go to bottom

<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: Alexisonfire
nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-2 at 22:55
I had streamed one of their mp3's about a year ago with MP3.com. I wasn't too impressed with the song so I threw them off.

I decided to give them another listen and they're aren't all that bad. Not as good as say Open Hand or Hopesfall, it was good though.

I'm not too sure what had threw me off other than the one song that I had listen to. Could of possibly been the fact that I first heard of them by shoutweb.com. They usually have no idea on what the hell they are talking about. It could of also been the odd song titles... example "Polaroids for Polar Bears".

I'm disappointed that I hadn't streamed one of their other songs at the time.

I'm a bit disappointed as well that the three bands of Hopesfall... Moneen... and Alexisonfire aren't stopping in Kansas City.

[Edited on 2-9-04 by nickelback_2202]

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

Millard
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Thrice

posted on 2004-9-3 at 02:45
my favourite name would either be Counterparts and Number Them or "Hey it's your funeral mama"

"A Mirror that hasn't met my fist but i can'h help but feelin' i'm due for a miracle"

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-3 at 04:12
It was fear of myself that made me odd is an interesting title. i like the sound of side walk when she walks, cathy title in my opinon

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

nott

Currently listening to: Alexisonfire, Rufio, Story of the Year

posted on 2004-9-3 at 15:18
It seems as though almost all of their titles have a deeper meaning than the lyrics of the song let on. Either that or they just randomly name their songs after the lyrics are done.

On the topic, my favourite titles include:
Counterparts and Number Them, Waterwings (And Other Poolside Fashion Faux Pas), Pulmonary Archery, Side Walk When She Walks, Sharks and Danger...

Oh so many to choose from.

"This shit is not about pants. And this shit is not about shirts. And this shit is definitely not about hair. This shit is about having a good fucking time." - AOF

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-17 at 04:26
Guess who finally convinced his dad to let him go to the Alexisonfire concert? I am so excited i can't wait

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-9-17 at 04:41
I can't stand bands that scream like that so excessively. I was one of the people booing them off stage at that disturbed show

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-17 at 04:43
I can't stand people that say they hate alexisonfire cause of the screaming that haven't given their new album a chance. there is a huge difference. i didn't like there old stuff but their new stuff is amazing

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-9-17 at 05:43
To humour you SideO_JR, I opened one of the videos linked off the Alexisonfire website from the new album. It was entitled "Pulmonary Archery". Great music, the singer has a great voice. I listened thru the whole song and you know what? I won't listen to it again. Why? Because I don't understand 90% of the lyrics. It's all noise to me. That band would be excellent if they allowed their singer to develop his voice further and taught the guy who screams how to do something a little more... I dunno, conductive to the band's success... like move equipment. I can't say that they're doing badly as a band - they've gone gold on this new disc and they're still indie, but I dunno. Most of the people whom I talk to you change the station when they hear the name "Alexisonfire".

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-17 at 06:06
woiw thanks for making such a good example of what i said. Pulmonary archery is off their old cd, and i agree with you its not the greatest song. try listening to something off their new cd.

and i don't mean to be offensive.

o and thanks for humouring me

[Edited on 17-9-04 by SideO_JR]

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-9-17 at 15:19
LMAO Well that would explain it. It says on the website "new!" so I figured it was off the new disc. LOL my bad.

Millard
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Thrice

posted on 2004-9-17 at 16:06
haha check, yah check out accidents, no transitory, they are more "pussy" friendly, hah i'm kidding

Yah i just saw them again at fanshaw, they absolutly rocked the house!!

[Edited on 17-9-04 by Millard]

"A Mirror that hasn't met my fist but i can'h help but feelin' i'm due for a miracle"

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-9-17 at 19:06
Wait, these guys don't have a label? What moronic people!

one last show.

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-9-18 at 11:30
Old Alexis = Poop
New Alexis = Ear Candy

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-9-23 at 16:56
AOF is technically an indie band. They get distribution across North America and Europe from Distort and Equal Vision recordings. I believe Distort Records are tied in with EMI somehow, which would explain how they're distributed so widely now.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-10-14 at 21:10
haha I know you love my new avatar. I made it all by myself! I was looking through my old toys the other day and I found my tiny plastic polar bear toy and I thought "OH MY! I have to make an Alexisonfire icon!" so I rushed to find my digital camera. The polarbear posed for several photos, until I was finally happy with one and he finally looked like a polar bear in the picture, instead of a white blob. Then I added the font, made it all flashy and yay and there you have it! A super "Polaroids of Polarbears" avatar. HOORAY!

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-14 at 23:07
Can you make me a Water Wings one?

one last show.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2004-10-14 at 23:59
Sure, man.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-15 at 02:07
Yay.

(1800 posts later, I've come to 'yay' as my most brilliant post)

[Edited on 15-10-2004 by Pure_Ibanez_Sound]

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-10-15 at 20:58
i got the video for "counterparts and number them" and i don't really like it (song i mean, the video's amusing in parts). not my kinda thing.

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

posted on 2004-10-16 at 02:52
But that's an older song. You may like their new stuff.
My favourite part in that video is when that girl is crying over her broken pogo stick HAHA.

<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top