go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Amazing Lyrics
3 Chambered Heart

Currently listening to: ThE LiViD/AlIeN AnT FaRm

posted on 2003-10-10 at 13:13
Oh and by the way I forgot to mention Justin in this little tirade of mine and for that I appologize but he does not need to prove anything to us or anybody else though as he has already shown he is one of the best in Canada or anywhere else for that matter!
Sorry for leaving ya out though bud!

I was created by Echo, but destroyed by Design

Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:09
When you ask what I know about music, are you referring to music historically? Or actually playing a musical instrument? You might be surprised at my answer to either of the two above-noted possiblities.

Anyways, I don't see why you'd want me banned. All I'm doing is being different. "Picking Apart" things accomplishes something people. It just might maybe cause a band that I thoroughly enjoy to look at the reasons behind my citing certain things. Nipping at the heels of superstardom? No doubt the guys are a talented band, but they have a lot of development to get through before any sort of thing involving the word superstar comes into play. Don't get me wrong, they've got all the makings of a successful band, but the four haven't been together as a full unit long enough to start talking about how they're gonna be the next metallica. Maybe it's just me, but I personally find that it really sucks when a good band starts to allow themselves to get an oversized head thanks to people constantly praising them. The moment a band crosses into the land of the arrogant, is the moment that band loses touch with themselves. With what they can truly become. I hope that they (the band) and the older fans can appreciate that. As I'm sure I'll just get another couple of from the fans that just too god damn immature to react in any manner which might actually be considered civil.

As for my credentials, I don't feel it would change any of your opinions about me if you found out that all the things you're mocking me for 'not having' or for 'not knowing' or for 'never doing' actually ended up being things that I do have, that I do know, and I am currently doing. So there is no need for me to try to 'boost' my image on these boards. Yes Chris, you're right, not alot of people would spend time writing on an indie band's forums, but I am taking the time. And maybe I just might be a bigger fan then Joe Somebody who keeps screaming at the top of their lungs "YOU GUYS ROCK!" and what not. I don't really understand why my points cause so much animosity. Personally, I enjoy hearing people's honest criticism about my works, not hearing them tell me it's awesome, and then when I show others, or pitch my ideas to others, I get jackhammered becuase that first person was too much of a fan to be honest with me. But maybe that's just me.

*edit*

And yes Justin is a very talented singer. Question is, does his voice really suit this type of music? I'm going to have to side with their manager's original thoughts on Justin when he first heard him over the phone and say no not really. I just think Justin is in the wrong niche. But that's a personal taste.

And the making fun of names thing just makes your post lose all it's intellectual purpose.

[Edited on 10-10-03 by Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1]

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:37
This guy needs to re-read through all his shit... figure out what point he's trying to make across...

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:39
quotation:

Personally, I enjoy hearing people's honest criticism about my works, not hearing them tell me it's awesome, and then when I show others, or pitch my ideas to others, I get jackhammered becuase that first person was too much of a fan to be honest with me. But maybe that's just me.

so tell me, where can i hear some of your work...honestly i would really like to hear it...with great expectations of course since u have such high onces for a band like the Livid who are just starting to lift off the ground....so please...lets hear some

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:41
quotation:
Originally posted by 3 Chambered Heart
quotation:
Originally posted by Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1
Woah! I thought Chris basically was The Livid. At least that's what I was told. And I was also told that he writes everything the band does, Guitar and bass, drums, vocal patterns.... and all the lyrics. Basically according to my source, the other guys are just there to fill in the empty spaces of the other original members, considering Chris is the last remaining one.

Somebody wanna share with me? whats wrong with this kid? Chris Schembri is an extremely talented guitarist, and that is why alot of the guitar lines and licks seem to be "all over the place" as you put it
but if you take the time to actually pay attn instead of going by what people told you, you'd know that both Adam and Christian are equally as gifted in their own realm. Let me ask you this.. Stankhoobafingshortbus or whatever....what do you know about music, now be sure u are aware this is not an attack but simply a question.
The Livid are nipping at the heels of superstardom and you sit here and pick apart everything they do? Well I can only assume you play sold out shows at the molson ampitheatre weekly in order to justify your criticism...because the truth is none of us are anywhere near the success these guys have already aquired and the climb for them seems to be getting shorter by the min. So it seems to me that they are doing something right and it is not one guy that makes the band
it is THE LIVID as a collective unit.
So once again I ask, justify to me that we should take your criticism with anything more than a chuckle as you come accross to me at least as an immature jealous person who takes pleasure in the degradtionof others....so again i say
thanks for your opinnion though

You own nice words

www.westpointrock.com

Mark

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:46
hoobasfing has done nothing wrong

Its just his initial posts came across the wrong sorta way.

At least he has some sorta intellect

www.westpointrock.com

3 Chambered Heart

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:49
Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, and yes you make a solid point about making fun of your name and i appologize. A few of your posts did get under my skin and I should not have allowed it.
Now you say you may be a bigger fan then the rest of those who appreciate the band by telling them that they rock. Well I will be perfectly honest with ya, in my opinion they do rock, and unless i am qualified to give criticism i keep my damn mouth shut. ( I by the way am NOT qualified ) You stated that they have not been together long enough etc. to that I respond with have you ever seen one of their shows live? If you have and truthfully have you would likely realize that the time together is irrealevent their stage performance is tight and they seldomly if ever miss the proveribial beat, so I miss the point on the duration of the band.
As far as the vocals go, you are entitled to your opinion and you stated it a little more tastefully than you did last time.
I disagree with your opinion and thats fine, no hostility.
I think the reason for my outbursts as of late is this: If you want to state your opinion you are welcome too. If you want to offer criticism that is justified and qualified thats cool too. But jumping on the board and accusing the band of being lazy, and telling the rest of us that we are blinded by the fact that they are a local band is not only irrealevant its retarded.
I personally believe you have no other intention in all of your posts other than to upset people. congrats you have got under my skin .
Bottom line do us all a favour and try to keep your shit together when posting out here and just before you punch that post button think about what you are about say.
Thanks

Mark

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:53
" If you want to state your opinion you are welcome too. If you want to offer criticism that is justified and qualified thats cool too. But jumping on the board and accusing the band of being lazy, and telling the rest of us that we are blinded by the fact that they are a local band is not only irrealevant its retarded. "

Good point.

www.westpointrock.com

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:53
Anyways, besides from all of this.. I was listening to Clear Me today and realized it had some 'amazing lyrics' which is THE MAIN IDEA OF THIS WHOLE THREAD'. Send huge boring pm's that just bitch to each other if you really have to.
But here's the lyric.-"At least I can say, the one's I love are still here to love me. I know that I would break, if I had to be convinced that their above me."...or something like that.

one last show.

Mark

posted on 2003-10-10 at 19:59
Yeah back to Lyrics

I think "reckless" has some pretty awesome lyrics

I also agree with the lyrics in "clear me" -that song is soo powerful.

[Edited on 10/10/03 by Mark]

www.westpointrock.com

3 Chambered Heart

posted on 2003-10-10 at 20:04
You guys are right, that will be the last outburst!

got a question, anybody know where the lyrics to "sixteen" came from?

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-10-10 at 23:21
quotation:
Originally posted by Pure_Ibanez_Sound
...some 'amazing lyrics' which is THE MAIN IDEA OF THIS WHOLE THREAD'. Send huge boring pm's that just bitch to each other if you really have to.

Good Frickin Call.
PMs. Or a Flaming Thread in Unrelated if you want to bitch at each other. I haven't deleted it for the sole reason that I find all this very funny.

Carry on.

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-10-10 at 23:46
hi. i need a poo.

ta bi

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-10-10 at 23:51
^ROFL^ Why are the randomest things the funniest? But anywho, would you like a donation?

one last show.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-10-11 at 17:34
the lyrics for falling behing are very very good....(and by the way....i think chris is known for his on or two word posts...there great)
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2003-10-12 at 04:47
Chris, I appreciate the randomness (My bset friend "Chris" is probably the most random person that ever lived), but is it nessisary to post something like "hi. i need a poo." without later asking a question, or stating something relevant.

and i am not looking to "doo" battle with you, like hoobafingbus and everyone else, im just wondering if it is imperitive that you post such pointless things.

On another note, i just wanted to add that along whith the other songs with great lyrics that have already been mentioned, should be live to imitate and Broke and crossed (instrumental) ... ... Joke ...

[Edited on 12-10-03 by armour_guitarist]

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-10-12 at 11:41
hi.

ta bi

<<  1    2  >>

go to top