go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: quote me on it.
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-2-5 at 22:05
quote me on it.

as you all know, i watch too many movies and read inordinate amounts of literature, so it's almost inevitable that i've got a head swelling full of clever quotes that i've picked up along the way. and i'm sure you guys do too.

instead of changing your signature everytime you come across a great, profound, or funny quote, just post it in this thread from now on.

let's see what you guys can dig up from the 'net while you're at it.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-5 at 22:07
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

-Mark Twain

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2004-2-5 at 22:28
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada"

-Britney Spears

thats always been a favourite of mine.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2004-2-5 at 22:31
"I love seeing all my Mexican fans from the north"

-another britney classic

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-2-6 at 00:43
"What's love, but a second-hand emotion?"
haha..sorry, Tina Turner on my mind. I'll come up with something witty.

you won't let me down...

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2004-2-6 at 00:55
I remember britney saying something like "what is hinduism? Isn't that like a country in Europe?"

ohh myyy.

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-2-6 at 03:45
"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?" - Snatch (cracks me up every time I hear it)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2004-2-6 at 10:37
lock,stock and two smoking barrels:

"Will everyone stop getting shot!"

Possibly the best line in a movie.

www.westpointrock.com

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-2-6 at 13:20
Heh, that reminds me.

"Now, the one you shot in the neck, is he in there?"

"Oh, no. He got away."

"What did you shoot him with, a fucking air rifle?"

*silence*

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

I just wish I could remember the speech at the end of Boondock Saints, it's an awesome speech.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-2-6 at 13:59
Ooooh, and here's another two great quotes, both from Se7en, and both said by John Doe.

"When you want people to listen you can't just tap them on the shoulder any more, you have to hit them with a sledgehammer."

"Innocent, is that supposed to be funny? An obese man. A disgusting man who could barely stand up. A man who if you saw him down the street you would point him out to your friends so they could join you in mocking him. A man who if you saw while you were eating you wouldn't me able to finish your meal. And after him I picked the lawyer, and I'm sure you both secretly thanked me for that one. This was a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breathe he could muster to keep murderers, and rapists on the streets. A woman... A WOMAN! So ugly on the inside she couldn't bare to go on living if she couldn't be beautiful on the outside. A drug dealer, a drug dealing pedarest (sp?) actually. Oh, and let's not forget the disease spreading whore.

Only in a World this shitty, could you even try to say these were innocent people and keep a straight face. But that's the point. We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it, we tolerate it because it's common. It's, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon and night. Well not any more, I'm setting the example and what I've done will be puzzled over, and studied, and followed... forever...

You should be thanking me... because you're going to be remembered after this. Realise, Detective, the only reason I'm here right now is that I wanted to be... Oh, really? So, what were you doing? Biding your time? Toying with me? Allowing five "innocent" people to die, before you felt like springing your trap? Tell me, what was the indesputable evidence you were going to use on me, right before I walked up to you and put my hands in the air?...

"Oh, that's right and I seem to remember breaking your face. You're only alive because I didn't kill you... I spared you... Remember that, Detective, every time you look in the mirror at that face of yours, for the rest of your life, or should I say, for the rest of what life I have allowed you to have. <Mills bit> Don't ask me to pity those people, I don't mourn them any more than the thousands that died at Sodom and Gamorra."

"Is that to say, John, that what you're doing is God's good work?"

<best line of the whole thing coming up>

"The Lord works in mysterious ways."

Sorry about the length of that, but I can never get enough of that speech it's so chilling and powerful, I love it.

[Edited on 6-2-04 by Sin Ogaris]

3 Chambered Heart

Currently listening to: ThE LiViD/AlIeN AnT FaRm

posted on 2004-2-6 at 18:07
just got one....for now....

"Life Sucks....buy a helmut"

a friend of mine with a delightfully happy outlook on life.

I was created by Echo, but destroyed by Design

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-7 at 20:18
famous quotes about beer:

You can never buy beer, you just rent it. -- "Archie Bunker"

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. -- Al Bundy

Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian Credo

The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer. -- Ancient Egyptian wisdom

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night. -- Ancient Greek proverb

God has a brown voice, as soft and full as beer. -- Anne Sexton

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol. -- Anonymous

Beauty lies in the hands of the
beerholder. -- Anonymous

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life. -- Anonymous

Life is too short to drink cheap beer. -- Anonymous

Drink triple, see double, and act single. -- Anonymous

I drink, therefore, I am. -- Anonymous

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

There can't be good living where there is not good drinking. -- Benjamin Franklin

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven! -- Brian O'Rourke

You sit back in the darkness, nursing your beer, breathing in that ineffable aroma of the old-time saloon: dark wood, spilled beer, good cigars, and ancient whiskey - the sacred incense of the drinking man. -- Bruce Aidells

People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot. -- Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. -- Catherine Zandonella

SAM: What's new, Normie?
NORM: Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer. -- Cheers

SAM: What'd you like, Normie?
NORM: A reason to live. Give me another beer. -- Cheers

SAM: What'll you have Normie?
NORM: Well, I'm in a gambling mood, Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap.
SAM: Looks like beer, Norm.
NORM: Call me Mister Lucky. -- Cheers

WOODY: What's the story, Mr. Peterson?
NORM: The Bobbsey twins go to the brewery. Let's cut to the happy ending. -- Cheers

WOODY: Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you.
NORM: I know. If she calls, I'm not here. -- Cheers

WOODY: How's it going, Mr. Peterson?
NORM: Poor.
WOODY: I'm sorry to hear that.
NORM: No, I mean pour. -- Cheers

WOODY: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
NORM: All right, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty. -- Cheers

WOODY: What's going on, Mr. Peterson?
NORM: The question is what's going in Mr. Peterson? A beer please, Woody. -- Cheers

WOODY: How would a beer feel, Mr. Peterson?
NORM: Pretty nervous if I was in the room. -- Cheers

WOODY: Hey, Mr. Peterson, what's up?
NORM: The warranty on my liver. -- Cheers

SAM: What do you say, Norm?
NORM: Any cheap, tawdry thing that'll get me a beer. -- Cheers

COACH: What would you say to a beer, Normie?
NORM: Daddy wuvs you. -- Cheers

SAM: What do you know there, Norm?
NORM: How to sit. How to drink. Want to quiz me? -- Cheers

COACH: Can I draw you a beer, Norm?
NORM: No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one. -- Cheers

CLIFF: Hey, Norm, What's up?
NORM: My blood-alcohol level. -- Cheers

Let us drink for the replenishment of our strength, not for our sorrow. -- Cicero

The government will fall that raises the price of beer. -- Czech Saying

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. -- Dave Barry

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry

When I heated my home with oil, I used an average of 800 gallons a year. I have found that I can keep comfortably warm for an entire winter with slightly over half that quantity of beer. -- Dave Barry

All other nations are drinking Ray Charles beer and we are drinking Barry Manilow. -- Dave Barry

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. -- David Daye

Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine. -- David Moulton

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire. -- David Rains Wallace

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. -- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Life begins at 60 - 1.060, that is. -- Denny Conn

Prohibition makes you want to cry into your beer and denies you the beer to cry into. -- Don Marquis

Beer is a wholesome liquor....it abounds with nourishment. -- Dr. Benjamin Rush, American physician

Quaintest thoughts, queerest fancies come to life and fade away. What care I how time advances; I am drinking ale today. -- Edgar Allan Poe

I decided to stop drinking with creeps. I decided to drink only with friends. I've lost 30 pounds. -- Ernest Hemingway

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -- Ernest Hemingway

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. -- Ernest Hemmingway, "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

I'll have another beer. I'm not driving. -- Father Theodore, Trappist Monk

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -- Frank Sinatra

You can't have a Real Country unless you have a BEER and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER. -- Frank Zappa

Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer. -- Frekerick William

Beer does not make itself properly by itself. It takes an element of mystery and of things that no one can understand. -- Fritz Maytag, American brewer

I drink to make other people interesting. -- George Jean Nathan

If my mother was tied up and held ransom, I might think about making a light beer. -- Greg Koch, CEO and co-founder of Stone Brewing

Put it back in the horse! -- H. Allen Smith, after he drank his first American beer.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. -- Henny Youngman

All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind. -- Humphrey Bogart

I'm Catholic and I can't commit suicide, but I plan to drink myself to death. -- Jack Kerouac

I meditate and put on a rubber tire with three bottles of beer. Most of the time I just sit picking my nose and thinking. -- James Gould Cozzens on what he does in his study.

Gimme a pigfoot and a bottle of beer. -- Janis Joplin

Why do I drink? So that I can write poetry. -- Jim Morrison

We're wanted men, we'll strike again, but first let's have a beer. -- Jimmy Buffett

The pub knows a lot, almost as much as the churches. -- Joyce Carey

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. -- Kaiser Welhelm

"Sir, you're drunk!"
"Yes, Madam, I am. But in the morning, I will be sober and you will still be ugly." -- Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

Life alas, is very drear. Up with the glass, down with the beer! -- Louis Untermeyer

A pleasant apertif, as well as a good chaser for a short quick whiskey, as well again for a fine supper drink, is beer. -- M. F. K. Fisher, American writer

They didn't trademark everything back then. Now someone farts and they put a TM after it. Even Miller Lite says 'A Fine Pilsner Beer' on the label. It is a crime. -- Michael Jackson, the Beer Hunter

Women and drink. Too much of either can drive you to the other. -- Michael Still

I drink when I have occasion, and sometimes when I have no occasion. -- Miguel de Cervantes

Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -- Oscar Wilde

He was a wise man who invented beer. -- Plato

God made yeast, as well as dough, and he loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beer has long been the prime lubricant in our social intercourse and the sacred throat-anointing fluid that accompanies the ritual of mateship. To sink a few cold ones with the blokes is both an escape and a confirmation of belonging. -- Rennie Ellis

What event is more awfully important to an English colony than the erection of its first brewhouse? -- Reverend Sidney Smith

The Church is near by the road is icy. The bar is far away but I will walk carefully. -- Russian Proverb

No, sir: There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn. -- Samuel Johnson

I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety. -- Shakespeare, King Henry V

Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink that they may live. -- Socrates

I recommend..bread, meat, vegetables, and beer. -- Sophocles

I work until beer o'clock. -- Stephen King

There is more to life than beer alone, but beer makes those other things even better. -- Stephen Morris

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. -- Tom Waits

I don't have a drinking problem, except when I can't find a drink. -- Tom Waits

Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink. -- Tucker Max

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. -- W. C. Fields

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields

I drink with impunity...or anyone else who invites me. -- W.C. Fields

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale. -- Washington Irving

They who drink beer will think beer. -- Washington Irving

The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk, they're sober. -- William Butler Yeats

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. -- Winston Churchill

Whiskey and Beer are a man's worst enemies... but the man that runs away from his enemies is a coward! -- Zeca Pagodinho (Brazilian songwriter)

[Edited on 7-2-04 by mr. dobalina]

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-2-7 at 21:20
"Behind every man there's a woman...shaking her head".

Love it.

you won't let me down...

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-14 at 03:28
from The Boondock Saints

Connor Mac Manus: Now you will receive us.
Murphy MacManus: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
Connor Mac Manus: We do not want your tired and sick.
Murphy MacManus: It is your corrupt we claim.
Connor Mac Manus: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
Murphy MacManus: With every breath, we shall hunt them down.
Connor Mac Manus: Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies.
Murphy MacManus: Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
Connor Mac Manus: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
Murphy MacManus: There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain.
Connor Mac Manus: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it.
Murphy MacManus: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-14 at 03:37
the MacManus family prayer.......

[Connor and Murphy always pray over their victims.]
Connor & Murphy: And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...

[they cock their guns]

Connor & Murphy: ...et spiritus sancti.

[blam!!]

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-2-14 at 06:39
Woo, I reckon those two quotes are awesome.
Jake
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: The Living End

posted on 2004-2-14 at 10:23
From Fawlty Towers:

Mrs Tibbs: We don't think you're well Mr Fawlty

Basil: Well, perhaps not, but I'll live longer than you.

Female.

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Jake
Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-2-14 at 22:16
"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it."

Sir Winston Churchill.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Lucy

Currently listening to: The Beatles

posted on 2004-2-15 at 01:33
Here are a few of my favourite:

The more we expect others to live up to some standard, the more fearful we become.

You make your own world and you live within it or change for the better.

I do not settle for anything that I cannout understand.

Stupidity cannot be enlightened.

[Edited on 15-2-04 by Lucy]

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-2-15 at 16:16
"Lucy, you got some explain' to do".... hahahahaha

"The only thing necessairy for evil to triumph, is if good men do nothing"

one last show.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2004-2-15 at 16:30
I can't remember exact quotes, but there's a bunch of awesome ones from "Fight Club".

www.sluggy.com

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-2-15 at 16:46
Oops.

*"The only thing necessairy for the triumph of evil, if for good men to do nothing."

one last show.

Lucy

Currently listening to: The Beatles

posted on 2004-2-15 at 19:01
What is it that needs explaining????

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2004-2-15 at 19:11
Fugitive Pieces - Anne Michaels

"Find a way to make beauty necessary, find a way to make necessity beautiful."

"How do we know there is a God? Because he keeps dissappearing."

"The one you love maintains your mind."

"Therefore I began with failure and had nowhere to go."

"Murder steals from a man his future. It steaks from him his own death. But it must not steal from him his life."

"The best teacher lodges an intent not in the mind but in the heart."

"every moment is two moments."

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-7-14 at 07:04
"from a scale of 1-10 how old do you think micheal jackson's boyfriend is?" - Triumph the insult comic dog.

you guys should check it out if you havent seen him its really funny first watch the micheal jackson interveiws
Here

then check out some other funny clips Here

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

<<  1    2  >>

go to top