go to bottom

<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: School
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-9-11 at 02:21
High School is NOT the be all and end all. It bugs me when people think that, because then you have kids slitting their wrists since they failed a couple of classes. There are numerous other ways to get yourself into the workforce, hell, for some occupations you're better off leaving school early (provided an opportunity arises to follow your career) and not finish, since it'll just be a waste of precious workplace experience.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2004-9-13 at 08:41
i hate working, delay it as long as you can!

ta bi

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-13 at 12:36
Working rules, I get paid to drive around and listen to my cds all night (I throw in a delivery here and there too).
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-9-13 at 17:32
if you like driving that sounds like a great job actually - as long as it's not raining and stuff.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-14 at 12:39
Yeah, rain sucks. Especially back when I had bald tyres, the stupid car would slide out in dry weather, it was insane in the wet.
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-9-14 at 21:21
what do you deliver?

Some things take more than a lifetime.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-14 at 21:54
unspeakable products. what are you the cops?

i thought it was well known that sin delivered illegal substances

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-9-14 at 22:36
My problem with work is uniforms. Most of the time, they're not very...feminine? Not that I'm expecting v-necks and skirts, but...large golf shirts which are tres baggy and pants...not my idea of comfortable clothing.

you won't let me down...

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-9-14 at 23:01
Sounds pretty comfortable to me! My alexisonfire "shirt" is like a dress on me.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-9-14 at 23:03
I can't get used to baggy clothing, I guess...not that it has to be skin tight, but it has to be sort of fitted somehow..

you won't let me down...

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-9-14 at 23:03
quotation:
Originally posted by Sin Ogaris
There are numerous other ways to get yourself into the workforce, hell, for some occupations you're better off leaving school early (provided an opportunity arises to follow your career) and not finish, since it'll just be a waste of precious workplace experience.

See, I know in Ont. you have to have your High School Diploma or you will be stuck in some crap ass job like Mc Donalds. I rather not get stuck in a job like that so I need to get High School and Post Secondary Diplomas and I will be a happy little child.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-15 at 01:12
Don't you guys have TAFE over there?

Oh, and if you want a job with more feminine clothing, gain a few years and work in a bar or a club, the girls there generally have lowcut tops and short shirts/shorts. Of course Canada could be different. As for what I deliver, food. Various types of food. I go to a restaurant, pick up the meal, deliver it to the customer. Piss easy job.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-15 at 03:29
yeah, food sin. right. Dez is so gonna work at a club someday

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Millard
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Thrice

posted on 2004-9-20 at 17:15
it has been 12 days since i've came here, i've dropped 500 bucks on booze, please send money

"A Mirror that hasn't met my fist but i can'h help but feelin' i'm due for a miracle"

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2004-9-20 at 17:36
i need a job, i quit my safari job almost a month ago and i am seriously runnin out of money!!! GR...i need a job for christmas

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-9-20 at 17:54
oh fun jenny!

wells girly I cannot help you with a job... cause well I live in mississauga and you live well in hammy town( a great city to be in) so theres the distance that cant help you.... lol.

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Jake
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: The Living End

posted on 2004-9-20 at 21:29
quotation:
Originally posted by Sin Ogaris
Don't you guys have TAFE over there?

In England, the nearest thing I can think of would be doing a college course. It's more hands-on than uni, and is often more specific than say 'maths' at uni.

(Where in Australia are you from/live?)

Female.

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Jake
Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-9-21 at 00:44
Melbourne now, great time too as the Grand Final is on. First time in the history of AFL that two interstate teams are playing in the Grand Final. This is just going to fuel the "Why does the final have to be played at the MCG it's a strain for interstate teams to play there." If the other states can build a stadium that holds as many, go for it, until then they should quit their bloody whinging. </rant>

For those who don't know TAFE is basically a substitute for university and school over here. A lot of people I know who dropped out of high school moved on to TAFE to get a certificate in something. It seems to be more tech related, but there's also nursing, media courses, basically anything you can do at uni, only without the extra requirements. Hell, you can even get your high school certificate if you take the right course. I just figured the rest of the WOrld had the same thing considering we tend to be BEHIND you guys (Canada, US, England), it seems strange that we would have a system such as this one (it is a really good idea, even if the general consensis of uni goers is that TAFE students are idiots, too stupid to make it into Uni, actually it's more like a running gag) when you guys don't.

<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top