go to bottom

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-2-3 at 02:55
Brigitte and Ginger aren’t in Bailey Downs anymore. The Fitzgerald sisters find themselves in a place more bleak and depressing than the suburbs-- 19th century Canada. On the run, Brigitte and Ginger find refuge in a small traders’ fort on the edge of the known New World. Sheltered by a ragtag group of near insane explorers and traders, the girls’ sanctuary turns out to be a confine of terror when they discover the fort is under siege by savage werewolves. An enigmatic Indian hunter may be the girls’ only hope against the beastly onslaught outside the door, but that’s not the worst of it- one of the girls has been bitten by a werewolf. Brigitte and Ginger may finally have no one to turn to but themselves in the cold, dark prairie wilds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Production: Completed
Release Date (Theater): late April 2004 (Canada) depending on the theatrical success of Ginger Snaps 2 - the prequel, maybe direct to video, which would mean:
Release Date (DVD&VHS): late April 2004

Basically the same idea as the first movie. But I'm still gonna see it, damnit!

[Edited on 3-2-04 by Paige_x0x]

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-2-7 at 06:54
i saw The Professional last night, thanks to Dobs... and a thanks to Dobs is indeed in order. that film is brilliant. i loved how it was slow paced yet filled with action... incredable. but i think seeing it over 1000 times is a bit accesive Dobs...

And tonight i saw ROTK for the 5th time, and i still got all weepy at the end... damn that movie is too good for it's own good!

Some things take more than a lifetime.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:07
as i said on some previous thread, one of my hobbies is to make movies... generally shorts that some people say are "mindbending" and "trippy". well anyways, i made three with a friend, and we submitted them to our city's international film festival, and one won an honorable mention in the youth short catagory. one of my other friends won the first place in this catagory. it was pretty cool... not to brag, i just thought id share my success with ya'll.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:10
do you have any on your computer?

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:17
yeah, but they are way to big of files to send them to anyone. (unless you would like me to send you a dvd via snail mail) but im sure no one want's to see em that badly.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: postishead @ the roseland ['96]

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:29
i take it 'mindbening' and 'trippy' are referring to the visual component of the shorts. could you take a stab at explaining them a bit, i'm really curious.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:30
Wow Dobs, making an impact on people's daily lives...way to go hahaha.

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-2-8 at 01:49
ok, well there are 3: "esreveR" (Reverse spelled backwards), "Duct Tape", and "Unlocked".

esreveR is under 2 minutes, about (me) returning home to find that everything around me is moving backwords. It's the same concept as Coldplay's music video for clocks, except not that elaborate, and we made it before they even wrote that song. so technically they stole the idea from us. LOL. and my movie ends with a twist.

Duct Tape, is also under 2 minutes shot from the point of view of a roll of duct tape rolling through a house. we are considering making a sequal where the camera actually "Rolls" end over end, but it may not happen.

and Unlocked (the film which won the award) which is about 4 minutes opens with my friend finding a key in his house, that he has never seen before, and cant figure out what it "Unlocks" eventually he finds that it belongs to the house accross the street, but something very strange happens when he gets there... Dun dun dun!!

anyway, the way we make them, there is no talking (except one line in Unlocked. it's just music. Duct tape however doesnt have music, but sound effects. all of which i recorded after we shot it, and then muted the entire thing and added them in in imovie (that took a few days to do).

we come up with the main idea, and basic story line and then make up the rest as we go along. each took only a few hours to shoot, but duct tape and unlocked took a few days to edit.

Even though Unlocked won the award, i personlally like duct tape more, because it is a bit more creative. feel free to ask more about them if you want.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-2-10 at 05:43
i am currently burning DVDs of these movies for a couple of friends. if you would like me to send you one, speak now, or forever hold your peace. of course no one is gunna want one, im just putting it out there. Shit, it's making my comp so fucking sloooow. there is a quarter second delay, and it's pissing me off!

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-2-10 at 06:33
I wouldn't mind seeing them, though I won't ask for one because the shipping would be a tad much.

On another note, has anyone seen Jacob's Ladder? I want to know if it's a good film or not.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-2-10 at 06:42
i dont know about that one, but i saw Confidence just a bit ago, and absolutly loved it. how can you not with such a great opening scene: You see the main character lying dead one the street, voiceover: "So im dead."

brilliant! and it's got Dustin Hoffman, and Andy Garcia... gotta love em.

hey sin, how much is shipping from the west coast US to Austrailia anyway, do you know?

[Edited on 10-2-04 by armour_guitarist]

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-10 at 12:13
jacob's ladder is the manifestation of one of the greatest story premises ever. the movie is great, however i would love to see it done ten more times by ten different writers.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-10 at 12:58
name the movie

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-2-10 at 15:17
Hmmm, sounds good, I might try and hire it or something. The only thing I know about it is that the game, Silent Hill 3, got it's trippy monster-head-shaking-thing from Jacob's Ladder (and also Bergen Station features in the game, which I'm told is a place in the movie). That head shaking thing is cool (very strange when you see a disfigured creature raping a disfigured nurse while it's head is going spastic), so I figured the movie has to be halfway decent.

Oh, and no clue as to that movie, only that tthe damn riding bomb scene has been done to death, I assume that's the birth of it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-10 at 17:38
the first. the most memorable. and as far as i'm concerned, the only one that matters.

[Edited on 10-2-04 by mr. dobalina]

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

posted on 2004-2-10 at 17:46
Oh, and as for shipping to Oz, it's like 8 bucks or so US for slow (read: a month) delivery, and can be as much as 20-30 US for fast delivery (a few days).
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-2-10 at 21:46
Dr. Strangelove

Oh, and rent "Comic Book: The Movie". This movie was made for me. Other than Mark Hamill, the entire cast is famous Voice over actors! And alot of my favourites, too. There is nearly an hour long behing-the-scenes discussion with all the most famous voice actors in the world. It's fucking awesome. Oh, and the movie is quite entertaining, too.

[Edited on 10-2-04 by Reivax]

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-10 at 23:40
name the movie v. 2.0

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-2-10 at 23:49
*cough* idea-for-next-halloween *cough*
...if not, you could still rock that wedding dress at the thrift shop hah

you won't let me down...

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:08
A movie I have never seen, but always wanted to - Rushmore.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:24
and Reivax's stock continues to go up..............

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:35
I was just watching the third installment of the "tommy tricker and the stamp traveler" movies before I came down and sat on here. Anyone watch these flicks? They are my favourite canadian movies. I watched the first two when I was kid ALL the time.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:39
the first time i ever saw tommy tricker i was in jamaica. it was on the disney channel and if i'm not mistaken it was the one about the bluenose stamp. all in all a pretty decent movie.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:47
That would be the first movie. They get played alot on the moviepix channels in ontario. I'm quite surprised. I guess they won some awards back in the 80's. Rufus Wainright (when he was really young) sings in the mall when the kids are getting chased. It's the main theme of the movie, as far as I can remember.

mr. dobalina
Posting Machine

posted on 2004-2-11 at 00:53
name the movie v. 2.1

[Edited on 11-2-04 by mr. dobalina]

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

go to top