman 2
King arther (sucks)
Cat women (sucks)

of those movies i enjoyed Troy, Starsky & Hutch, Pirates, F9/11, and the Village (sort of), and still want to see Shaun badly.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-12-26 at 16:39
two movies i saw recently which i've really enjoyed are memento and the butterfly effect.

memento is about a guy who has no short-term memory - that is, he can remember who he is and everything before his wife was killed. since then he has not been able to keep any new memories for more than 5 minutes or so. he is trying to find the man who killed his wife and get revenge, but investigating a murder with no memory is pretty difficult. very well made.

the butterfly effect is about a guy who has blank spots in his memory at traumatic times, and when he's 20ish he finds a way to bring the memories back. but when he brings the memories back he is actually in control of himself in the past, and anything he changes can completely change the present, for him and anyone he has affected in life.

i recommend both to anyone interested.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-12-26 at 17:48
Memento is amazing. It's getting a bit older now, but it's a must see.

Butterfly effect was much, much better than I had expected. But I anticipated a pretty bad flick.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-12-26 at 21:32
Lmao has anyone seen Napoleon Dynamite? I think it's pretty damn halarious. Go rent that shit, bihatch. Then watch it with the director's commentary and spot little random things throughout the movie.

one last show.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-12-27 at 08:07
like the cheese on the nachos. yes you all must see it... multiple times.

meet the fockers was very funny too. they tried a little to hard to make it as funny as meet the parents (wich it still was not), and that made it quite over the top, however it was quite good. just dont see it with your parents (I had no choice).

and i just got back from the aviator. it was definately a too long (3 hours), but a very well made movie. there are parts that are very intense, and almost make it oncomfortable to watch, there were a few cuts that didn't make too much sense, and the ending felt somewhat unresolved, but overall it was an excellent movie. the begining was extra-enjoyable for me, being a filmmaker and acts as a fun introduction to the movie. cate blanchett, and Leo DiCaprio (supprisingly) delivered outstanding preformances. i recommend it.

Krista

Currently listening to: the hum of my computer

posted on 2004-12-27 at 21:13
Has anyone seen Closer? I was thinking of going to see it. I know you'll all think I'm nuts but I want to go see Fat Albert...maybe cause I grew up watching it or cause I know that it involves Cosby and it's bound to be funny. Has anyone seen it yet?
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-12-28 at 10:26
'closer' is actually really good. it was a real internal battle buying a ticket for that movie.... my 10 year superlove for natalie portman vs. julia roberts movie.....

natalie won.

an open letter to jude law:
i'm not exactly paul f'n mitchell, but just because you won "sexiest man on earth" this year, it doesn't mean you never have to do your hair ever again.

[Edited on 28-12-04 by mr. dobalina]

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-12-28 at 17:00
I wanna see closer... but im not sure when i'll see it.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-12-29 at 00:48
Just got back from watching 'Meet the Fockers'.
It really wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Usually sequels scare me, but this did have its moments. It did get a bit overdone at parts, and it made me wish they'd just move on to the next scene, but Robert DeNiro is great, and that's really what made me want to watch the movie in the first place.

Ooh, and when I get married, I want a cake with seashells and starfish and such. That was cute.

you won't let me down...

steveo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Bush - The Science Of Things

posted on 2004-12-29 at 00:59
quotation:
Originally posted by little_lady
Ooh, and when I get married, I want a cake with seashells and starfish and such. That was cute.

Just remember to take them off before you eat it

The most occasional (yet consistant) forum member in the world. Probably.

Sunshine. Moonlight. Good Times. Boogie.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-12-29 at 13:37
Everyone should go and see Saw, now. It's high time a good psychological thriller was released, and this is leaps and bounds above everything else in the genre, though I should warn you, it's not for the squeamish.

[Edited on 29-12-04 by Sin Ogaris]

5ilent Narcotic

Currently listening to: Death Cab For Cutie "Title & Registration"

posted on 2004-12-29 at 16:31
quotation:
Originally posted by Krista
Has anyone seen Closer? I was thinking of going to see it. I know you'll all think I'm nuts but I want to go see Fat Albert...maybe cause I grew up watching it or cause I know that it involves Cosby and it's bound to be funny. Has anyone seen it yet?

Closer was pretty good when I saw it, and even better when I remember it. I hope it gets some oscars nods, and ya Natalie Portman is the most appealling woman in the world, such a natural beauty. She best win best supporting actress, awesome perforances, and even julia roberts that talentless hack is even tolerable in this film.

And jude law just kicks ass

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-12-29 at 17:09
The Grudge .. scariest film I've ever seen

... I havent seen The Ring yet.

www.westpointrock.com

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

go to top