go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Amazing Lyrics
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-17 at 04:06
Amazing Lyrics

I was just wondering...who writes the lyrics for The Livid? Out of all the bands I listen to their's has the most meanings to their songs. No matter how i feel i can always find one of their songs to express myself. Its great.

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-9-17 at 05:35
If I remember right it's Chris Schembri that writes the lyrics, at least on the first two albums. Justin may have written one or two of the newer songs but I'm not sure.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
powerman5k

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-17 at 06:37
On the first two albums Jeremy also wrote some stuff...

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2003-9-17 at 20:48
chris writes the majority

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-9-17 at 21:23
Yes, its usually Chris.. Justin's been writing some new stuff too, atleast that's what I hear. But they both have quite the creative mind, that spit out some extremely "powerful" lyrics.

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-9-17 at 22:21
yes they do i am very impressed
DeeDee
Posting Machine

posted on 2003-9-18 at 01:58
*nods head*

Kevinnn

Currently listening to: One

posted on 2003-9-19 at 02:02
yah chris does right a big portion of the lyrics. he wrote a big portion of them on fear of fading but i dunno about sink and shaded and reckless and everytrhing else.

"Ah'd trade mah wife before ah'd trade ma GIT-tahr"

Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-7 at 21:34
Woah! I thought Chris basically was The Livid. At least that's what I was told. And I was also told that he writes everything the band does, Guitar and bass, drums, vocal patterns.... and all the lyrics. Basically according to my source, the other guys are just there to fill in the empty spaces of the other original members, considering Chris is the last remaining one.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-10-7 at 21:36
quotation:
Originally posted by Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1
Woah! I thought Chris basically was The Livid. At least that's what I was told. And I was also told that he writes everything the band does, Guitar and bass, drums, vocal patterns.... and all the lyrics. Basically according to my source, the other guys are just there to fill in the empty spaces of the other original members, considering Chris is the last remaining one.

Errrr nope ! They are a proper band

www.westpointrock.com

Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-7 at 21:46
Hmmm..... could have my facts wrong . But I'm fairly sure I don't bud. Sound too much like a guitarist wrote everything in this last song. And all the older stuff is way too guitar oriented to have been any sort of a group effort. And a band is a proper band as long as they form a band, hence the word band. I know they're a proper band as I've seen them play live. Just becauase I said he writes it all himself doesn't mean I'm saying they're not a proper band. I'm simply saying that he's the song writer.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-10-7 at 21:49
If you look at the tabs

Words by Chris Schembri
Music by Christian Kennerney and Chris
Schembri
Arranged by Adam Benning, Justin Humes,
Christian Kennerney and Chris Schembri

www.westpointrock.com

Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-7 at 21:52
G'SUS! Of course you're gonna credit them. Or else they'd become disgruntled employees and leave the band, and Chris doesn't need more of that 'people leaving the band stuff'. If you let your ears listen to that song bud, you'll hear guitarist all over the place. Vocal patterns too repetitive to have been done by a singer, especially a Velvet Empire one.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-10-8 at 00:11
just ask "tremendous".

ta bi

curbside_gal
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the illP

posted on 2003-10-8 at 01:37
quotation:
G'SUS! Of course you're gonna credit them. Or else they'd become disgruntled employees and leave the band, and Chris doesn't need more of that 'people leaving the band stuff'. If you let your ears listen to that song bud, you'll hear guitarist all over the place. Vocal patterns too repetitive to have been done by a singer, especially a Velvet Empire one.

oh boi watch out! dude don't start ne thang

{Hocus Pocus i'm losing focus - you knock me off of my feet with your kiss - Ain't got no reason to compromise when i'm with u i'm in paradise } Rides Again ... rides ... again???

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
DeeDee
Posting Machine

posted on 2003-10-8 at 01:40
k, if Chris did everything, then the other guys probably wouldnt be there cuz they arent that stupid to let someone control them like that

gawd

MrBojangles

Currently listening to: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Reckless

posted on 2003-10-8 at 01:57
quotation:
Originally posted by SideO_JR
I was just wondering...who writes the lyrics for The Livid? Out of all the bands I listen to their's has the most meanings to their songs. No matter how i feel i can always find one of their songs to express myself. Its great.

Personally i think the band that is in your avatar writes better lyrics. And the singer is the BEST vocalist i've ever heard.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of MrBojangles ICQ status of MrBojangles
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-8 at 03:45
ya finger eleven is great......HoobaGuy u sure been quite the shit disturber lately....
Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-8 at 14:01
I hope the guys aren't that stupid to be controled becuase that leads to a very unhappy band. Anyways, most band members don't really care as long as songs are getting written and they get paid.

curbside_gal
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: the illP

posted on 2003-10-8 at 21:57
quotation:
I hope the guys aren't that stupid to be controled becuase that leads to a very unhappy band. Anyways, most band members don't really care as long as songs are getting written and they get paid.

um, rite??? it seems someone is a wee bit bitter, i think it also has to do with loving music, and loving the rush of being on stage, but hey that could just be me... not. dude quit piss'n people off!

{Hocus Pocus i'm losing focus - you knock me off of my feet with your kiss - Ain't got no reason to compromise when i'm with u i'm in paradise } Rides Again ... rides ... again???

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-10-9 at 00:29
Am I the only one hoping that Bart, Chris or Ish ban this guy.. I'm really getting sick of him. The topic of his posts are all the same, and he's just pissing everyone off. According to him, The Livid are just one big fake to elevate Chris as a "super artist". But maybe if we all just ignore this fag, he'll go back to masturbating to DeeDee's avatar.

one last show.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-10-9 at 09:18
he is being watched. however, he is entitled to his opinion, and apart from his awful spelling and generally misinformed "facts", he hasn't really done anything too bad. also i find friction amusing, so there's a plus.

but seriously, kids, if you have a problem with any post, click the "report" tab and let us know. we will deal with it.

ta bi

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2003-10-9 at 14:34
Urge to report Chris rising... rising...

On a related note, it'd be nice to know who Hoobafingbus' "source" is. You'd think, considering he seems to know every little thing about the band, that it'd be someone close to the guys (that is, of course, if s/he is real and not just one of Hoobafingbus' "friends" ).

[Edited on 9-10-03 by Sin Ogaris]

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2003-10-9 at 23:28
I write the guitar parts and most of the lyrics. That really isn't everything is it?
3 Chambered Heart

Currently listening to: ThE LiViD/AlIeN AnT FaRm

posted on 2003-10-10 at 13:07
quotation:

Somebody wanna share with me? whats wrong with this kid? Chris Schembri is an extremely talented guitarist, and that is why alot of the guitar lines and licks seem to be "all over the place" as you put it
but if you take the time to actually pay attn instead of going by what people told you, you'd know that both Adam and Christian are equally as gifted in their own realm. Let me ask you this.. Stankhoobafingshortbus or whatever....what do you know about music, now be sure u are aware this is not an attack but simply a question.
The Livid are nipping at the heels of superstardom and you sit here and pick apart everything they do? Well I can only assume you play sold out shows at the molson ampitheatre weekly in order to justify your criticism...because the truth is none of us are anywhere near the success these guys have already aquired and the climb for them seems to be getting shorter by the min. So it seems to me that they are doing something right and it is not one guy that makes the band
it is THE LIVID as a collective unit.
So once again I ask, justify to me that we should take your criticism with anything more than a chuckle as you come accross to me at least as an immature jealous person who takes pleasure in the degradtionof others....so again i say
thanks for your opinnion though

I was created by Echo, but destroyed by Design

<<  1    2  >>

go to top