go to bottom

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-4 at 09:58
I got personally pissed off watching "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"... pretty pathetic of what some people will do for money. Horror films never seem to have an affect on me most of the time... check out "28 Days Later" or "The Day After" though.

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-4-4 at 10:02
I've always wanted to see the original texas chainsaw massacre. I quite enjoy watching horrors. The halloween series has been my favourite. If you want to watch a good "end of the world" movie, watch "The Stand". If you have 6 hours of free time, that is.

"The day after"? Does that have anything to do with "28 days later"?

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-4 at 10:11
"The Day After" was a movie made back in the 80's or so about the cold war. Pretty good and it might of been the only movie I found chilling.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-4 at 10:15
Nice, if I see it in a video store, I'll take a look at it.

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-4 at 10:28
Don't know if u'll be able to find it... old movie made by ABC but I bought it a while back. I still need to rent "Freddy vs Jason" and need to check out the new Matrix movie coming out Tuesday.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-4 at 10:37
I wouldn't get too excited over freddy vs. Jason. It wasn't as bad as Halloween: Ressurection (Bustah rhymes?), but it wasn't very entertaining. I'd stay away from cabin fever, as well.

We have a video store here called Rogers video, and they tend to had some older movies. Plus, any sort of independant place has heaps of older classics.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-4-4 at 16:04
i haven't seen freddy vs jason, but it has a killswitch engage song on its soundtrack, called "when darkness falls". awesome song.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-5 at 06:39
Let down movies:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(I didn't find it scary at all)
Cabin Fever (not proffesional at all)
freddy vs jason(somewhat amusing, but corny)

I find old freddy movies freaky, its scary thinking about not having any control while you sleep. I donno

I watch donnie darko tonight. Quite good. very good actually

Good movie
Butterfly effect

really inspired me to study the chaos theory

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-4-5 at 12:05
the name game cont.

i will bestow a prize upon the person who can name this aquatic gentleman.

[he's my hero. seriously.]

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-4-5 at 12:56
he looks a bit like george michael, but what do i know...

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-4-5 at 12:57
I went and saw 50 First Dates, I was going to see The Butterfly Effect but it was sold out. As for FFD I didn't like it, typical Adam Sandler movie so there weren't any surprises. Only good thing was there was only one part in the movie where Sandler did his trademark over acting, which was a welcome change. Anyway, if you're a fan of his you'll probably like it, I'm not so therefore, I didn't.

Oh, and I dunno the dude.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-5 at 14:57
I stared at it for a while, but I don't know.

I sort of liked 50 first dates. I don't know why, but I did. You're right, though, it's just another sandler movie. Nothing new.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-4-5 at 15:56
read some of my posts earlier on in this thread. i've made it pretty clear who my favorite director is.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-5 at 16:57
Well, I gave a quick read through and I could only find you giving alot of praise to Sophia Coppola.

The director of Rushmore, maybe? But at the same time the picture looks like it could be really old. Still stumped.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-4-5 at 16:58
the director of the movies i referred to as 'the holy trinity'

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-5 at 17:05
Really making me work for this, eh?

Paul Thomas Anderson.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2004-4-5 at 17:11
Has anyone seen "The Corporation" or "The Fog of War"? A couple of documentary films which are out in selected theatres now. Definitely good films to check out.

The Fog of War is pretty much an interview With Robert McNamara, the Secretary of Defense for the US during the Cuban missile crisis and Vietnam.

The premise behind "The Corporation" is that way back when corporations first started up, some lawyers got the Supreme Court to rule that corporations should be considered people by law. The documentary then does a psychlogical evaluation of these "people". It's pretty interesting.

[Edited on 5-4-04 by RobH]

www.sluggy.com

fragglebabble

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-7 at 22:44
I just wanna say one thing... We all owe great homage to S.R and "ASH" who so elequently pulled off such imfamous lines as... "Show me some sugar." & "I am king!"
Where would cheap comedy and old school horror be without the tale of the "book of the dead"?? The trilogy way not scare anyone, but atleast it keeps you entertained and laughing while asking the same question over and over and over again in your head...
= "WHAT??"
And while I'm here...
Lets be honest (Adam)... The evil dead movies are NOT freaky or scary!! They're as much sci-fi/fantasy as they MAY be horror, and no more or less so than others of the time (etc. hellraiser or children of the corn) !!!!!!!!
Ok that's it. thanx

( That's the most I've ever writtenon here!!! )

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-7 at 22:49
It's actually "give me some sugar, baby". There are more catch phrases in those movies that I can think of. Army of Darkness is a brilliant movie. One of my favourites ever. It's really more of a comedy. And, I think I have said this before, but I'm glad they didn't keep the original ending to that movie.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-4-9 at 00:42
Wee, I saw The Butterfly Effect finally. I must say, I thought it was a great movie, and (although the people I saw it with will disagree) it made a whole lot of sense to me. My main qualm was Amy Smarts acting in the film, I didn't think she was very good in it, but Ashton Kutcher did well, especially considering the style he was beginning to build himself into (I find there's nothing worse than an actor who plays the same role in all their movies). I felt it maybe could have been longer, put a bit more emphasis on the Tommy subplot, but all in all it worked out really well.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-4-9 at 01:17
Critics didn't think too highly of it...
[Neither did Joel lol]
But...Paige, Jorge,both Chris' (reivax and PIS) and now YOU, plus myself all liked it...so yay.
Paige and I cried lol...I did like twice..lol

you won't let me down...

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-4-9 at 04:33
I STILL can't stop thinking about that movie. Wow. Just...wow.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-9 at 04:34
I thoghtit was one of the, if not the best, movie i have ever seen

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-4-9 at 04:37
The bathtub scene was sooooo hard for me...

you won't let me down...

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-4-9 at 04:40
It was such an emotional scene and then everyone laughed when he said
*************SEMI-SPOILER

"I can't even kill myself"

maybe everryone just laughed because of how fucked up this town is tho

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

go to top